Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Do 'things' really come in threes?

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

Mid January to mid February: Coffee pot started making only cold coffee, washing machine screamed when asked to clean, microwave stopped cooking. Geesh, I hope that's it for a while!

Has the rule of three been true for you?

Kathy

Comments (5)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Yep! Things really do come it *3's* Just an oddity of life I guess. Hmmm, the washing machine may just be that some soap overflowed and the belts making the noise, mine does that a lot. It still works, should it's only 2 yrs old........I hate G.E. appliances..........

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Stuff does seem to happen in 3's, strange ain't it?

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

well I hope it wasn't just the soap! Dh took it apart and looked at it. We got a new one, but at least the old one was 9 yo. A whirlpool, seems like it should have lasted longer. The good part is the new one is larger capacity.
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Microwave needs a fuse if it goes dark(I think) & won't cook(If just won't cook could be element). Unplug it & find the panel on side & unscrew the couple of little screws & take the old fuse out & get new 1 at appliance repair store.(They don't want you to know there is a fuse in them so you will just get a new 1) Put it in & should work. I had problem with my washing machine & I just used different cycle, PP works fine, normal doesn't. Dad said it's the timer that needs replacing but I've used it for at least 3 yrs like this so why bother. Yes, stuff happens in 3's and best to get going on those 3 things as I've found it can quickly become 4-5 things at once and that gets messy as 1 parent or another would end up in hospital & try getting something repaired or replaced when you are juggling the rest of it. Of course you can't always afford a new dryer or are waiting for a sale. I once hug clothes from 1 end of my house (kitchen door) to far end of hall as I was sure they would have a Nov. sale at Sears & give a "free turkey" like they had last couple of years! Well, that year there was no free turkey & I waited until Jan. to get a good sale & going through line of wet clothes to get to rest of house is a real pain, like when I was little & mom hung clothes across basement where we lived. Talk about "Heaven on earth" there was no upstairs so the sheep walked all over the roof & baaaaa'd, seemed like all night. It was muddy out & mom & I hated it! Glad we moved to town few months later. Things are better now even when things are broke!LOL Hope you are back to normal! Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Oh, my G.E. fridge works perfectly & got it at store closing in 1987- never a repair & very quiet! Don't think they are good now tho, heard complaints from friends about them. Jan