Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseetrash

Junk Train Delayed Slightly Due to Daughter's Surgery

tennesseetrash
15 years ago

Daughter must have gall bladder surgery Mon a.m. This will be her 4th surgery in the past 2 years, and we hope it's the last! So JT might be delayed a couple of days, but I promise she will be treated like royalty!

Please keep our daughter in your prayers. Hopefully this will be the remedy for many of her health issues. The surgeon said she's got over 20 gallstones. Ugh! She'll be feeling better soon I hope. Meanwhile ... I'm babysitting 2 in diapers ... pray for me too LOL ... I'll be alright. Towanda!

See ya'll soon I hope ~tenderlee

Comments (23)

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ms Tenderlee:
    Yes ~~~ We will ALL ~ Be in prayer for your
    (((DD))) and for (((( YOU )))) & the whole family!!!

Yes... God's timing is always... right.. and in this
    modern Day Medicine... they can sure help people..
    and discover lots of things...We will also
    be holding up the ((((( DR's )))) in our prayers !

You keep us informed... and try to
    have some fun playing and laughing with the
    Tiny totts... Yea Disposable Diapers !!! ( God Bless Your Little Hearts !
    SusieSunshine

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Your daughter and you will be in my prayers. I hope she is feeling better soon.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Don't worry about JT! I'm sure she doesn't want to travel anywhere north of you until spring. Your daughter and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Susiesunshine is so great ... she even thinks of praying for the doctors! I want to be like Susie when I grow up! I will also be praying that the little ones take it easy on you until mom is feeling much better.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Hope this surgery ends the problems & makes her able to enjoy being a mom!! I'll be praying for you'all & keep us updated!! JT can just kick back for a little vacation!!! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Your DD's situation is in excellent hands. She has the best and most trusted childcare available, YOU. She will have excellent health pros taking care of the surgery. She will have prayers from a bunch of Garden Junkin' Believers. Hopefully after a bit of rest there will great relief for her. Bless ya'll Tenderlee. Susie/Hubs too.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

We'll be praying for your daughter, the doctors, and you and your family. Please take care of yourself. Get lots of rest! Let JT wait on YOU and your daughter and help you with babysitting! JT is good with kids! Bear Hugs and Prayers! Kirk and Carol

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ahhh, tennesseet, my heart is aching with you...may your daughter's surgery go smoothly and may she find relief...and I hope your DH will help with the little GKs...I know they can wear you out fast...so so WORTH the wear and tear!!! And JT needs a rest! She'll get back on track soon...don't worry!

I was to be gone this week to help my daughter with her littlest one as she is having a hysterectomy (sp?) and will not be able to lift little Eli, 20 mos. old...has 2 older kids that can help too when not in school and her DH. But, my DD got the ol' cold/flu virus and surgery postponed 2 wk...she's the school teacher so gets all that good stuff and has never been hospital sick...So I would like to add her to this "daughter" prayer request.

Thanking you all and keeping your family in prayer, Jeanne S.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Tenderlee, and Jeanne, will be thinking of your daughters and their surgeries. And YOUR "Mom" feelings as well.

{{gwi:77274}}

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

oh my goodness i hope she is better soon. and i hope the babysitting duties go lightly and smoothly with 2 in diapers too.
    kudzu

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Tenderlee I hope your DD gets better soon and Jeanne your DD also.Jt can help keep the babies busy.I'll be thinking of you both LOH Joan

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I'm sure JT won't mind having an extended rest with all her traveling and all. Please get lots of rest yourself... those little ones can be tiring. I bet your dd will feel like a totally new person now. I pray for a speedy recovery.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow! We will sure be remembering your daughter and you in our prayers Terry! Hope this surgery will be her last! JT will enjoy a little rest in a warmer place, so no worries there!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

God bless you both!

I pray all goes well!

~Sandy~

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Adding my prayers along with those of good friends and loved ones. Hope DD gets well soon & that you have good times with GK's. JT is happy to be there with you at this time.
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    Original Author
    15 years ago

DD's surgery went as well as could be expected yesterday morning, she got to come home last night. Other than getting over the surgery, she feels better already! She is able to eat without vomitting now! Thanks to you all for keeping us in your prayers.

JT is going to be shown around town any day now. She's gonna love it here! Pics of that coming within a couple of days. She'll be leaving here within a week, I don't want to hold up the train. It's going to someone *very special* next! (which could be ANY one of you!)

Susiesunshine ~ thanks so much for your sweet and wise words! We were lucky to have a very experienced surgeon around 60 years old. He and the hospital took such good care of her! And yes, those disposable diapers are handy, I used the cloth kind 90% of the time back in the 70's with my kids.

Smickers ~ thanks for those prayers! I think she already feels better with that diseased gall bladder gone!

Luna ~ LOL at wanting to be like Susiesunshine when you grow up ... don't we all?!? The grandsons have been as good as it gets with their age group thankfully! Oh to be young again and have all that energy!

Jan ~ We thought the vomitting and nausea was caused from the two pregnancies back to back (13 months apart). Now that the little one is 5 months old, and daughter kept being sicker, they finally ran more tests last week, and finally got it diagnosed. They put her surgery ahead of others for Mon morning because it was so bad when they finally figured it out. The gallbladder can be hard to diagnose. Her pancreas was inflammed too, and should improve now.

SusieRose & Hubs ~ That touched my heart about the best child care being myself. As ya'll know, the safest world available to our grandchildren is their grandparents. We're so protective of them. Their needs come at the top of the list. I am thankful that I'm not working now and that I can be a totally devoted and focused grandmother. I continue to pray for your Dad and family too!

Kirk and Carol ~ Your kids are small enough for those sleep deprivation memories to be fresh! I had forgotten until last year when these grandkids arrived! Get some rest?! Don't I wish?! haha. I will in a couple of weeks when daughter is back up to snuff. The kids would love to get ahold of JT and slobber all over her, but that ain't gonna happen. They will be allowed to hold her for a short photo session only, because they want to eat everything in sight LOL. I have JT loaded up with lots of bling! I didn't know she came with her own little jewelry box! She's wearing a lot now! haha

Jeanne ~ Gosh, I sure do hope your daughter comes through her surgery well!!! You will have a similar burden on you with your little one is only 20 mo. Grandma will help them make it more seamlessly! Your daughter will be so grateful for your help! You're right about the GKs being worth the wear and tear! Yes, hubby and son in law both are great with the kids, but SIL works 5 or 6 days a week (sometimes I think he has it the easiest lol) but there seems to be no replacement for the woman's touch when it comes to small kids. Not to take away from a father's importance now ... :-) Please let us know how your DD does with her surgery!

Cindee ~ thanks so much, I know you don't have much time! Good to see ya :-)

Karen ~ What a beautiful graphic! I feel the good wishes going out via her! Did she fly out of your garden?!

Kudz ~ Thanks so much! How are you doing these days yourself? Been wonderin' about ya!

Joan ~ You're right about keeping the kids busy, and you should know, with those beautiful grandkids you have!

Bright ~ I'm hanging in there, but need some Geritol LOL. Thanks for your prayers!

Marlene ~ We're hoping this surgery is the last too! Thanks for the prayers!

Sandy ~ Thanks for your prayers and good wishes!

Vickie ~ The GKs are so refreshing, yep, we have a good time all day long ... well at least they do LOL. Honestly it looks like a day care center around here! Thanks for the prayers!

OK, time for the 5 month old to wake up. Hubby has the 18 month old at the moment. I'm upstairs, he's downstairs :-)

Hugs to you all, it means a lot to know you're there. This seems to be my therapy group as well as junkin' your notes touch my heart. ~tenderlee

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thrilled to hear DD is doing well now & can eat without getting sick. My MIL went through that & it was miserable glad the surgery has inproved so much!! DD just has to be careful & not lift kids or get kicked by them,need some protective equipment for her tummy with kids that young, they are little wigglers!!LOL Hugs & continuing prayers for speedy recovery!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm so happy to read your daughter came thru surgery so good and feels better already. How wonderful, and what a relief for all of you.
    Now YOU might need some prayers for sleep deprivation and energy depletion with those two little ones around. Especially an 18 month old. Whew.
    The 5 month old is more my speed. I like 'em best before they are walking and talking. LOL. Just kidding, tho I do wish they'd stay babies a lot longer.

{{gwi:77274}}

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

I'm glad to hear that your DD is doing well.I bet your having a grand time with your GK's. Hope her recover is a fast one.We'll be thinking of you.Joan

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

tennesseet...that is wonderful news...thanks for taking time out for us GJers! Each day will be better for her...thank God!

My daughter is just 39 but we are hoping this is the answer...she has her wonderful family and a great support system...and wanted to try to wait til summer when she is not teaching...but not meant to be. Originally thought she could have a much simplier answer with surgery but good drs. encouraged a more radical procedure. Just want it over and her feeling good and on the recovery road like your DD. Thank you for your note. Jeanne S.

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Thinking of you and praying for God to give you the strength and patience needed for those little ones!

Also for your daughter's fast and complete recovery!

Hang in there!

~Sandy~

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Hope this week is going well and that your daughter is feeling better every day! And I hope that Grandma hasn't pulled all of her hair out either!! We're thinking of you!!

• tennesseetrash
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Heyas!!! DD is feeling more human today, much better actually. Yesterday was her sorest day, but now it's better! GKs are doing great too! As for my back (old disc is acting up, nothing new), it'll get better in a week or so, but I did get more rest last night than the past 4 or 5.

On top of DD's surgery this week, Saturday is the last day with their apartment near Atlanta. They have two more loads to haul to Chatta. So hubby has gone down to get a load in his truck while SIL is at work today, then Sat he and SIL rent a van to get the very last load and turn in the keys. DD & I are home babysitting, don't worry, we're not lifting anything other than the kids (she's avoiding lifting as much as possible)!

Thank heaven they don't have to send rent to another city for a place they're not living in! Yes, they could have broken the lease, but the fees were almost as much as letting the place just sit unused until the lease was expired. Now they can get their own place near our home probably in March!!! I might find a little junkin' and spring gardening time again! Yipee!

We can end this thread on a happy note then, and I'll be starting a JT in Chatta thread tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for all your support, it's amazing how much just a few words mean! You all lifted up my stressful week! Big-ol-squeeze-the-breath-out-of-you-hug :-) ~tenderlee

{{gwi:78206}}