Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Junkin' in Ann Arbor!

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

Oh my gosh! Sandy, her husband Jim, and I met in Ann Arbor at the Salvation Army for an afternoon of junkin'. We went to the ReUse it Center and another thrift store after we got finished at the SA. We had a great time and spent a lot of time talking and getting to know one another better. When we left the SA, Sandy had me stop at their van before going to my car. She surprised me with a wonderful gift bag. Inside was a gorgeous candle totem, a flower candle plate, another clear flower plate and a couple of tiny bottles that I can't wait to turn into baby bottle bugs. Thank you again Sandy! I don't think I have ever had a better time shopping at thrift stores. We hope to get together more to do some shopping...next time I will have to go to their stomping grounds and see what kind of treasures we can find. I put the pictures of us that we took with my camera, (They have some on their camera as well) as well as pics of the gifts that Sandy gave me and pics of my finds for the day on my photobucket page. Here is the link if you want to check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Micki's Photobucket

Comments (12)

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kirk! I forgot to say....We thought of you all day long! You were there with us in our hearts!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Smick and Sandy- How wonderful you had a bright sunny outing together. Lots of goodies make for a fun time!!!

Have ya'll walked in the part of town that have all of the fairie doors at different businesses? I read about them on the internet and always thought it would be interesting to see if the shops continued to keep them up.

Loved seeing the pics!!! Susie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What a GREAT day for you two!!! That is so exciting you got to spend a day shopping in real life with a fellow junker friend.
    And what a super sweetheart Sandy was to load you with all those goodies. WOW. Santa better look out, sounds like she is practicing to take over his job. Tho not sure she'd want to live at the North Pole. But come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that is where Kirk is living these days.

I loved the photos!
    {{gwi:77274}}

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

What an absolutely wonderful afternoon!!

Micki is a truly lovely person, that Jim and I are so fortunate to have gotten to know. (We spent a lot of time talking!)

This is the first full day (We visited our kids this evening.) I've put in since being sick for two weeks, I'm exhausted,wishing my neck wasn't attached to my body, and not up to posting pictures, etc. tonight, but I surely will in the morning!

Micki, I loved spending the afternoon with you and hope we can go junking together again...soon I hope!

~Sandy~

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Looks like you 3 had a great time!! Love the gifts Sandy gave you! Can't wait to see the baby bugs!! The plate you got is really pretty. You had a good junking day & great day with friends!!Nice you are so close! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

How fun! Now that I'm feeling better, I'll have to get together with toomuchglass. We wanted to make plans to meet but I have been having one health problem after another since December! Today I was finally feeling pretty good. I went to an antique mall and wore myself out looking at things and looking for Bob who was wondering around the store not answering his cell phone! Today was my test run to see how well I faired away from home. I'm a little sore from all the walking I did but other parts of me are feeling fine (so far! lol). Maybe toomuch and I can get together sometime in the next couple of weeks.

One of these days I'll have to arrange to meet susiesunshine too!

I'm glad you two got to meet in "real life" and had such a great time together!

Sandy, you are a great gift giver too!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

OMGosh ... meeting for a junkin' day is just fantastic Micki, Jim & Sandy!!! Good for y'all! What a perfect way to spend your time getting to know each other! Loved the pics! Look forward to seeing the baby bottle bugs! I have relatives in Detroit area and Toledo too, so please include me if I ever make it up to visit them again! The first shopping mall I ever visited was in Ann Arbor (early 60s I was about 12), I loved it up there. We had more fun at Lake Mich than at the ocean, I loved that the water didn't burn my eyes with salt, and the sand dunes were beautiful! Looks like a huge Salvation Army there too :-)

Sandy, get better soon! Didn't know you have been under the weather!

Luna, that little Bob was being a bad boy wasn't he lol, tell him you'll leave him with a babysitter next time ... Oh Behave :-) Sorry health issues are slowing you down, I just hate when that happens! Hope you get to meet up with TooMuch and SusieSunshine soon! Y'all would have a blast I'm sure!

~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Smick & Cape...ohh, what a day for you both (and Cape's DH)...looks like you had so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing your day with us & the great pics!

luna...please include me when you get together "some day"...I'm not WAY far away ... here in NE Iowa! Susiesunshine is just a few hours from me...somewhere over there in IL! I would so like to meet 2Much, you & susiesunshine ... boy, that would be some day!

Get well, soon, everyone! This winter has been full of what I call "crap!" Hang in there! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I keep hearing about the Ann Arbor SA! May have to visit it someday, tho it would be a long trip from NH. Glad you all had such a good time.
    Jeanne did you get the last storm? It by passed us today, but we are supposed to get a big one tonight. I'm still sore from the last. My aunt and uncle live near Creston. I've never visited them there yet tho. My sil lives in Kansas. We've contemplated a trip in that general direction.
    kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

SO cool that you two got to meet and have a fun junking day together! You both found some very cool junk and I have a bird feeder just like the one you two found! Happy for you two!

• daisydal
    15 years ago

I am so glad you two got to have a wonderful day and Sandy let sweet little Jim come out and play, too! Sounds like you didn't have a choice Sandy, Mr. Jim is destined to be a junker like the rest of us!! Micki, sounds like yall had a blast! You got some great gifts from Sandy and I know you can't wait to make your bugs cuz we can't wait to see 'em! The birdfeeder story gives me goosebumps, someone up above sure loves you guys!! Great pics, too, thanks for sharing your special day with us!!
    blessings-sherri

• kirkus
    15 years ago

I just posted on Sandy's thread...sounds like you had a great time too! WHAT FUN!!!! Great finds and those gifts from Sandy are beautiful! Isn't she the nicest! I love the picture of the 2 of you and the one of Sandy and Jim! It is just soooo neat that you all could meet! What a beautiful memory it will be...one to treasure! I felt like I was there as the 2 of you told your stories in your posts! Thank you for sharing your day with us! Like I told Sandy, the next time you meet to thrift, Carol and I will be there! :o) "If there's a thrift store, we will come." LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH