Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my new guy, LOL

Purplemoon
15 years ago

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. LOL. Late last night, in boredom, I went prowling on Craigslist.

I decided to look thru "Collectibles". And I saw an ad for a huge Nutcracker....40 inches high, made of wood! For $25! Probably less than a third of his value! I quickly emailed, tho knew I wouldn't hear anything till today. Finally this afternoon, the man emailed me his phone number and said the Nutcracker was available. My darling DH drove across town (after golf, LOL) and picked up the Nutcracker for me.

I've got a small collection of Nutcrackers, from little ornament ones to several that are about 12" high. But I am so ecstatic to have one this huge. He's heavy, solid wood.

{{gwi:78435}} {{gwi:78436}}

{{gwi:77274}}

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

HOLE-Y BUCKETS!...he's almost as tall as I am! (just kidding!)...he is very majestic!...and ol' blue eyes, what a find! Good for you, purplemoon...I'm sure he will bring you lots of joy whenever you pass him by! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Wow! He is really a nice 1, friend collects them & none have a "crown" he is very special !! Also very large!!! He looks like he is almost standing at attention!! The blue eyes are nice too. I think you did really well!!(with help from DH)! Jan

• leveta
    15 years ago

What a great find, and a great price....

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Wow! My son would go nuts over something like that! He has collected nutcrackers since he was 5

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

What a WONDERFUL find! I'll bet you were all giddy inside, weren't you?? Love him, love him!! Yay for you!!!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

He's a beauty for sure.
    kathy

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Love him! Great deal, I would have snatched him up too! I just love nutcrackers, started collecting them a few years ago, but since they're usually kinda expensive, and I have more Christmas decorations than I need anyhow, I only buy nutcrackers when I get a good deal on one. You surely found a bargain and a treasure! Love the blue crown! Oh and thanks to that DH of yours, mine does little things like that for me, and it is always appreciated! ~tenderlee

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Oh, Karen, he's beau-ti-mous!!!!!! I love Craigs list, great buys like this one make it worth surfing through it.
    His crown likes like glass, the blue is so pretty! I'm doing the happy dance for ya!!!! Sweet of DH to help out, after golf, of course!!!LOL!!
    blessings-sherri

• akup_a
    15 years ago

He is as majestic as you are Purplemoon! You deserve the royal treatment. Great buy!
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awww, Vickie, you're too cute with that comment.
    I still can't believe I got this guy, and at that price!!
    I don't check Craigs List that often, except maybe to scan the free stuff. And I've bought very little off it. Tho last year I got a wonderful marble-top round table and a console table with heavy ornate wood, both things I'd long wanted but didn't expect to find 'affordable'. I've never seen anything in Collectibles on CL that I wanted before.
    Guess this was one of those "meant to be" things.
    I just started collecting Nutcrackers last year, tho I had a token few little ones. I didn't even know they would appeal to me so much now. LOL. I like this King one, but I also like the soldiers as much. Some of my 11" ones are golfers, along with 2 golfer Santas...in honor of U Know Who. In Dec, at my favorite antique mall, one of the dealers had a 6 ft tall Nutcracker. I about had a fit seeing him. Boy did I want to bring that one home!! But he was $300. Way out of my budget. Tho out of curiosity, I looked the life-sized ones up on the Web and found they were usually around $700. So he was a good buy. He'd have looked great standing by my life-sized Carousel Horse in the livingroom. LOL.
    As it is, I need to find a place to store this guy. He's in my bedroom closet at the moment. My Xmas closet is FULL, especially as I have the 36" Santa in there too. I can't wait to display the Santa and this Nutcracker together.
    Is it Christmas yet????????? LOL

{{gwi:77274}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

What an awesome addition to your collection! Boy was he a great buy! It does sound like it was meant to be.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

He's cooooooooooool! I can't wait to see him in your Christmas displays next Christmas!!! Did you say, "Is it Christmas yet?" That means Secret Santa needs to get organized! EEEK! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Miss Karen, Your secret is out!!!! I am a sucker for a man in uniform too!!!!! Susie

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Whoa...he's a big dude!!

What a find!!

~Sandy~

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting