Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Votes are in ..first GJ Spring Fling is announced.

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

Votes were tallied and we are going to hop forward with our first GJ Spring Fling. The Spring Fling is a gift exchange of garden junk. It's similar to our GJ Secret Santa exchange.

The deadline for signing up is March 7. Everyone who wants to join the fun needs to email me their home address and "likes and interests" list by March 7. My email address is: a.girl.named.max@gmail.com

I will match up everyone and email each participant their recipient's information by March 14.

The deadline to mail your Spring Fling package to your recipient is April 4.

Marlene was kind enough to send me suggestions on how to organize this event. I consider myself to still be a newbie so feel free to kindly make suggestions as we hop along. To join in the fun you need to have posted here at least once in the past. You also need to agree to spend no more than $15 on garden junk stuff. It can either be something that you've made or garden junk you think your recipient would enjoy. (For example, I'm starting a junk garden for fairies and the wee ones this year.)

After emailing me, be sure to post your partication here to let everyone else know who has joined the Spring Fling exchange. I will also use this thread to post reminders.

I loved participating in the Secret Santa exchange and I'm really looking forward to our first GJ Spring Fling.

Your GJ friend, Max

Comments (18)

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I wanna hop with you!!!! Put me on the list and I'll e-mail you in the next day or so. Just a quick check in to GJ this morning and off to a BUSY week at work.

THANKS so much for getting this going......I just know it's gonna be as much fun as the Secret Santa Exchange was.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

I'm in! Will e-mail info to you shortly. Thanks for stepping up and doing this. We all appreciate it.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I'm hopping!! I'm hopping, with excitement!!! Sign me up! THANK YOU for accepting this for the rest of us. I will mail you my address and things I like soon. I enjoyed the Secret Santa and I'm sure this will be just as much fun for all of us. I can hardly wait.

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Thanks for taking on the Spring Fling. I'm in.It is always such fun to be involved with fellow garden junkers.Looking forward to it.Joan

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Count me in. I think it's a great idea!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Definitely IN! I love these things!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Count me in! This will be a great excuse for me to look through all my junk!

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Count me in. I think it's a great idea!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We're hoppin toward the deadline to sing up for the GJ's Spring Fling. See info at the beginning of this thread.

Always Max

• dollydee
    13 years ago

Count me in as well....SS was a blast and I really enjoyed getting all the items together to send out.

I will send you my info in the next day or two...thanks so much for taking the time to organize this, it is very much appreciated!!

Dee

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bump

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Yep count me in I'll send my info to you
    What a great idea to start spring with
    Thanx
    Hus Carmen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Okay, got my "personal thrift shop" cleaned up yesterday, so I'm ready to share now and always ready for more stuff! ;-)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Ok, a girl named Max, got Campbell off on his next adventure with the Junk Train and I am more then ready to go with GJ first (annual???) Spring Fling. Still have lots of stuff to share. Hope lots of our GJ's sign up, the more the merrier!!! Thanks for being the coordinator.

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Max,
    Just sent you my email!! :) exciting!!!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping on up. Just a reminder that the deadline to sign up for the GJ Spring Fling is Monday, March 7.

I'm pretty sure I have responded to everyone who has emailed me their address and interest/likes list.

If you haven't signed up please see the post at the top of this thread for more info.

I'm enjoying coordinating this event and hope more GJers can join in. Right now there are 13 of us.

Max

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I had to miss out on the Secret Santa exchange this time, so I would love to join the Spring Fling. I'll send you my info tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for doing this!
    hugs, Karen

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all,

Today, March 7 is the last day to sign up for the first GJ Spring Fling. It's going to be so much fun! See the top of this thread for more info.

Always, a girl named Max

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm