Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Kudzu....thinking of you!

Purplemoon
15 years ago

I was glancing at some blogs which I do occasionally, and Kudzu is one at top of my list. I saw the post about falling and breaking your hip on Sunday. And that you hurt too bad to sit, stand, or walk.

So you lay on the couch and watch TV and snack till you can get back here and let us know how you are doing.

Thinking of you,

hugs and prayers,

Karen

Comments (15)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I'm thinking of you too! And sending up prayers that you will feel better soon! Miss you & your wonderful ideas!! Going to get the coffee filters tomorrow morning with GF & see if we can make anything half as pretty as you do!! Do get a rail around the porch so you are safer!! Check in for minute so we know how you are!! Jan

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Kudz, I'm so sorry to hear of your accident! Since I joined the forum, you have always been my inspiration, giving me so-o-o-o-o many ideas. I pray that you heal quickly! Let us know how you're doing. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Hey Kudzu,
    I hope you are healing nicely. You really need to put a rail around that fence....seems like this isn't the first time that I read about you falling off the porch. Don't snack too much while you are layed up. Trust me, it takes a lot of gardening to burn all that off (I'm speaking from experiece since I am still trying to burn off what I snacked on last summer!) My thoughts are with you. Get better soon! We need your inspiration!

~Micki~

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH Kudzu I'm so sorry about your fall...Take care and don't over do....

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh no, I regret that bad news! Cherry, I hope you'll be back in the saddle soon! Gosh ... stuff happens! Just hate that! Miss you and will be looking for word on your progress! Prayers and hopes going your way for a speedy recovery! I hope you can do water therapy, it will be very helpful to move without bearing weight. *sigh* it's like part of the color went out of our rainbow ... ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

kudz...sorry to hear your dr's diagnosis, "hipdisplacement!" UGH! UGH!
    Let DH and those around you ..."pamper, pamper, pamper" you...it's your time...love your posts & hope you can get back soon! Jeanne S.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Cherry,
    I was looking for you and I also saw your blog post. Ouuuuuuuccccchhhhhhhh. So sorry. Good thing you are young enough to get through this quicker. I also reccommend water therapy. It was wonderful help before I had my back surgery. Our thoughts and prayers are all over this!!!! Susie/TEXAS

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Oh goodness! Thanks for the well wishes from everyone!

There's no break, the doctor only calls it "hip displacement", he said he would call if he found anything in the x-rays(health care in Mississippi) In the meantime, I'm to take it easy, and try to lay flat. He gave me 5 pills to take(wow, 5 WHOLE pills...all for ME!) non-narcotic pills at that,not pain relievers, but some sort of muscle relaxer. They didn't do a darn thing for me,either. I see another doctor on March 3 (health care in Mississippi).
    And I hate for ya'll to think I'm a real klutz( I AM,sorta) LOL...but my front porch only has 2 steps off of it, and I do have a rail and hand rails,lol! It has a lot to do with all the anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications I take all day long and the fact that my mind forgets I'm not a teen-aged gymnast or cheerleader anymore *blush* Oh and we shouldn't have tried to make the molded concrete walk starting right under the steps...too uneven! I've crafted a few things I'll post about later. Here's the front porch...she looks innocent,doesn't she?

{{gwi:78443}}

• akup_a
    15 years ago

So sorry about your lay-up with the hip. Here's a prayer or 2 (2 prayers 4 kudzu) for a swift recovery. It's too bad you can't put your bed on that front porch since you have to just lay around for a while. I could recooperate on that front porch. It's as lovely as your creations.
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm with Vickie, that porch is made for recuperating on.
    Wow.. is it ever lovely and cozy! Someone would have to DRAG me inside.

But you said " I'm not a teen-aged gymnast"....so were you leaping over the railing and doing backflips? LOL.
    CUT THAT STUFF OUT !

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Kudzu~

So sorry about your accident, but grateful your hip isn't broken! We're thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Love your porch too!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

OK, I love your porch but I think you should widen that bottom step & get the rock out of there & get those garage floor rubber things that fit together & put a couple of layers so if you fall again you will bounce!!!!! LOL. I thought you needed a rail as lady I used to take to church was in her 90's & I would go visit her sometimes too & she was always talking about getting a rail as she had none. You could just step off the porch anywhere it was about 10x20 ft. & no rail by the 2 steps either. I guess that is what I figured you had. You may be turning on those stones or slipping & falling. They don't look too safe for anyone on meds!! If wet they could be slick!! Love the porch tho, looks so inviting. Jan

• leveta
    15 years ago

Your front porch is so CUTE,,,,,

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Beautiful front porch you have there Kudz. Would be a comfortable place to plank down. I am so glad it isn't a break. Nasty things breaks are. Hope you heal quickly and get back to crafting

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Ahah! ... the scene of the accident! Beautiful place, kudz! Good to hear from ya! ~tenderlee

{{gwi:78444}}

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA