Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

Update on NanaGrandma

nanagrandma
15 years ago

OK had our consultation with the Mayo team of doctors. I won't describe what they are going to do but I will be bald in front of my head,Operation is maybe up to 8 hours, I was telling my kids I will look like Uncle Fester from the Adams family, LOL of course I am exagerating, more like Stevie Wonder. I guess I'll have to buy fancy scarves to wrap around my head or better yet get a cowboy hat like Kenney Chesney. Well like I always say where there is a will there is a way. There will be two teams of doctors and they sure talk like they know what they are doing. And now it is all in GOD'S HANDS, ALWAYS WAS.

Thank You all for thinking of me and your dearly loved prayers.

God Bless

Luvya

Sylvia

Comments (15)

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Hi Sylvia! Thank you for the update! Is the surgery still set for the 12th? What time? We want to be praying for you at that time. We love your positive attitude! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! We're going to pray for you RIGHT NOW...

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please continue to give Sylvia your strength... and your peace that passes all understanding. Lord, wrap your loving arms around Sylvia during this time. Guide the doctors as they perform the surgery. Lord, you are a God of miracles. Allow Sylvia to crawl up into your lap and rest in your presence, Dear Father. In your precious name we pray."

We're praying for you, Sylvia. Love, Kirk and Carol

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

"Bald is beautiful"! We don't care if you have no hair! It's a badge of courage to be bald so be proud!!! I think everyone understands nowdays!! Hugs, Love & many prayers going out to get you through the next few days!! Wish we could all be there & circle you with love but I'm sure everyone will do it from here!!Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

"Bald is beautiful"! We don't care if you have no hair! It's a badge of courage to be bald so be proud!!! I think everyone understands nowdays!! Hugs, Love & many prayers going out to get you through the next few days!! Wish we could all be there & circle you with love but I'm sure everyone will do it from here!!Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

The GW people kept telling me I couldn't post as already had- well, nobody had so I tried again so sorry they finally sent both through!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Many prayers and blessings will continue, Sylvia. It was good to hear from you today.

Holding you close in heart and thoughts,
    hugs, Karen

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

As everyone here has said already, My prayers will be with you more than ever over the next few days. Keep us posted on how you are doing. We are all thinking of you! Bald is beautiful! The scarves or some wonderful hats do wonders...my favorite is my cowboy hat. It matches the one Chris has on in the pic on my photobucket page. I got it last summer. Hats or scarves with bling....that is what I see you in.

~Micki~

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

I'm so glad you posted! I've been checking several times a day and hoping for an update.

I pray for you to do well with your surgery, for God to guide the hands of your surgeons, and for you to have a speedy, uneventful recovery.

Scarves with bling...I love it!!

God bless you!

Love and prayers for you,
    Sandy

• leveta
    15 years ago

A buncha huggggssss sent your way....

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Kirk said a beautiful prayer, and I thank him for saying the things I would like to say! I am so anxious about your surgery, Sylvia, I'll be so glad when it's over, and you are back on the road to a speedy recovery! You will be missed the entire time you're gone! I miss you already :-) Hurry back!!!

btw, you'll be just lovely with all the beautiful scarves! With a face like yours, it won't even matter, and the hair will grow back soon! Big Hug you'll be in my prayers all night and day tomorrow! Get word to us asap please! Another hug ... lol ... did I squeeze too hard?! Miss you! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

nanagrandma...So good to hear from you...thank you for keeping us updated...I can only re-iterate everything said above...God lift you up...and you lean on Him!!! Everything good is being done! Continued prayers, Jeanne S.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sylvia, I read every post above and I DITO them all. I am always amazed at how modern medicine has procedures in place when we need them.

How Blessed we are to be in a civilized country where medical care is available.

How Blessed we are to have the powers of communication technology to answer our medical questions and enlighten our lives with knowledge.

How Blessed we are to have modern transportation to seek out specific care in different areas of the country.

How Blessed we are to "find room at the Inn" for our shelter in a strange land.

How Blessed we are to be nourished by warm food and held by even warmer arms of those who love us.

How Blessed we are to have our children grow up and attend universities to learn how to heal others.

I thank God for these and many other blessings that He has provided for us in this country. Sylvia know this, He put all of these things into place for this time at this moment for you. Susie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

SusieRose, both you and Kirk had such beautiful words that they brought me to tears. I am sure Sylvia can feel all the love here.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

We'll be there with you tomorrow Sylvia holding your hand! Keeping you close in our thoughts and prayers!

BIG HUGS!!!

Marlene

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Sylvia, I can't add anything else that would say it better :D I'll be holding you in my thoughts and prayers my friend (((Hugs)))
    Cherry/Kudzu

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Sending thoughts and prayers your way Sylvia. I hope your surgery is a complete success!! (((hugs)))