Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Think spring! A picture from last spring!

kirkus
15 years ago

I am sooooooo thinking spring! (Good-bye winter!) This is a picture I took at our pond last spring of Canada Geese and their babies. Aren't they cool?! Think spring! Think spring! Think spring! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:78497}}

Comments (10)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Think spring??? It's think babies, what a bunch of little beauties & parents arn't bad either!!!Each one is little ball of sunshine tho! Do they stick around & raise them at your place or were they just passing through!! How lucky you are to have such majestic birds visit you! My favorite toy was made by my dad, It was a swan glider that I sat in & loved to go back & forth, we lived in Glendale until I was about 4 ,well from 3 mos until 4 yrs as I was born in S.D. I guess we left it for some other child to enjoy. I have pics but guess no way to get on Internet!! How is the snow at your house, still stacked high? Enjoyed the pic! Jan

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Daffodils and crocus are beginning to bloom here and the trees are budding. The birds are restless and cleaning out my feeders on a daily basis. Our local Canada geese are pairing off and claiming territory.
    Spring is just around the corner!

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH HOW SWEET!!!!I love spring babies....

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

OHHHHHH YESSSSSS!!! I am SOOO ready for spring!! I am sick to death of cold, dead plants, and gray days! Your geese are just too cute! Reminds me of the farm geese we pass going to our camper in the summer. The Daddy goose always runs out to the edge of the road and hisses at us when we slow down to look at the babies! Too funny!

I'm with you....THINK SPRING!!!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

What a terrific post card or greeting card that would make!!! We could send one to that lady on the news who keeps on having babies for her mom to help raise. LOL

I can see the beauty of your pond. What a blessing.

Here in N. TX we moved all of our house plants outside and now there is a freeze coming Saturday night. The problem is that it will probably jump back up to 60 degrees the next day. So I've got blankets spread out on the porch.

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Awwwwww ..... We needed that pic ... great choice Kirk! ~tenderlee

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Ohhhhhh how beautiful.My Jinxie duck laid about 26 and has yet to start to set. I think she may never get to as her abusive husband duck Felix is to controlling and makes her spend all her time with him.
    tanya

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

I have cabin fever.I can't wait to get outside.We're suppose to get snow this week end.But I don't go by the weather man,I look out the window.Can't wait to see which plants start coming up first.I have to start seed for veggies for my herb club plant sale and the mastergardners are asking us to plant extra veggies for the food pantry's.
    My deck is calling my name.Joan

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

We have mallards that come here in the early morning and late afternoon during the spring and summer. We love to watch them! Now we need a pond!!

The snow is coming down like gangbusters here right now...and I've had enough! I'm itching for warm weather!! I long to be outside, gardening in the nice warm sun!

Here's a picture of our crab-apple tree last spring.

{{gwi:78498}}

Upkeep on our trees cost us a small fortune, but they're worth it. We get so much enjoyment from them. Except in the fall!! LOL

~Sandy~

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

I keep thinkin' of that song that I posted a line to Cait... I think it's about worn-out green grass and a little girl is singing,

"It'll come back...It'll come back...Daddy, don't be mad...God and the rain will bring it back."

Whoa, that's how I'm feelin' about Spring! It'll come back! Jeanne S.
    Oh, the amazin' Internet...I'm always amazed...you can find anything! See link:

Here is a link that might be useful: It'll Come Back

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH