Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

JT Arrived in Iowa!

jeannespines
15 years ago

Whoopee!!! JT arrived in Iowa this afternoon and she has kept me busy ever since! First thing she wanted to do was ride a tractor...so here she is:

{{gwi:78518}}

That was my FIRST MISTAKE...giving in to her demands! I planned on taking her to Book Club with me tonight but after this afternoon, well, I just left her home with DH!

More pics & news (from today) will come tomorrow...I'm just to plain tuckered out tonight! Thanks, Purplemoon...nothing broken & JT looked mighty refreshed!

And what a stash of GJ! Jeanne S.

Comments (16)

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Jeanne, You are kindred spirit, and it makes us all so happy inside to know that JT was here and now she is in your home! I hope she shares about her experiences here in Washington State! HOW DID YOU FIND A JOHN DEERE HAT TO FIT HER?! TOO COOL! Can't wait to hear about her stories with you!

On a side note, what book is your Book Club discussing? I LOVE BOOKS!

ENJOY JT!!!!! She's a kick!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

That photo is too much. A JD HAT in her size?? LOL
    I'm glad she arrived with all the 'junk' intact. I can't wait to see what treasures you keep.

Have fun with JT, hope she doesn't wear you out too much.
    {{gwi:76417}}

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

TOO funny Jeanne! JT driving a tractor! She can really keep you busy, so watch out! Can't wait to see your JT treasures!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

That's what she (J.T.) gets for going to Iowa during field breakin' time!!! "Just country boys and girls gettin' down on the farm". Have Fun Jeanne.

Can't wait till you get to TEXAS J.T. Susie

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

Too cute! I can't wait until JT can visit with me. I'll have to think about what we can do together while she's here....I guess that all depends on the weather.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, after that tractor ride yesterday, I had a hard time getting JT away from my DH's John Deere stuff...oh boy, was she hooked on JD! Here she is sitting on the rock, refusing to move on...took a likin' to the talkin' cow:

{{gwi:78519}}

I kept telling her...that's a alot of "bull"...(& plastic)...not her type...she was very stubborn and wouldn't move...so I bribed her with "Moo-Moo!" OMGosh...

{{gwi:78520}}

IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! Mr. Moo-Moo was smitten & LOVED the lady-bug necklace that JT wore (I put it on her from her jewelry box)...and added a matching "black ribbon" for her hair.

OH BOY, they sat on the red fur rug for a loo-o-ong time...and I had about given up taking her outside on this beautiful Iowa day! She wouldn't even need her "winter duds" that was packed in her lovely purple bag!

More to come .... Jeanne S. & the "Saga of J.T. in Iowa."

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Can't breathe,
    stomach hurts,
    can hardly type,
    wiping tears from face with squeegee....

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH how cute is that...It ought to be a book....JT takes a trip...

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The continuing "Sage of J.T. in Iowa:"

JT and Mr. Moo-Moo formed a coherent relationship and would not listen to a word I said about "it being such a beautiful day outside here in Iowa." JT FINALLY agreed that she would leave Moo-Moo and go outside IF I would pamper here a bit...so, reluctantly, I agreed:
    {{gwi:78522}}

She knew I'm an avid "Hawks" fan ... so she talked me into a "double ear piercing!" AArrgh! Matched her "gold ones" she said.

At least we were now outside and she spied this in my backyard:
    {{gwi:78524}}

WHEEEEE...EEEE....the good ol' tire swing! As she was a-swingin', she started singing the "Iowa-y" song..."that's where the tall corn grows!" She insisted I take her to a corn field...no matter how much I stuttered and stampered about it being March in Iowa and the neighbor's fields weren't even worked up yet to be planted, she whined and whined until:

{{gwi:78526}}
    JT sitting in my "corn husk wreath" ... a 20yr+ old GJ piece!

Gosh, she was one persistent gal!!! Purplemoon, did you teach her the "Iowa-y" song??? More "JT Saga in Iowa" to continue! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I shared with JT how much I love watching the birds out my front LR windows and taking pics. She insisted on a ringside seat right out in the bird santuary (couldn't blame her...such a sunshine-y day):

{{gwi:78528}}
    She could hear some other dogs barking across the way...so she insisted that "Nellie" stand guard!

One more special place to visit, I told her...my "swing in the pines" ... my secret garden place:

{{gwi:78529}}

JT complained that she was too far away and couldn't see me...so next thing I knew:

{{gwi:78530}}
    ...JT had climbed to the top!

That was it! Time to end this visit to an Iowa acreage! I took her by the hand to lead her back to the house...low and behold, she jumped from my arms and up:

{{gwi:78531}}
    ...into the arms of my "special angel!" Ahhhhh....the look of innocence. JT...Jezzie...Junk Thang...or whatever, you certainly made my day!!! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

OMG! That is so funny! Gosh how will the rest of us top you guys! I will have to put on my serious thinkin' cap to figure out some fun things to do with her when she makes it to West Allis.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm so glad I'd put down my glass before I saw the photos.
    I'd have been snorting ice tea! My sides hurt, my face is tear-streaked, and I don't know how the heck you'll get her back in the box now. Apparently she's a Farm Girl at heart.
    And poor Mr MooMoo will be crushed when she leaves.

{{gwi:76417}}

• leveta
    15 years ago

I believe she is getting a bit spoiled.....Jeanne loved every min. of it...

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Life will not be so 'puff puff' when she gets to TEXAS. No fancy boyfriends or country adventures. No personal guard dog or piercings. She better have her fun now Jeanne. LOLOLOL I need her to dust under my couch and help me wash the outside windows. Then she can go to traffic court with me and see the ugly underbelly of how Texas law works. LOLOLOLOLOLOL wheeze!!!! If I get the death penalty for that expired inspection sticker she can come along. I'm sure Hubs will put her in an envelope and send her home later.

The last time I went to Iowa everyone was saying, "No this is not Heaven, It's just Iowa". J.T. now knows what they meant by that.

Nope girl, no plush vaca here. Enjoy your travels, see you in hel-, I mean 'Summer in Texas'. ha ha ha
    Auntie Susie

• akup_a
    15 years ago

JT plowing the fields with her necklace & bracelet on. Now that's high class style! She's so adorable in her John Deere outfits. What a handsome dude Moo Moo is, no wonder our JT fell in love with "a bunch of bull"!
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Ohhhh, that little JT can adapt to everything! Who knew she was a farmgirl?!? LOL Great pics Jeanne! She's ruint now for sure lol ~tenderlee