Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Chat, March 21st at 5 pm (PST)

kirkus
15 years ago

Hi EVERYONE! I have been sooooooo busy preparing for parent-teacher conferences this week that I REALLY need a chat night with my wonderful, special, creative Gardenweb, JUNKING friends!!! Can we meet this Saturday night (March 21st) at 5 p.m. (PST) and chat on Cindee's Garden Chat site? I'll post the link below. I know this is short notice, but I will appreciate anyone who can join in the chat!!! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! Bear Hugs! Kirk P.S. Carol will join in on the chat too! I hope she doesn't share too many secrets about ME!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cindee's Chat Site

Comments (18)

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sounds like fun Kirk.

Count me in. I look forward to seeing Carol there too.

~Micki~

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Sounds good to me....now I just need to remember....8:00 my time!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Sounds like fun! I hope to drop by for a while. All the new GJers, drop by Saturday evening if ya can, and we can visit in real time at Cindee's garden chat room! Thanks Cindee and Kirk. Glad Carol's coming this time too!
    :-) ~tenderlee

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Well, I missed the other chatting due to being forgetful.
    And rarely on here till later in the evenings.

5pm this Sat is not good for me since that's right in middle of me having to fix dinner for Dad and DH. Dang.
    But if I get a moment to peek in, I will.
    Sounds like y'all sure have had fun in the past.

hugs, K

• coloredthumb
    15 years ago

What a wonderful idea to spend the evening of the First day of SPRING , the Vernal Equinox, Ostara chatting with friends from a special garden site.
    I will try to join in for a while . I lead a spiritual group that hosts a public picnic that day. It is scheduled to end a 5:00 PM my time but I haven't ever gotten everyone gone and cleaned up the area on time yet. Ususally it runs around 2+ hrs longer than scheduled. Even with a group of 15 helping we still get held up later and later as the days grow longer. It takes a toll on me.LOL
    CT

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I forgot last time,too! I'll be there if I don't forget this time!

• cait1
    15 years ago

I think that's my Sunday noon. Is 5 PM PST 9 PM EST??? Gosh, I only know the time here in Oz if you give me EST. HAHAHA

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

hi cait
    it would be 8 est
    sure would be nice if
    you could join us
    we have lots of fun picking on
    kirk (we do love him)
    debby

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

I can't believe I missed it! I knew it was coming up and completely brain bubbled it.
    : (
    Catch y'all next time!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm so upset, I missed yet another Chat. I knew it was a bad time of day for me to try and get online, but then I had unexpected company and couldn't get in here no matter how bad I wanted to. Somebody needs to find a way to SAVE and COPY these, so I won't keep missing out on everything!
    LOL. (actually not LOLing at all, sniffling instead)

{{gwi:77274}}

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Well darn...I missed it too!!

The plan for the day was to organize things in the basement. We went out around noon to run a errand...with all intentions of coming right back here to work.

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of stopping at Saver's to see what was new, and of course had to stop at GW, which is just down the street from there. I think you know the rest...it was all downhill from there! We didn't get back home until 8PM, and I still had to make dinner! No time to chat!

The good thing is...I found some great junk!! LOL

~Sandy~

• dkline_2008
    15 years ago

I missed it completely. I usually dont check the conversation side too often but wish I had so I could participate in the chat yesterday. From now on, I"m checking over here too!! Hope you all had a wonderful visit!!
    Deb

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, shoot! I missed it too!!! I was feeling really bad about it, but I guess I'm not the only one who had a lapse in memory! Hope the rest of you had a nice chat....had WAY too much going on this week with sick family members! I've missed you guys this week!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sorry I missed ya'll. It was Hub's Birthday and our little boy (27) was here for a private dinner & cake. We watched home movies from many years ago. It was wonderful. Hope ya'll had a good chat. Wish I could have said "Hey" to Carol. susie

• cait1
    15 years ago

I chatted!! Thanks to Debby who told me the right time! HAHAHAHA Otherwise I would have missed it. The chat lasted for around an hour and 20 minutes and that was the fastest nearly hour & a half ever!
    Was just a few of us, - Debby, Kirk & Carol (with Kirk hanging over her shoulder making her mess up HAHAHA), Jeanne, Smickerdoodle, and .... HECK!! who came in kinda late?? I was getting hungry - was lunch time for me & gorgeous outside and I was hankering to play with my pot plants - I have many that need potting up and I'm looking for places to plant other ones.... anyway I was just about ready to sign off when she came on... was it you Tennessee?? Shame on me for forgetting.

Topics included:
    Snow
    Crocuses
    Bird Baths
    Looking for greening in a pine forest
    JT
    and
    Dog Poop

A great time was had by all, although without the 'preview' spelling errors abounded - especially by yours truly!! HAHAHA
    Hope to be a part of it next time and that more of you wonderful people join in!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Yes, it was me, Cait. I was busy and forgot about it until about 1hr 15min after chat had started. From past chats I knew that was about how long they last, usually 1 to 2 hrs. So regretfully, the 4 people left were ready to leave when I got there (Jeanne & Carol were already gone). You're right .... time goes very fast when chatting with GJers!

Perhaps we can do it again soon, since so many missed it. Maybe we need a phone reminder like the doctors office lol ... still wouldn't guarantee I'd remember, unless the call came in 15 min before time to chat :-)

I hope lots of people attend the next chat session, because the more the better! It's so fun!

Marlene, between healing with your knee and others being sick ... that's a lot to deal with!

Deb, you should come over here more often (the conversations side) that's where we get to know each other better!

And I really hate about missing the conversation about dog poop LOL ..... NOT!!! hehe later taters ~tenderlee

• dkline_2008
    15 years ago

I am making a point to check over here regularly now. Sounds like a great bunch of people here.
    Deb

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

it was another great time
    but sylvia was not there with me to pick on kirk
    he he
    had a great time
    debby