Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Post here when you send or receive a Spring Fling package

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

Please post here when you send or receive a 2011 Spring Fling package.

As you see below, azcactusflower is right on top of things. She's the first to send out a package.

Posted by azcactusflower ....

"Since no one else has posted, I am guessing my pkg or pkgs were the first to be sent. I sent them off today. I say pkgs BECAUSE I could not get everything into 1 lrg box so I packed 2 smaller boxes with everything. It was not that much more expensive. They are on the way to the land of 10,00 lakes, the state whose name in native american language means "water that reflects the sky". Hope my recipient enjoys and likes the things I choose to send her.

It was fun trying to find things I thought would please her.

She will probably post as soon as she receives them. What fun doing Spring Fling has been. I am ready for the next thing to participate in. What will it be?????????

Comments (38)

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yippeee! I got two packages from Arizona. Can't wait to open them. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Max

• mjowest
    13 years ago

I can't believe I got it together here, but Spring Fling Sister, you're package will be on it's way tomorrow!
    It's going somewhere WARM and sunny! and near my Mom, so wave to her when you receive it, and tell her I said hi...

Coming from a Great Lake State...

I hope you enjoy all the goodies!!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi,

I'm still working on getting my package together and hope to have it in the mail by the end of the week.

How's everyone coming on their Spring Fling packages?

Max

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

My Spring Fling package went out in today's mail...heading toward the Great Lakes, so I hope it arrives safely!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Still working on my package. Actually I'm waiting for the post office to drop off the boxes I ordered. No wonder they are loosing money, it has been 5 days and the boxes are still not here................:( I did however pick up a few great things to put in the SF box and the JG box when it gets here. :)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

azcactus received pkg. today. YIPPEE!! Will post pics. later today. Thanks mojowest

• mjowest
    13 years ago

:) it was fun!

have to tell you- forgot a note- the half beads are for putting over the spouts of tea pots, if you'd like!

• mjowest
    13 years ago

I got it, I got it!
    My package came today! It was sitting on the porch, waiting for me, when I got back from errands with the kids!
    My 11 year old DD helped me open it, and the whole family, well, maybe not the whole family watched me/her open it!
    Photos, soon!
    thank you, thank you- Marlene!!! LOveLOVELOVE it!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Happy everything made it! It was fun packing things in there...I think from the pictures you found everything!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Hi guys!!
    My SF box will be in the mail on Mon. Went to PO on Sat. and the darn thing was closed, soooo Mon. it is. I see all the wonderful things in those received boxes and I hope my box will be enjoyed as well. Couldn't write much of a note because I hurt my index finger on my right hand and boy has it hurt for days.
    Marlene I sent my recipient some of the same things you did LOL, Great mind think alike.

Hugs, Carmen

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have all my "junk" together and my mission is to get it all into one box. I'm going to have to pack it "vewy vewy cawefully." (A quote from Elmer Fudd? I have no idea why he popped into my head!) Anyway my package will soon be headed to a state thas has the bluebird as it's official bird.

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Yeeaaaa!!! My package went out this morning...follow your heart to this state and you might find somthing that belongs to Warren Beatty.

Tracking #0310 3200 0000 3653 5357 should be there no later then Thursday.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I shipped my box today, fingers crossed it arrives safely and quickly. Its got to go all the way across the country, to a person who lives on a road with a BEAUTIFUL name.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OH BOY!! My package came today!! I can't believe how many things gardencraze got in that box!! Amazing....Thanks so much Carmen...I love it all!

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Well my day started out early and with worry.DH had to go to the VA hospital and have a heart cath done.All went well no stent.Up at 5am long drive to Philly.Came home at 6pm and the mailman had put a package in our sunporch.Thank you Karen for making my day.I will post pic's in the morning.Love it all.the past two weeks have been hard.my daughters 48 yur old boyfriend had a heart attack and they fixed two with stents.Had to stop due to his attack.Was going to go in and do two more but has had a fever.They said his Chol's are wonderful,just bad family genes.Has to go back next week.Today was a good day! Thanks again Karen.Hug's Joan

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

You r very welcome Marlene :o) I had to laugh when I saw a pic of the crystals you sent to someone else I thought that so funny. LOL
    I hope nothing broke...
    Hugs,
    Carmen

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Joan, I'm glad to hear the box arrived on a day when you could use a little pick-me-up! Well actuslly it sounds like you needed a lot more than that. Tho am glad to hear DH is ok, and your DD's boyfriend is getting good care. Prayers to all.

hugs, Karen

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No fooling!

I'm off to the post office to mail my SF package to a State with a name that roughly translates from Native American folklore meaning "Father of Waters." The mockingbird is the State bird.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

It is on it's way
    mailed today
    to places far away
    nothing more to say
    but, good day

Robert

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Spring Fling package has been Flung! Northward bound it is.

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

yeaaaaaa!!!!!! I RECEIVED MY BOX TODAY froooooom, DRUM ROLL

ROBERT..... and what a box it was :o) Will post pix tomorrow Thank you Robert!!!!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

ROBERT..... and what a box it was :o) Will post pix tomorrow Thank you Robert!!!!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Can ya tell how happy I was I posted in multiple LOL
    The darn things keeps giving me the "message rejected" thing, so I keep trying to send it again ERRRRRR!!!!
    Sorry :o(

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Hey gradencraze, it is okay. You are expressing your excitement multiple times!!! What is not to be excited about. Nothing like getting your Spring Fling pkg,right????
    Can wait to see your pics.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Hope my recipient feels strong............I could hardly believe when I got that box to the PO and it weighed in at 25 pounds. I promise I didn't ship cement.....but I am wondering WHAT was so heavy. Anyway it is headed to the state of the Smokey Mountains and should arrive in 7 - 10 days.

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Old Crafty .... 25 lbs!!! That must be a record. I can't wait to see what was in the box that went to the Smokey Mountains state.

Max

• chelcass
    13 years ago

It's here, It's Here, It's here! My Spring Fling package arrived and I am so excited. Hubby is home from school today so he gets to explore all my treasures with me.........Holy cow it weights 25 lbs. Be back when I get all my treasures unwrapped............Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I received my package from DollyDee today! And what a haul it was! Thank goodness Bob was coming in the back door today since we normally use the front door while he's working on the garage so he noticed it. I would have had to smack the UPS man around if it had gotten wet. Everything came in tact. Great job packing, DollyDee! I will post pictures this weekend when I can make room somewhere to fit everything!

I'm going to blame Bob (my DH) for not getting my box out in time. He was supposed to have taken it to the post office the last two days and forgot. I'm going to put it in front of the door so he trips on it tomorrow. I'm so crippled lately that I haven't been able to do it myself so of course it isn't my fault! he-he It will be heading for the sunny southwest tomorrow!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

My Spring Fling package is finally on its way via the US Postal Service! I apologize to my recipient for getting it out so late. Or I should say, I apologize for my Bob for forgetting to take it to the post office! One good thing about procrastinating ... I was afraid the box I was using was going to be too small so I used DollyDee's box to ship it in. Hopefully everything will arrive undamaged. I just hope the wait is worth it to my recipient!

I can't wait to take pictures of the things that DollyDee sent me. They are fantastic!

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I sent my package Friday...a day late I'm afraid, but it should get there soon. I just wish I could remember if I put everything in it that I intended to. My memory has been so bad lately. Chemo brain, they call it. I think I included a card, but not sure. If somebody gets a package and doesn't know who it's from it might be me.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Sent my package out 12 days ago and the tracking number says it was delivered. Wondering what happened. Max can you check?

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I got my package laurastheme! You packed some really neat things. I LOVE the little scale.....my DH uses one just like that but much bigger to weigh his fish. The bigger ones were once used to weigh cotton that had been fresh picked from the fields. Not sure what these little ones were used for. I will have to hide it or they will get off with it for their fish! The blue and green bowl was soooo pretty....and I hate to report but what WAS a lovely plate flower and is no longer quite as lovely. The big plate was in many pieces and the PVC had come off but the small plate, bowl and marble are intact so I can fix that by replaceing the plate. I think my favorite was your unique card with the adorable pic and you, mother and brothers! as well as your book. That was so special and I feel so honored that you chose to share your writings with me. I liked everything in my box and I will post pics soon, for now just wanted to let you know I am one happy recipient!!!! :))

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I am so bummed out that I can't find my camera! DollyDee sent me such awesome things that I'd love to share with everyone. I will keep looking for it. I have the feeling it is in Bob's storage locker. I'll have to send him over there to look for it.

Laurastheme, I have a similar problem but I can't blame it on chemo! Let's hope the chemo is knocking out those cancer cells along with those memories.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Crafty - I'm happy that you received the package but SO bummed out about the flower. I thought I had it well packed. What did those USPS people do? Kick it and jump up and down on it?

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

WooHoooo!! I received my spring fling package today from kelly_oh. What a haul. Wind chimes, a package of earrings for mosaics, ceramic bees, a frog, a mushroom for me to put together (long story), a beautiful triangular glass plate with a 'stem' attached, a yellow glass vase and a purple and milk glass totem stake. I'll try to get pics posted tomorrow. Thank you Kelly.
    Laura

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Wooo Hooo Too! My spring fling box arrived today, and its from my buddy Luna here! What a surprise that was! And she filled it with goodies that I LOVE. She knows me so well. I'll get photos tomorrow. I was so excited, felt like a kid on Christmas morning! And my Spring Santa is fantastic. LOL.
    Thank you, Luna. Love you, girl.

hugs, Karen

• dollydee
    13 years ago

I'm not online much these days with the move going on, but I had to stop by for a quick looksie to see everyone's fantastic Spring Fling items!!! Lots of great goodies :)

Thanks again to Max for organizing this...loads of fun!!

Take care all & Happy Easter!!
    Dee

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville