Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
use2bcapecodr

Junking with Micki...

use2bcapecodr
15 years ago

Yesterday was so much fun!

Micki & I met at the big Salvation Army store in Ann Arbor and spent five hours together junking and/or talking. Jim came with me...he likes junk as much as I do! He headed off to the old records and the book section. It's always easy to locate him! LOL

Micky and I slowly perused the housewares department shelves...talking all the while...much to the dismay of some other people trying desperately to see what we were standing in front of. We just kept moving very slowly...blocking more stuff as we went! LOL We found some neat things to create with. Micki has already posted pictures of hers on her "Junking in Ann Arbor" thread.

The bird feeder she posted a picture of is great! We both loved it and were trying to decided which of us should take it...when we found another identical one! Someone must have put them there for us! LOL

{{gwi:126452}}

I've gotten more selective in my old age. Mostly because I already have too much stuff!!! I did find a few things I know I'll use. I'll paint this glass globe silver and put it in the garden. I already have a couple of them. Everyone thinks they're solid metal! Naturally, the little dish will be used for a flower.

{{gwi:126453}}

I was standing in the checkout line, when I spotted this shirt off in the distance. I had to have it...it's awesome...and was only 99 cents! It's a good brand and nice heavy material. I don't know if I'll wear it or make a pillow out of it. It would actually be a great pillow for my swing! Only Susiesunshine will understand the bandanna! LOL

{{gwi:126454}}

After checking out the SA store, Micki showed us two other great junking places nearby. Later, we went to McDonald's to just sit and chat over coffee. Micki is a lovely, very creative woman. Jim and I like her very much and really enjoyed our afternoon with her.

The fact Micki and I both have been divorced, single mothers (Myself a long time ago!) and the mothers of twin daughters gave us even more to talk about.

I look forward to Micki coming for a visit and going junking with me. We have a lot of great thrift stores around here!

I sincerely hope more of us get to meet someday. It's such a great experience!!

~Sandy~

Comments (15)

• use2bcapecodr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well...for heaven's sake...I forgot to post one my pictures. I have a ton of pictures of Micki and me together. Ha...I didn't realize I was so much taller than she is! Must be my heels and really high hair! LOL
    {{gwi:126455}}

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

~ * L @ @ K ~ * OUT ~ ~ H O L L Y ~ W O O D ~ ! ! ! !
    Here they C O OOOOOOOOOOOOME ! ! ! ! !
    Now that is what a call
    # 1 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT L@@KING JUNKERS ! ! ! !
    Grinning from Ear ~ 2 ~ Ear !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics !!!!!
    I just KNOW that you 2 gals... had a ~BLAST~ ! ! !
    & Grumpy.............
    well.............that is 1 LUCKY ~ DUDE! ! ! !
    and
    you know... I sure wish I had a
    GOOD~L@@KING Chauffeur like him !!!!
    he's not so hard on the eyes ... either !!!!
    woooooo wooooo ! ! ! !

Now... ALso...
    that Blue BOTTLE.....
    One question 1 ?
    One............ did Ya'll D R I N K ...
    the contents... B 4 or after... tee hee............
    Always...
    plea...the 5th.... or... was that
    drink the 5th.... OH WELL........ at least
    you got the B E A U T I F U L ~~~ BLUE BOTTLE ~~ !!!

& that SHIRT>>>>>>>>>>>>> to die for.......
    Man that was 1 dollar.... $
    1 $................... W O W !!!!!!!!
    Love it.... it L@@Ks just like (((YOU )))

glad you got it...
    and
    NOW>>>>>>>>>>> THAT BANDANNA !!!!!!!!!!
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ! ! !

It is SPECIAL ! ! ! !

**** Yes I understand !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta have'em !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us all be included in
    the " E X T R A ~ S P E C I A L ~ DAY that
    you and the Doole had TOGETHER ! ! ! ! "
    It was like being there.... and
    it thrilled my soul for ya'll to gettogether !!!!! & share with us !!!!

* + + * I'll bet the people in that
    Store.... Thought You 2 were Filming a Movie... I bet they wanted to get CLOSE to
    you 2 Hoping ya'lls E * N * E * R * G * Y ~~~
    would rub off on them....
    ~ C ~ A ~ T ~ C ~ H ~ * ~ THE ~ W ~ A ~ V ~ E ! ! ! ~ ~ ~

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** KISS THE CHAUFFEUR 2 ! ! ! !

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Ooops...........
    Forgot ... I like the other goodies... 2
    The Little Woman... is out of this world...
    and
    * * * & I * * K N O W ~ who put those
    2 there... 4 you 2.... Cause God Love the
    G A R D E N ~ JUNKERS ! ! ! W O W That
    was even " SUPER DUPER EXTRA SPECIAL ! ! ! "

you will sure have fun... fixing up the Globe thingy... I can't wait to see them in your
    yard....
    W O W ~ ~ ~
    & that blue shirt... with the birdies...
    and
    the dock.... I just know that is
    Your Lovely.... CAPE COD ! ! !

God Is G O O D ~ ~ ~ ALL THE TIME>>>

A L L the TIME ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * GOD * IS G O O D ! ! !

God Bless ALL YA'LLS Little Hearts !
    SusieSunshine

* * * Proud to be yur friend.. & Fella GJ'er ! ! !

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! (to what susiesunshine said!)
    I used to have that painting (on your tee) and gave it to my grandson...who had NO art...a beautiful painting!) Good to hear about your FUN! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I love the bird feeder! How wonderful that you both were able to get it! Must have been fate. One of these days I'll have to get together with some fellow junkers. Especially toomuchglass who lives across town from me. Susiesunshine, I don't think you are too far away either. When the weather is nice, I do love go to for my long drives! Halley_rose lives way across the state from me but how knows? I might get up to the Eau Claire or Twin Cities area sometime and could meet her somewhere.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What a super haul on stuff. How incredible you and Micki were meant to have those unique birdfeeders! The Garden Junk Gods are good. LOL.
    I love the painting on that tee shirt, it would make a beautiful pillow too. (I even FRAMED a tee shirt painting once, just folded the shirt around a piece of art canvas and no one ever knew it wasn't an oil painting. LOL)

You and Micki have so much in common. Isn't it cool how many of us on here find that often with each other? Its like we were MEANT to come together as a long lost 'family' sometimes.
    Here's to many more days of you two getting to shop together. AND LUNA, you getting to meet up with some of the gals too. Kay-Luvs is the only one "close" to me and she's not that close. sigh. I keep hoping a GJer from Phoenix will join us here someday.

Doing the Happy Dance for all of you!!!

{{gwi:77274}}

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sandy,
    I am so glad that you and Jim had as much fun as I did. It was great fun and we all found some great junk to bring home with us.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Ditto what everybody else said plus I'm jealous!!!! LOL Having admitted that, tell us about how you paint those glass globes. What kind of paint, what color, how do you display them, ect.

Tickled that ya'll had such a lovely day!!! Susie

• use2bcapecodr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, I used Krylon's Nickel Shimmer. It gives them a pewter look. Then I just put them in some kind of metal basket or holder that sits low to the ground, so you can't see the opening at the bottom of the glass. People keep asking me where I found them, and it tickles my funny bone. No one knows they're glass!

During the winter, I put clear glass globes that have a ripple design in the glass in the garden. They look like balls of ice!

Micki, the funny thing is...Jim found more things than I did! LOL We're going to have to add a room soon to accommodate his records, tapes, CDs and books!!

~Sandy~

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I'm so glad that you two got together and all the fun you had! It's a true blessing to meet in person those who share a common interest.
    Vickie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

What a great day for both (all three) of you! So happy that you got to meet and share a junking day! And, I have that same exact bird feeder! And you found a lot of great stuff!!

• daisydal
    15 years ago

How sweet you two look together grinning from ear to ear!!!
    I am so happy for you to finally meet up and have a great junk-tastic day together. Just goes to show ya how it was meant to be when you BOTH found the birdfeeders!! I love what Karen said, "The Garden Junk Gods!!LOL!! It just reminds me of how special our little GJ family is here, and each of you must know how much of a blessing you are to others!! Wouldn't it be great if we could all get together! Can't you just see us all converging on a SA or GW store together!! Major chaos with non-stop talking!!
    blessings-sherri

• kirkus
    15 years ago

WOW! I just love this story! I am sooo glad the two of you met! I felt like I was there as you told the story! It's fun hearing both of you share in the 2 different threads! You found some GREAT treasures too! I love that birdfeeder! Sounds like the two of you are "kindred spirits" as Anne of Green Gables would say! Next time, Carol and I are coming with you!!!! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh, I wish a bunch of us could meet up for a big junkin' fun day! What fun, Sandy, Jim and Micki!? ~tenderlee

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

That's so great the two of you could meet and have some great fun finding treasures! Loved reading about how you both have so much in common, especially both having twin girls! I know you probably felt like you already "knew" each other, that's how I felt when I met Karen aka Purplemoon--kindred spirits! ;o) Luvs

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions