Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

The best get together ever --

toomuchglass
13 years ago

I thought I'd tell you the story of how 10 strangers from the internet met and took a trip together . This was so cool .One lady set it all up . 10 of us that chatted on various stained glass forums decided to get together . Some people were from New York - a couple from California - a few midwesterners . Most of us met at one lady's house as a strating point. We had a suburban with a trailer .Talk about looking like a van full of gypsies !! LOL It was so exciting to meet in person and talk. I don;t think there was ever a silent moment in that truck ! We drove to a hotel- and unloaded our stuff. We had a larger room rented - besides our sleeping rooms. In that large room -- we all took out our stuff and demonstrated our crafts to each other. THere were stained glass artists , wire wrapping jewelry , you name it . I can't even tell you how awesome it was . Between playing with our glass - we took winery tours - we went to some factories that actually MADE the glass . We got to shop in their warehouses ( Thats why we had a trailer ) Some of the glass shops even put out a whole lunch for us ! Our trip took us through a couple states . The day before it was time to . leave - we had a banquet room rented at a fancy restaurant - they even had a sign on the marquee - "Welcome stained glass artists" !! I swear - that was the best time I ever had with "the girls" .

Can you imagine a group of Garden Junk people bringing a bunch of doo-dads to exchange and play with ? It's an cool dream !

Comments (3)