Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Wisconsinites want mosaic class?

concretenprimroses
13 years ago

This is totally out of the sky, but I was just looking at the website of Wouterina Rianna de Raad. (link below) She is the artist that some of the folks at the stained glass and mosaic forum have gone to a class in Puerta Vallarta Mexico to learn from. I don't think I can do a week in Mexico, but I might be able to manage a weekend in Wisconsin! Especially if dh and I can make a detour on a vacation or if I started or ended a vaca there, joining him after or before.

ANyway, it would be a lot of fun to do with one (or more)of my buddies from here. Anyone interested? I don't know about the ones at her studio, but the ones that she does at other venues are $180 for 2 days. I would love to see her garden with sculpture, plus I have the basics of mosaic, so I'm more interested in making sculptures out of wire and concrete that you then mosaic, and learning what will last outside in the winter.

I noticed that she has these dates for workshops at her home studio this year.

June 4th - 5th

June 11th - 12th

September 10th - 11th

September 17th - 18th

Home Studio, Beldenville, WI Additional Information: 715-273-5959

Is Beldenville anywhere near anyone? Is anyone interested?

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Wouterina Riana de Raad

Comments (5)

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I never heard of Beldenville Wisconsin. It's probably some little burg. I would love a class !!! I did this with a group of gals that worked with glass. We didn't oficially "go " to a class - but we all met and we all had our specialty -- and we taught each other . It was the best time of my life.
    **And we were all strangers that met online ** I wish something like this would happen again . Input please ????

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So are you suggesting that concreters/ mosaicers get together instead? Its true we could get a lot of materials for the price of a class.

It looks like Beldenville is very close to the border with MN, east of Minneapolis between Rt 94 and Rt 10, near Ellsworth, River Falls and Martell. I wish I'd known when we drove from NH to Minneapolis for a wedding some years ago. I would have loved to visit her garden.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I don't have anything about a class except to say that anyone going to Mexico for a class is crazy. The murders down there are unbelievable, sometimes 19 to 21 people killed in a weekend. Quite a number of Americans. Major drug wars down there & my Mexican friends won't go home to visit!! It's all over Mexico & they warn you at the border also. 1 lady wanted a bowl to match rest of her dishes that she had gotten from just over the bridge from her El Paso home she was shot dead in the street. That was year or more ago & when I 1st noticed it. Now they are worse & killing tourist along with police & rival drug members.Missionaries are told to stay out also. Wis. is good!! Much safer & have fun!! Jan

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

I've never heard of Beldenville, but when I looked it up on Mapquest it appears to be about 65 miles from me. I live in Champlin, MN .......Hmmm.

Max

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I am always looking for craft classes in Wisconsin! I never heard of this woman but her stuff looks fun. TMG, Beldenville is over near the "west coast" of Wisconsin. It looks like it isn't all that far from Eau Claire. I looked it up on Google Maps and it is about 295 miles from Milwaukee. The nearby hotels are in River Falls. I will have to ask a friend if she would be interested in something like this.

The mosaic classes are $155 plus $20 for materials. The workshops are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

This sounds like fun!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting