Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Spring Fling names are out

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

Please check your email if you signed up for the 2011 Spring Fling. Earlier today I sent out the Spring Fling names, addresses, interest lists, and a checklist.

I hope I got everything right. It's all sooooo confusing. I think I'll go lay down for awhile. LOL

Happy Junking,

Max

Comments (12)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

THANKS, Max. I am sure ALL of us are off to do some happy junk hunting for our Spring Fling friends. You did a great job of getting all of us on the right path. Your instructions were very clear. Thanks for taking on the task, we really appreciate it. This is SOOOOOO much fun!!!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

I agree with azcactusflwer, you did a great job I haven't done an exchange in a while, I ssoo cited :o)
    This the begining of my many exchanges WOOOOHOOOOOO

i supose we can't send plants or anything live or I'm I wrong?? I have a bad hibit of realy loading my box hehehehe

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Did we agree on a size for the box??? I might have missed that. It be nice for all to do the same size box so nobody feels cheated.
    Thanx
    Carmen

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

gardencraze,

I don't know of any rule that says you can't send a plant. Would it survive the trip? I've never seen a plant posted on a GJ exchange. Hmmmm... What do others think?

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

gardencraze,

I went back and looked at the guidelines originally posted. We agreed that people should not spend more than $15 on garden junk stuff. It can either be something that you've made or garden junk you think your recipient would enjoy. No mention of box size. Hope this helps.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I am going to use the large size flat-rate box from the p.o. Shipping is $14 something. I am going to include some seeds that I hope my recipient can grow in their area. I think a plant might last if packed correctly and depending on how far away from you your recipient lived. I know bulbs would ship nicely. You might ask the p.o. how to do it, the fastest, easiest and not the most costly way. I also like to LOAD that box UP. That is the fun part, to see HOW MUCH I can get into that box!!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Yeah! A reason to go junking! lol! This should be fun! Thanks agirlnamedmax for organizing this!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are all very welcome. Since I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie, this was a great way to get involved and learn more about the GJers on this forum.

I'm also going to use one of the USPS flat rate boxes. As everyone probably knows the box is free. Just pick one up and pack it up! I don't think it matters how much it weighs but I think I'll have USPS weigh it just for fun.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Yes, Thanks Max!! I've been trying to figure out how many of my recipient's "likes" I already have in my stash and what else I can look for....it's a great excuse for more treasure shopping!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

I had alot of what my pal wants but darn I went shopping anyway LOL I'm almost done with my box will mailing soon.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Just a reminder.......Postage goes up April 17th. 1st. class stays the same but extra ounces, postcards and boxes are going up. Sigh!!!!!

• LindaArb
    13 years ago

This sounds sooo exciting, is it too late to sign-up?
    I just discovered that you can switch between "topic" & "conversation"!
    Linda :)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner