Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Surgery Update

Marlene Kindred
15 years ago

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for remembering me and for keeping me in your prayers! I have needed them! The surgery went well, however, I think the doctor exaggerated a bit with his "you'll be up and around in a day or two." I was able to walk out of the hospital, but I needed two people to help me do it. And, I have been using a walker to help me get around since I've been home. But, I'll take that over crutches any day! My knee is doing pretty well I guess. Took the dressing off today and there is no bruising that I can see. My knee looks like a very fat baby face with my stitches being the eyes! I will be home all week with my leg propped up, but at this point, I can see that is definitely necessary! Again, thanks for keeping me in your prayers...I still have a ways to go before I'll be running any marathons! Hahahaha! Me...in a marathon....in a pig's eye!

Comments (10)

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

marlene
    you just take it easy.
    or we will come getta
    debby

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope the pain isn't too awful. Did you get a knee replacement? I see you mentioned stitches, so it sounded like more than getting your knee "scoped".
    Heck with a marathon, you just need to be able to KNEEL in the garden. LOL. AND be able to stand back up!
    I find both those things an interesting 'challenge' these days.

{{gwi:76417}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Huhray!!!!! Glad it is over!!!! Susie

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Hi Marlene
    Don't those docs exagerate but I am glad you had it done because knee pain is sometimes unbearable. Yes keep that knee up with ice on it. Will you be getting therapy?

Sylvia

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Marlene I am so glad you came through the surgery ok. I think when the doctor says you will be up and around in a day or two, they mean something completely than what we do when we say it. They mean that they are going to make you get up and get to the bathroom or down the hall with a lot of help...we mean that we are going to be out digging in the garden...my doctor keeps telling me that I need to be doing less!

Sylvia- It is so good to see you posting again! We have all missed you so much!

~Micki~

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Glad you are o.k. Just take it slow(-:

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad the surgery is over & you are home!! At least you can get some sleep there!! It shouldn't be too bad just watch for swelling or redness (call dr. if that happens) Don't sit for hours tho as the kneecap can freeze up which is funny term as it gets "loose" & you can move it all over. DS had broken femur & he just wanted to stay in bed all morning, I let him. Big mistake, loose kneecap & you don't even want to know how painful the remedy is, they strap you into something looks like stocks almost & machine does the work -not a pretty sight. So get up every couple of hours! Bright side is it's almost spring so you will soon want to go check out the garden!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't have a knee replacement, I had torn cartilage removed from my knee with a scope. The knee is better every day...by last night I could get around pretty well and it didn't hurt, but of course, by morning it's stiff again. I try to get up and move around a lot...can't sit still for long. And Karen...YOU can actually kneel in the garden?! I haven't done that in years...for everyone who comes to my house while I'm gardening...they will find my big behind up in the air as I bend over to weed! Never been a big kneeler...even when I was young!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I, too, bend over to weed!
    But I kneel a lot also, when I work in one spot.
    I am thankful that you are doing better every day.
    Prayers!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

LOL at the "big behind up in the air" in the garden! That's were mine can be found!! I've never had an easy time kneeling, but since my knee surgery a couple of years ago, I can't kneel at all anymore. My surgery was for a torn medial meniscus, a torn lateral meniscus and severe arthritis damage under my kneecap. I was sent for physical therapy, where they made me do things they never should have had me do so soon after such extensive surgery, and it really messed me up! When they sent me the bill, I refused to pay it and told them they were lucky I didn't sue them! That was the last I heard from them! LOL

I can't sit and bend to work either, because both hips are bad, so my behind can often be seen sticking out of the garden! Maybe I should paint a big flower on the seat of my jeans! LOL

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

~Sandy~

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor