Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azcactusflower

Junk Train and Campbell in Arizona (lots of pics)

azcactusflower
13 years ago

Finally got all my pics loaded and decideded today was a good day to share them. Hope you enjoy them. I certainly had fun with Campbell.

{{gwi:126510}}

Here is Choo Choo Teddy waiting patiently for me to come back from the post office. He was determined that he was going to open the pkg. and let Campbell out!

{{gwi:126511}}

Choo Choo was trying hard to open the pkg. because he could hear Campbell yelling,"HURRY UP! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!"

{{gwi:126512}}

Teddy is trying to help Campbell out of the box!I could hear Campbell grumbling, "I CAN DO IT MYSELF! GET OUT OF THE WAY! I NEED O-U-T OF HERE!!!

{{gwi:126513}}

Campbell gave a giant leap and knocked poor Choo Choo flat on his back!He looked at me and said,"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO GO GET ME? CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW CRAMPED I WAS IN THT BOX??? I THOUGHT YOU HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT ME!!" I apologized humbly and profusely and he grinned and forgave me.Just can't help but love that Campbell!

{{gwi:126514}}

Choo Choo was so glad to see him. He gave Campbell his very own engineers hat. Campbell was all smiles. He likes that hat!

{{gwi:126515}}

ALL this stuff was in the box! It was really well packed and nothing was broken. It was very, very heavy! The lady at the post office commented, "Wow, this thing is really heavy!"

{{gwi:126516}}

These are the things I choose to keep. Several pretty plates, some metal, colored thingies for a windchime, some black doorknobs for decorating a birdhouse. Some beautiful tiles, two purple little vases, a metal leaf, a big spoon, several glass candleholders for plate flowers and a mini water can,I forgot to put in the pic.Nice things. Thanks Kirkus and Carol

{{gwi:126517}}

Here are the two in my gazebo in the front yard. Miss Bluebird is between them. They sat there and watched the cars go by for a while.

{{gwi:126518}}

Here the both of them are sitting on my birdhouse also in my front yard. The wind was blowing and you can see Campbell holding on for dear life!

{{gwi:126519}}

Choo Choo aske him if he wanted to see some REAL birds. Campbell was excited! I told them they had to sit very quietly and not scare the mother dove cause she had a baby!! She didn't let us have a peek at it.

{{gwi:126520}}

They were both sooooo good an dsat very quietly, You can see the papa dove keeping a watchful eye on them.

{{gwi:126521}}

These are the only flowers around right now. They are in my fountain in the backyard. Campbell thought he was hiding behindthe fern!! "No way, I can see you!"

{{gwi:126522}}

They thought it would be fun to swing on my chandi. My work in progress. The wind was blowing so it swung them back and forth. They loved it!

{{gwi:126523}}

Teddy though Campbell would enjoy sitting on my big yellow mushroom. He looke so cute sitting there! I like rocks and you can see my big pink rock heart and my other rocks. Teddy was trying so hard to be a good host and show Campbell a good time.

{{gwi:126524}}

Campbell had two requests. He wanted to see the cactus blooms and he wanted to wear a Mexican sombrero. I told him it was too early for cactus blooms, so I did the best I could and Choo Choo loaned him his sombrero. OLE Senor Campbell!

{{gwi:126525}}

We did have one little romantic moment!! Miss Bea was very interested in Campbell. She said,"My but you are a very handsome frog!! Are you a prince? Campbell was blushing all over the place, but he managed to answer her. "NO, I'm just plain ole Campbell!! I get to ride in the Junk Train all over and visit with people in different states and make lots of new friends."

{{gwi:126526}}

My DH and I took them out to the lake. Campbell was beside himself with excitement. Kept asking, "Can I go in and swim" Can I P-Lease!!! I told him "NO, it's too cold. Besides yu have to leave in the Junk Train today!!!" He just gave me a sly smile (hmmmm)!!!

{{gwi:126527}}

That Campbell is a RASCAL!!! He tried to leap in and Teddy caught him JUST in time!!! WOW was I glad, that was a big, deep lake for a litle frog. Campbell giggled and said, !JUST KIDDING!!!" We had fun and just enjoyed the view after that.

{{gwi:126528}}

It was time to get Campbell ready to leave. Choo Choo is tugging on Campbell as he tries to climb back in the Junk Train to continue his adventures. "Please don't go. Not yet. Stay longer!" begged Teddy.

{{gwi:126529}}

Teddy is determined to keep Campbell here and won't let go!! BUT Campbell succeeds in settling himself in very nicely. He tells Choo Choo, "Watch for me on the Garden Junk Forum. Look for me on the Junk Train! It was a lot of fun Choo Choo, but i have to go. BYE!!"

{{gwi:126530}}

Choo Choo hugs the box and won't let go! He hates to see his buddy leave. "It's nice and cozy in here. Can't wait to see wher I go next. See you!" yells Campbell from inside the box. He was ready to go!!!

{{gwi:126531}}

Poor, sad Choo Choo, he sat and pouted as he held his buddy's picture. "Sure am gonna miss that ole Campbell. He was sure a lot of fun!!"

Well that is the end of Campbell's saga in Pima, Arizona. We miss him, but know he is going to have many more exciting adventures.

Hope all of you enjoy the pics!! LOL

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well, it sounds as though Campbell had a great time at your house! So many adventures! Love you bird chandi too and you found lots of cool treasures in the junk train. Thanks for sharing your visit with us! And give Choo Choo teddy an extra hug for being such a great host!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

azcactusflower....ENJOYED visiting with Campbell & ChooChoo at your pretty place in AZ! TOO FUNNY!!! You did a great job of entertaining & I fell in love w/ChooChoo, too! And having them "outside" was really a visual booster!

Looks like you got some great "freight" from the train...not only from Kirk & Carol but from the former 2 stations! Those door knobs will be wonderful on a birdhse or any ol' wood! And lots of beauties for your pretty plate flowers/totems! Good narrative, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How fun! And it looks like you got some wonderful things too. I can't wait to see Campbell's next adventure. I sure wish I could have gotten in on the Junk Train this year but our computer wasn't hooked up. :^( So I'll just have to enjoy it from afar.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I felt like I was reading a chidlren's book while reading this darling post. What an adventure for the boys and it looks like you made out pretty good, also. We are going to be hard pressed to entertain Campbell in the manner that he's enjoyed so far.
    Frou

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

What a great story and wonderful photos.
    Choo-choo is a charming host, I'm sure Campbell loved wearing the hats. He does like sombreros and you had a fancy one for him to model! Looks like he had a great time with all of you. Tell Choo-choo thanks from me and JT for taking care of the little red guy! He's only a hop, skip and a jump from his next stop.
    I'm glad you found some goodies in the box too.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Awww. Thanks for journaling Campbell's visit. I can't wait to meet him.

Max

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Wonderful pictures.Enjoyed seeing Campbell's adventure's at your station.Thanks for sharing your fun!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

azcactusflower...you may want to link this post up on the original (like Kirk did) ...so neither get "off-track" & lost on "down the line."

If you haven't done it before, it's easy...right click & highlight & copy the http:// address above (while you have your thread open here) then go to the post "Junk Train 2011 has left the station" (nmgirl's original post)... right click & paste in the "Optional Link URL" ...& fill out the "name of the Link" box, need both for it to work.

(if you already know all of this, forgive my rattling...Jeanne S.)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

It worked, azcactus! You did it! I clicked on your link on the "JT 2011 has left..." post & here's your thread! Good going! Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Hey, you took almost everything we put on the Junk Train! :o) Glad you took that silver candle snifter! It was a thrift store find! LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!!!! Campbell is a hoot! Being bear lovers, we love Choo Choo too!!!! My Dad worked for the railroad! Thanks for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor