Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Wedding Pictures

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

You didn't open this thread to actually view my wedding pictures did you? Because you can't! Why? Because I don't have any! Bob's sister took a few dozen pictures at our wedding. In fact, she is the only one who took pictures except for a video that Bob's brother took. She took pictures during the ceremony. She took a picture of us feeding each other cake. She took pictures of us toasting champagne. She took pictures of everyone signing the marriage certificate. She took a picture of my "fake" wedding ring. She even took a picture of the family when we were eating out. And she lost them all!

Her and her boyfriend are sailing around the world. He sold his business and they bought a sailboat and travel where it is warm. She came back home when her father died in November and since they were settling their dad's estate, she stayed in town and happen to be here when we got married. She offered to be the photographer, which I thought was a great idea since my sister and Bob's friend were our witnesses and Bob's brother was doing a video.

When I asked her about the pictures, she responded that she hoped they were on her boyfriend's sister's computer because she didn't save them on her portable hard drive or her camera(she was in Maine at the time visiting her one son and then was going to Florida to visit another before joining her BF on the boat). When Bob asked her a few days later if they were on the BF's sister's computer, she said they couldn't find them.

Am I being petty for being angry that she wasn't more careful with the pictures? I can't believe she was so careless and doesn't seem to think it is big deal. I know my wedding was small but it was still very important to me. I would have liked something to remember it by instead of the incredibly unflattering video that Bob's brother took of my backside. If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have bothered putting on makeup.

Are there any shoulders here for me to cry on?

Comments (20)

• beck_wi
    14 years ago

Oh honey... I feel so bad for you. I wish there were words to help you feel better.

I know its a small hope but maybe someday she'll find them.

Is it a digital video? You can load those in your computer and take snapshots from it. Not the ideal situation, but its better than nothing.

If I were you, I'd call her and lose my temper...as a bride you are entitled to at least one outburst.
    Perhaps yelling will make her think a bit harder about where she put them. Unless she deleted them, they have to be SOMEwhere.

good luck.

I'll go work on my time machine so I can go back in time and take other pictures for you.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh Kathy, that is heart-breaking. I'll hold her down while you beat the crap out of her if you want! I'm furious about her 'attitude', it really stinks!

I hope you can get pictures off the video, or thru her someday somehow.

hugs from the heart,
    Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

What a bummer! Did anyone else have a camera? Your sister or Bob's friend, anyone else there? Ask everyone that was there, maybe someone took some you don't know about, that was how I got my colored ones. Since she is chasing all over with her BF that means she isn't married yet, ask her if she plans on having a wedding photographer! Ask how she would feel if guy/gal "lost all the pics" no big deal when it's her wedding???? I bet she would hit the roof!! I had black & white pics taken as all we could afford but they said we could get them colored any time in 5 years. We went back & they had"lost" them so all we have in color is couple of little snapshots someone took & was kind enough to give us. 1 of cake with lavender flowers & lt. green leaves & 1 of us & his bro & 1 bridesmaid so at least you could see color of their dresses & my flowers. I was sick that I couldn't get even get 1 8x10 in color but it wasn't to be. I can't imagine not having any, how heartbreaking hope some can be found. Jan

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

That is horrible. One of my friends thought she had deleted all her pics on her camera card and she took it to our local computer/camera guru and he was able to recover over 500 pics for her. So it might be worth a try if you can get the card/camera from her.
    Syble

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Oh Kathy I'm so sorry to hear that.I can only image how you feel.I'd be mad.I guess not all of us come right home and download our pictures and then back it up yo a disc.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry about your wedding pictures Kathy....I'll help Karen hold her down for you...I'll even throw in an extra punch or two if you'd like!

• beck_wi
    14 years ago

See !?! Somebody should have crashed!

Let this be a lesson to all of us. When one of us has a big event, and they are in the same city as you, crash the party!!

I should have been the one person that you both didn't know, snapping pictures in the back.

• delta9dave
    14 years ago

Congrats on getting married. You still have your memories.

When I got married my wife's uncle offered to do the video taping. He forgot to take the lens cap off. You just can't trust relatives.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I gave my granddaughter a huge 8th birthday party. I wont go into detail but rented building, 1950's themed outfits, etc. etc. etc. I took all kinds of pictures and found out that my film was not advancing the entire time. AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! I'm wondering if the SIL just took all lousey blurred pics and could not bare to admit it to you. How could it be that she does not remember where she downloaded the pics? Another idea is that she hit the delete feature instead of the upload. She might be acting vaugue because she doesn't have the self esteem to admit that she or her boyfriend screwed up. It sounds like she is disassociating because she cant cope with the embarrassment of such an action. Maybe it is not being flipant but evasive of her responsibility to be forthright. People can be complicated. If everyone could just be forthright the world could be so much better.

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

Oh Luna that's too bad.
    It really does sound like she's being vague about it. Surely she knows what she did with them. Maybe they loaded to a different program she's not familiar with and the boyfriends sister will eventually find them or like Beck said maybe you can get some stills off the video. I've even taken pictures of the TV screen in pause mode of an old VCR tape to get some pictures off of it.
    I do hope something works out for you, but sometimes things happen and there's nothing you can do. Why don't you and Bob go have a picture done. Even if it's just at WalMart. It won't be the exact day, but it's close and it could be your "Wedding Picture".
    Good luck and Congratulations to the both of you!!! Donna

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I agree with Donna. Get all dolled up again and get some new pictures. Even tho its not "the day" it is close, and you will treasure them down the road. Maybe your sister and Bob's friend would be willing to wear the same outfits as on the wedding day and you could have a pic taken with them as well.
    And yes, you certainly have a right to be upset!
    Congratulations again on your marriage and best wishes!
    Kathy

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Kathy I am so sorry your pictures are in limbo somewhere I do hope they show up. But I like the idea of dressing up again and have your picture taken. Our niece had a huge wedding fancy fancy the photographer she hired messed up all the pictures so she has no photos either. When my daughter got married the photographer was late, but I had bought those throw away cameras at each table with a note asking the guests to take pictures of their table and of bride and groom when they came to their table. The good news is that the photographer got there! Hurray and to make up for being late he stayed through the entire wedding so we have lots of memories. But let me tell you I was really stressed out!

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My sister did take a few pictures (thank God!) so I have a few along with the very unflattering video. lol This is the one somewhat flattering picture of the two of us. We are hoping to have a celebration this summer so hopefully we will have a better photographer at that event!

Thank you all for being so sympathetic. Our wedding was rather rushed (someone would have thought I was pregnant with the speed we threw it together lol) but it still meant so much to me. It would have been nice to have some nice closeup pictures of the two of us together.

I think the next time we have pictures taken, I'll take them myself. I always take the best pictures of myself. he-he

{{gwi:126534}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Kathy, hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist playing in Photobucket to see if this could be enhanced a bit.
    See if you like this

{{gwi:126535}}

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

That looks great purplemoon!! Kathy & Bob look very much in love, what a nice pic. Now if you could blow it up to 8x10 & copy it off on photo paper they would have 1 lovely wedding pic!! Well, I can dream for them,can't I!! Glad you found out there where a few, Kathy!! Jan

• nonacook
    14 years ago

It's great to see at least one!!!!
    I am glad that you did have a few.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Glad to see one at least, Kathy!

Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen sent me that picture that she prettied up. Thank you Karen for such a lovely wedding gift! I'm hoping that Bob and I can reenact are wedding this summer and get some better pictures but yours will definitely be cherished! Thank you again!

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

oh,my. that hurts i know. but this photo is beautiful! and you can remember the day :D congratulations newlyweds!
    kudzu

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, Thanks for giving them the pretty pic!! Nice to have 1 that people can see when they come over. Plus the nice memories of that day every time they walk by it. Enjoy Kathy & Bob! GJ folks are so thoughtful! Jan