Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Flooding Around Our Home

kudzukween
15 years ago

we're safe; high and dry, but Twin and I took some photos and remembered the 100-year-flood, so I have a funny(to me,yes, hilarious, and you just had to be there!) story to tell you about a mean woman and a nervous cow and the local tv news crews rolling that beautiful footage..God Bless America :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (5)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Glad your safe, high and dry! Been watching the news coverage of your area and also Fargo, ND. Hope things continue to improve and not get any worse.

Laughed my butt off reading the story of CB .... what a hoot that must have been! chuckle chuckle chuckle snort snort :-)

~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

kudzu!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Great story! susie

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

ROFLMAO.......fUNNNEE Story! 20 years ago we had our own flood. Our place was up on a plateau at that time well anyways I had gone down the hill to see how my mom was doing, she was ok, but when I attempted to go back the creek that runs through our little valley was flooded and I couldn't get back home. A truck with those big wheels tried to cross and he got carried away by the running current, scary, so I spent the next three days with my mom and my DF and DD were stuck at home too.

We moved from that property and now we live in a house a block from the creek and when we get a heavy rain our one acre has some flooding, but never has come into the house, but the good news is that we get a lot of water from our well.

I love wisteria when we bought this place the wisteria had taken over the back patios and house roof so my DH cut it all back and built me an arbor and now it grows over that but my DH has to trim all the time.

Love your web page and that country music my favorites are Dolly, Patsy Cline, Shaina Twain and now Rascal Flatts and Kenney Chesney. My husbands favorite is Johnny Cash.

Sylvia

• nonacook
    15 years ago

We had lots of rain too, 6 inches on Friday, and some of the downtown streets and along the rivers were flooded.It's sandy where I live so it really has to rain a LOT for my lower garden corner to flood, but it does sometimes. My white wisteria is blooming, and the last couple of years I have NOT kept it cut back and was surprised to see where some of the blooms are-LOL. My purple one is growing up a live oak tree-one that I don't care if it overgrows it. Lots of vines may keep a hurricane from blowing the limbs down....

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the river rose a couple more feet but we stayed home this time, and the sun came out. I didn't even go look for a rainbow, I went back to bed,lol. I might take grandson out in the backyard where it flooded, and look for crawfish. Our luck we'd prolly only find snakes :D Oh, but we did find a lot of fire ants yesterday, I should have been paying attention, anytime they get that close to the house,or even come inside, that's a pretty good sign of flood or heavy rains. So I took a box of grits out and let my grandson sprinkle some nests...doesn't hurt to try anything to see if it works,lol...

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville