Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I'm home *and* really sore !

toomuchglass
13 years ago

I'm sorry , I should have written sooner . I got home Thursday night . The first couple days at home are overwhelming -- just sitting up wore me out !!! I've graduated from the walker to the cane . I look pretty much normal now ! LOL PT isn't all that bad . I will say -- emphatically - thank god for pain pills !!! Yes Yes Yes .. the inventor of Vicodin desreves the Nobel Prize.

It does have it's side effects though - for me -it's talking in my sleep .The first night in the hospital I kept waking up at all times and started talking to the curtain beside my bed . LOL We made friends - he was a good listener !

My first night home I took Vicodin & went to bed while DH stayed up to watch tv. He told me I was chattering away in there by myself . I was probably telling my wall how yakky the curtains were at he hospital ~ LOL Last night he said I said very loudly - " you're full of $h!t !!"

Holy cow !!! LOL

I am getting better - I hope this pain will be a distant memory soon. I might have to ask my doc if I can keep my staples -- good "funky junk" !!! LOL

Thanks for all your wishes & thoughts !

Kathy

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good to hear from you, 2much! Keep up the good work & go ahead & talk to yourself (or the curtains) ...just don't start answering yourself...at least that's what my Dad used to say ... & then roll his eyes!

Hope you're back to par soon! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Mom took Demerol I think it was called or maybe Davronet? anyway she was folding clothes, trying to get out of hospital bed, ironing,cooking, I told the nurses she was exhausting herself(& me, I was trying to sleep in chair next to bed, I was sure she was going to take a nosedive onto the floor)the drug has been banned from the hospital(too many people did fall out I imagine)Lucky for mom she doesn't remember a thing. Glad you are using a cane already. That's a very good sign. If you ever watched the operation you would know why you are sore!!! Just don't get hooked on Vicodin! My neighbor was. It will get easier every day- keep moving tho. DD had slept all night & wanted to "sleep in" I took him breakfast in bed & he went back to sleep & woke up shortly before noon with kneecap froze(which means you can move it all over the place) Move,move, move no pain no gain!!Also watch yourself moving in a mirror so you don't start "limping" or get a crazy gait, most people don't have a problem, & stand up straight , this is your mom speaking!!LOL (I know I mentioned this before but now you are on meds so might have forgotten)It will soon be a memory & get those seed books out & dream about spring! It's coming soon, my daffodils, Azalea,& Freesia are blooming now. Jan

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

I am glad you are home and on your way to recovery. I think it is very funny you are talking in your sleep. Your husband probably will not let you forget that. I have had knee replacement so I know from experience that you get along best if you follow all the instructions in your therapy. So glad to hear from you. - Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Oh lordy! I have taken vicodin and percocet at work and still functioned. lol! Vicodin doesn't really do much for me. Can you believe that?

I'm glad to hear you are back home and talkin' to the walls. It sounds like you're making great progress. Keep us (and your walls) updated on your progress! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers :^)

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Glad you're home. Take it sloooooow... Take care! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I've been sending prayers and am so glad you are home
    and on the road to healing. Cute story about your talking, and I'm glad the Vicodin helps with the pain.

Behave and do what you're told ;o)
    hugs, Karen

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

So glad you are doing well! I just hope the wall doesn't staart talking back. Keep moving and go to your PT. A friend of mine had hers done in Nov. She's great with it. Its amazing how well people do with these replacements. Truly a miracle of modern medicine. She pretty quickly got to the point where she was REALLY enjoying her time off from work.

Kathy

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Good to hear things went well. Stay with your PT and, like has already been said, keep moving.
    Talking to the curtains? LOL!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Kathy~

SO glad your surgery went well and you're home and recovering well. I'm also glad to see that through this you still have your sense of humor....LOL..talking to the curtains, etc. Too funny. I had a friend who would see a giant whale in his room every time he had surgery, so the mind is a strange place when it's on drugs. Take it slow and we'll continue to send prayers and good wishes your way!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Glad to hear your home. Take it slow and easy. Keep getting better and better. Curtains are pretty good at just hanging around and listening to us!!!! Too funny!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

It's so good to see you back here on the forum and on the road to feeling great! It won't be long I just know it. We are very lucky we have all the modern medicine that we have now. You'll be crafting up a storm in no time at all.
    Frou

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Welcome home. We missed you. Take very good care!

Always, Max

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Hey Kathy, How is the hip coming along? It been a little over a month and I was wondering how you were doing.

Chelcass

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner