Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

I get to go home!!!!!!!

nmgirl
15 years ago

After all my moaning and groaning earlier in this forum, (I think it was on Kirk's "what has this forum done for you?" thread), Dear Hubby asked if I'd like to move back to New Mexico. Like he has to ask!!!! He said since he works from home now and travels to his customers there's no reason we can't live in NM!!

I thought I was going to faint.

The timing is great. DD is finishing at the community college and will transfer for the Fall. Mom and Dad are getting to that time in life when it would be nice to have family close by. My bro' lives in CA and has school age young'uns so he has limits on his availability.

We're busy getting the house ready and we have a realtor who has the place on MLS already!

I'm giving a lot of my garden art to a gardening buddy of mine...but not all of it. ; )

I went to NM last week for my Dad's birthday but also to start house hunting. I found a nice place and hope it'll wait for us. It's not new, which I don't want, but not an oldie either. It has "good bones" and just needs some TLC.

BTW, the yard has great potential too!

Please pray that all goes well. We have a reasonable price set on our current house, especially if you compare them to some in the area. The realtor was surprised at our asking price. We don't want to sell short but we aren't being greedy either. The $$ we make from this house will determine what we can buy in NM.

I'm so excited!!!!!

Comments (18)

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Oh nmgirl, what wonderful news! I know you are really excited and bless your DH for wanting to move. I will say bunches of prayers for you.

Donna in Florida

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

did you dothe happy dance.
    congrats hope you sell soon
    debby

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Congratulations!
    kathy

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes I did the happy dance, I'm still doing it too!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kirk and Carol

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

How terrific! I'm so happy for you :D I'd be doing the happy dance!

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I'm so happy for you! My prayers are with you that everything will work out smoothly for you.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

It's great to be around family & your folks will love having you nearby to watch out for them. Glad you get to go "home" Prayers for quick sale & just right house in NM! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

FANTASTIC news. What a super DH you have. I hope your home sells fast, and its not too awfully hard to leave your friends and GJ stuff behind. But I know you will have a great time creating new things and being back where you love. I'm so happy for you.

(now if we can only pray Susiesunshine back to her beloved Texas!)
    {{gwi:77274}}

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH Congrats....I pray a big blessing for your move....

• cait1
    15 years ago

CONGRATS!!!! Gosh... makes me think of the day I'll say that I'm coming HOME - to AMERICA!! I'm all warm and fuzzy inside for you. It's fantastic news. Exactly where in NM will you be moving?
    My prayers out there for a speedy sale on your house and all goes well with your purchase.
    There's no place like HOME!!!

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Home is Las Cruces, in southern New Mexico on the Rio Grande river just a little north of the far west point of Texas.
    Thanks for all your prayers!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, that is great news for you and your family Sylvia!! SO happy for you! Sorry that we never got together while you were here in Virginia, but I'm sure it will be great for you to be home again!! Hope your house sells quickly and that you are able to get the perfect house in NM!!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
    THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. CLICK CLICK CLICK.

Now don't you wish moving was that easy? LOL

Take care of your back during the excitement of packing. (I always tell everyone that! Never lock your knees while lifting, squat and lift with your legs, Do not twist and lift at the same time. ect. ect.... Have a safe move.)

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I'm happy that you are happy nmgirl! lol! How exciting! And what a darling DH you have! I hope your home sells quickly and you are able to get a wonderful home in NM. I know how much you will enjoy being close to your family again. Plus, I can't wait to see what you do with a new garden!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

How wonderful for you!!!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

AWESOME!! Lucky you moving back to the area you love and having your family close by.

I hope you find a buyer for your house soon. Moving is my least favorite thing in the world, but it will be so worth it for you when that part is over with!

Best of luck to you!

~Sandy~

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

I am excited for you. Nothing like going home!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction