Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

photos of JT in Phoenix

Purplemoon
15 years ago

I have to tell you, JT has positively worn me out today. I can hardly walk my knees hurt so bad, so told her she had to take a nap and let me SIT awhile.

I still haven't gotten photos of my treasures for trying to keep her entertained. I promise to do that soon tho.

Need to recharge camera battery first.

I couldn't find cowboy boots that she didn't disappear in, so she had to settle for getting to wear some of my turquoise jewelry and I found her a "ten gallon Stetson" to wear. I think that pleased her. But she wanted to ride a horse then. So she got a ride....on my Carousel Horse. LOL. Then she wanted to see what a cactus was, but she not only wanted to wear her cowboy hat, she wanted a bandana instead of the jewelry.

Next she wanted to visit my animals. So she gave one of my Whippets (Lacey) some dog treats, then she rested a bit with Ty the Brat Cat. He loved her!! He wanted to keep her in fact. She thought she'd sneak off to the golf course with my DH, but she got caught and didn't get out of the house.

Next she wanted to go meet Jason, said he was celebrity like HER! After visiting with him and my two grandsons, she spied their pool out back and nothing would do but she had to go do a bit of sunning in it. Luckily for her, Suzie said it was ok and 'helped' her with that. Tho she made her stay in the shallow, spa end. JT kept eyeing the deep blue water but had to settle for not getting in it. Suzie said she wasn't getting in the pool to take JT out in the deep part, and she'd just have to stay by the spa. (hence the grey pebble tech instead of blue water)

Finally we came home and she is napping now. WHEW.

10 photos are in her album for you, to help the folks with dial-up see them easier I hope.

{{gwi:77274}} who's worn out.

Here is a link that might be useful: JTs Album

Comments (25)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh, how cute are all those photos!? JT is more than spoiled now ... she's "ruint" (that's hick for ruined! LOL)

Lacey is soooooo adorable, what a loving face! She loves JT! Masen, Zane & Jason & DIL even spent time with her! And the little bathing suit .... it's the bomb! I see how much she loves floating around in that sunny warm Phoenix weather! The Stetson is sooo cute, carousel, turquoise jewelry, all great, and I just knew JT was gonna try to slip off to the golf course! And what a great cactus!

Great pics, Karen, JT is having a fabulous time at your house! What a great time she's having all around the country! This has turned out to be such fun! ~tenderlee

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Wow! I think Tenderlee is right...she is ruint...She will never be the quiet shy girl she once was. I'm glad she is having so much fun with you and your family in Phoenix. I wish I could fit into the Junk Train and travel around the country with her. She looks like she is having so much fun.

~Micki~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Fun times with Purple Moon and Precious Family!!!!! How adorable. Susie

• leveta
    15 years ago

They are the cutest pic's. Deffinitly brings a smile...

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

OHHHH, that glorious sunshine & lounging in the pool! I knew JT would LOVE that! WOW, family & pets, how much greater can it get!!! Great pics! JT definitely is enjoying her travels! She's always smiling and her coloring is so good...pink! Thanks for sharing her pics, purplemoon...you are awesome! Jeanne S.

p.s. Think you need to change her twin sister's pics to TJ... don't want visitors to think that TJ is JT! JT likes wine...not the hard stuff! Wonderful album of the girls!!!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh what great FUN! It's great to see JT in warmer weather! She probably has told you horror stories about the snow here! LOL Love all of the pictures! It's fun to see Jason go along with the whole JT experience! What a great guy! Olivia loved seeing your pets with JT! We just loved all of your pictures! Thank you for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I corrected things in the album so no one thinks its JT who's crashed the wedding. Our girl is an angel, albeit a demanding one! LOL

Now listen, I tried like heck to find her some boots. GW had none for her, my little grandkids don't own any. Even my granddaughters' dolls don't have any. So JT is just deprived, and will have to visit TX probably to find her boots. When she met Ty the Brat Cat, the 4 other cats were snoozing all over the bed but I just got her pix with him.
    I was afraid I was overdoing the photo session as it was.
    She didn't get to come in my doggy den and meet all 7 Whippets, otherwise she'd have been put back in the box in a dozen little pieces with parts missing. Lacey is my "lady" and so sweet, I knew JT was safe with her. LOL.

In my other post about JT being here, I mentioned her next destination......
    {{gwi:77274}}

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Honestly, Karen...I'm still laughing at "she looks awfully pink!" What a hoot!!

JT has been having an absolute blast at your house!! Poor little thing will be bored to death around here after all the fun she's been having with everyone else. Oh well, at the rate things are going, she'll be exhausted by then and due for a nice rest!

The pictures are great!! What a lucky girl JT is...she even got to wear your jelwelry!!

I can hardly wait to hear about her next stop!

~Sandy~

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sandy, I was worried about entertaining JT after seeing her fun travels myself. But let me tell you, this demanding little creature comes up with all sorts of things, so you'll be jumping thru her hoops too. And I do mean jumping. LOL.
    Isn't Jason wonderful at not being shy around cameras, and doing such silly things to make his Mom happy. Most folks severely disfigured wouldn't ever want their pictures taken, much less with a little pink creature to be shared on the web. He's something else!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

WOW Karen~

No wonder you're tired! I was tired just looking at all of the things you and JT have been up to! I'd say you deserve a rest for sure! That JT...she's a stinker...spoiled rotten! Thanks for sharing your fun!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So here's all the goodies I kept from the Junk Train. JT wanted to show them off herself. The lead crystal eagle will be part of a special totem I want to make to 'honor' my dad. Dad is so very patriotic, spent 30 yrs in the AF and was in 3 wars. Seeing this eagle, I thought it would be a great totem topper for a piece I can think of as "Dad's Totem" in my yard.
    As you may have guessed, I love crystal pieces, so I hit the jackpot on the Junk Train. The bluebird is precious. And there is wonderful Fairy pot stake I'll paint for my fairy garden, and a "log stump" for it too. Very cool. Then there's my ROCKS. LOL, I'm so easy to please. Tenderlee sent me these, one is a beautiful quartz from the TN Mtns. Tenderlee, tell me YOUR favorite 2 or 3 colors, and I'll use them on the fairy then put the TN rocks by her. I couldn't be happier with my treasurers!

There's still lots of cool stuff in the box, and I'm adding as much I can fit in too. Now it heads to IOWA, and JT gets to visit JEANNESPINES !!
    {{gwi:126608}}
    Marlene, JT is a total STINKER. She snuck off this morning and when I finally found her, she was hiding in my DH's closet where she'd found his BOOTS!!! She also found a bunny bandana I had for my whippet to wear. Jeeez. This girl needs a LEASH herself.
    {{gwi:126609}}
    Even tho I've only had JT a couple of days, I sure am going to miss her. A LOT !
    Its going to be very hard to send her off I think.

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

What a hoot! I knew JT was special when I plucked her off that thrift store shelf.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

OH BOY! OH BOY! Jezzie is headin' to Iowa! Pack some of that AZ. sunshine with her, purplemoon! Please!!! She'll need galoshes & an umbrella here...tomorrow forecast is freezin' rain!!!

I'll be gettin' back to my "station" just in time for JT! My DD is recovering and getting a bit better from her surgery each day. We have been so blessed to be able to be together for a week of recovery...and thank you all for prayers sent this way.

Will be mighty quiet back at my "station" (leavin' 3 GK's & DD & SIL 3 hrs. behind) ... the railway track is less than a half a mile away from my "station"...so I will hear her comin'! Have to get my DH involved...so, he can roll his eyes...I'm sure he'll LOVe JT!

This is so crazy...and so much fun! Jeanne S.

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

If you'll pardon the pun...this is a REAL TRIP! Even my DH is into it and looking forward to JT coming to our house!

Karen, I just knew JT would find some boots at your place, even though they are a tad too big for her tiny little feet! Thankfully she didn't fall down inside one of them! I can just imagine you walking around your house trying to figure out where that little voice is coming from! It would surely be confusing for me...I hear little voices all the time! LOL

JT certainly is an adventurous little thing and has been keeping everyone on their toes! What fun!

~Sandy~

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Karen, you chose the exact pieces that I thought you would! (minus the broken bowl *sigh*. So glad you could use that beautiful eagle! And the pretty little swan will perfect for one of your totems. I thought I read a post from you once that said you could never find totem top pieces, hope I got that right. The matching bluebird that I kept will reside in a window with some other glass suncatchers.

But the pièce de résistance never made it, and I'm so sorry about that! The box seemed so well packed and sound, but I should have known better than to try it. Hindsight's 20/20 on that one for sure!

The tree/log candle holder was made by our friend Kirk, I think, as well as the strung logs and the little wooden bowl that I kept! Oh, and JT is sooooo cute climbing into those cowboy boots! Looks like she'll get a chance for boots with several stops in TX coming up!

Here's a pic of that rock in my window box, I love it too, but I love sharing with someone who knows what treasure they've got!
    {{gwi:126610}}

Here's a pic of the fairy, yes I went around hunting additional stuff and just plucked things out here and there to fit into the box. LOL
    {{gwi:126611}}

Just thought you might want to see how they'd been used in their former home :-) They will love it in Arizona, too! You'll do something cool with it all I'm sure.

Now, I'm excited for Ms Jeannespines toot toot!!! ~tenderlee

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for sharing photos of "our" treasures, Tenderlee. Its really fun to see where you had them. I did say I had trouble finding totem toppers, you have a good memory! The little bluebird may be staying in the house, he's so precious.

Jeanne, I feel really rotten in telling you JT didn't get mailed off today. Think the "gremlins" were at work.
    First, trying to pack that box was a nightmare.
    We need a bigger box!!! LOL. I couldn't get in half the stuff I wanted to. Then when I went to tape up the box, discovered I didn't have enough tape. Arrggghhh. Then the box seemed a bit weak from its previous heavy load, so after I got new roll of tape, I ran some around it for support. Went to post office and they REJECTED it. Said these flat rate boxes can ONLY be taped at the seams. HUH?
    So got a new box from them and came back home. Had to take my dad to doc (some skin cancers removed from his face and arm). I kind of went downhill due to pain and lack of sleep from latest Fibro Flare, and didn't get box repacked.
    I promise to do that tomorrow and get it mailed Thurs. I'm so sorry for the delay!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Catching up last couple of things, my favy colors would be the jewel tones, sage, olive & dark greens, burgundys, purples, navy, golden and ivory tones, I like rich color, but muted, not bright or neon. How nice of you to ask, Karen! btw that little purple bag JT travels in now was the container for some sheets I had bought in one of those colors - kinda an eggplant.

That rock in the photo I attached, I can just see a little fairy sitting on that notch in the rock like it's a little bench, if you just happened to have one in the right size that's in a sitting position. Just came to me when looking at the photo!

I think it's wonderful that Jason isn't shy around cameras! Just shows how well grounded and secure he is with himself! That loving support of his family and friends helped to make him the outstanding man that he was when the accident occured, and it helped carry him through the horrible painful days he had to experience to recover!

When I was showing my daughter the cute little photo album you'd made of JT's travels, when we got to your photo of Jason she said "I've seen that guy on TV several times", and I said that she probably had, and a brief discription of what happened to him, and she was familiar with the story. She said "Well, I still think he's handsome." and I agreed. He is a very handsome man despite his injuries, and a great example to us all! His kids and wife are beautiful too! Those adorable boys will be the crush of many a little girl ....

And you've been fast as lightning with the junk train anyways, I know how hard it can be to get it mailed when there's one snag after the other. At least you won't be "hoggin' it" for almost 2 weeks like I did lol.

Fibro is kicking me now too, hope yours is improving! I went and got cortisone shot yesterday, and it helps for a few weeks. They give it to me in the rear, not a joint since poly arthritis is 5 joints or more, and I need the relief all over. On anti-inflam Arthrotec now, helps lots, but some side effects. When I got back from Dr after the cortisone shot yesterday, my daughter noticed my eyes dilated and strange, and she asked if I had been taking some kind of pills. I said no that's just how quick the steriod affected me apparently. Dr warned that it could make my temper more sensitive the day I get it, so I told family "on shot day, leave me alone!" LOL ... if only .... but I was more irritable than my usual grouchy self and can understand how those athletes who abuse steriods can act like angry idiots! Just one shot is hard on the body, while it helps at the same time. I keep thinking of a quote I read that went something like "Getting old ain't for sissies!" (not that your're old, but I am :-))

That little jet-setter JT will be off to another adventure soon enough ... she'll love it with Jeanne & family! ~tenderlee

• akup_a
    15 years ago

What have we become when even the Post Office rejects stuff? I bet JT was hoppin' mad because she was rejected!! Po' litl darlin'.
    Purplemoon: hope you're feeling better.
    Vickie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ahhh, Purplemoon...no need to worry about sending JT on her way so fast! But am sorry to hear of the rejection from too much tape at PO...UGH! I will stop and get a new box before I ever see JT arrive!...sounds like she prefers riding in the "new" vehicles...not the old-used ones! Anyway, I just got home today from week with DD & SIL & kids...and will need a few days to get back to "normal"...whatever that may be! Hang in there...hope fibro backs down for awhile. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Things aren't getting any better here, but I did finally get JT and stuff repacked in new box and it WILL be mailed tomorrow. Dad had the big, awful skin cancer removed from side of his face on Tues. Then yesterday he had cataract surgery, and follow-up early this morning. But late yesterday afternoon he fell and scared the crap out of me. Took an hour for my heart to return to normal I swear! He didn't get hurt, but I couldn't get him up, so Jason came and did it for me. Dad got up from table and lost his balance and fell between it and the huge antique china cabinet. On the carpet at least. What was so scary, his head hit one of the glass doors and broke it.
    Luckily the one piece of glass fell IN the cabinet, and the 4 ft high piece was displaced but still mostly in door frame. Dad's head came within a heartbeat of going THRU the glass, and he could have bled to death from his neck being guillotined. Or even from a severe head or face wound since he's on blood thinners. I was shaking, even tho I realized he wasn't hurt. Guess his guardian angel was working hard.
    The pain in my legs won't let up. Can't even sit and relax. Dad needs so many meds, so many times a day right now. (4 different eye drops spaced apart, 4 times daily each. Antibiotics for the cancer removal 4 times a day. Not to mention so much else since he's mostly bed-ridden.

I don't know when I'll get my yard stuff put back, but at least house painting is done, and it looks wonderful.
    Love the new color, deep, rich tan with white trim. Several of my neighbors came over to compliment me on it.
    That was sure nice to hear.

Tenderlee...what your daughter said just absolutely brought such joy to my heart. I sent your post to Jason and Suzie and they were deeply touched by both of you. Thank you so much, it means more than I can possibly tell you.
    I'm so very sorry you are in the same Fibro Pain Boat and suffering so badly. (Same for Luna and Sandy!!)
    I almost laughed reading about your favorite colors, they are EXACTLY the ones I love so much too.

Excuse all my whining, I don't mean to dump so much.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Hey, purplemoon, "dumping" is good! You've had quite a couple days...and more! Glad your Dad's fall didn't turn into a tragedy! I don't know how you keep up with your Dad's care along with your own health issues...and DH, kids, grandkids, dogs and cats, home and LIFE in general! You are an inspiration!

Your house sounds refreshed and beautiful outside as inside! Take care of yourself and find a way to get some help so you can get some rest...the gardens will wait & come later. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, GJ friend! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Karen, thanks so much for putting together that photo album featuring JT and her evil twin TJ! I was lol-ing all the while I was looking through it. Luckily, Bob is sleeping or he would be rolling his eyes at me. I will have to think of some great places to take her when she hits Milwaukee. Lacey and Ty are both so pretty (well maybe I should say Ty is handsome) and they played so well with JT. I know my late Bitsy would have found some way to steal JT and chew her up. She could jump about 4 feet off the ground and was like a mountain goat climbing up things to get a stuffed toy. I would have had to hide JT in the closet or on top of the kitchen cabinets if Bitsy were still around.

I agree, it was very big of Jason to play along with all of us crazy Junkers! lol! He looks awesome with JT and his two very cute sons. Did JT exchange autographs with him?

Hopefully you packed up some sunshine with the train. We sure could use it here in the Midwest! Hopefully you haven't spoiled JT too much so she doesn't complain about the cold dreary weather we have been having.

I can't wait for her and the train to pull into West Allis! And folks, don't forget to leave broken things in the box! Those of us who like to mosaic can always use broken bits and pieces of dishes and knicknacks.

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Very close call with Dad, and could have been worse! Thankfully it wasn't, but bad enough!

Hope today you're feeling a bit better, stress isn't helping one bit ... I know, what can ya do?

Take care, hugs, tenderlee

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Purplemoon, so sorry to hear about your Dad's fall and that he is ok. Hope you get to feeling better too.
    It sure was sweet of Jason & family to share in JT's visit.
    I haven't even told my family about the Junk Train coming here. They question my art(junk) that I buy. They'll send me to the looney bin for accepting junk in the mail!
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luna, I would have repacked some of the broken green glass as I keep that in mind for mosaics. But this was curved, and extremely sharp, and would have been difficult to pack safely. I jabbed a piece into my finger just unpacking it.
    The box is so small, and hard to fit stuff back in and add more as it was. So I decided not to try and include sharp glass. I didn't have a way to smooth it out either since I'm not a mosaic-er. Yet, LOL. On my list tho.

Vickie, I wasn't going to tell my family either. They just don't "get" Garden Junk being treasures. But DIL, Suzie, was here when JT came, and she thought it was the neatest idea and sounded like fun. So then I told my daughter, and Dad and my DH. They all laughed good-naturedly and were happy I was having FUN. I don't get much these days being so housebound. (Don't think I'll tell my 3 over-18 grandkids tho. LOL. Now they'd for sure question my sanity. They already do on my holiday decorating).

JT left this morning. sniff, sniff. I will miss her.
    (My best friend, who lives in OK, told me if I was going to whine about JT I should just go buy myself one. LOL. Told her I might do that, and name mine SUE, after her!)
    Come to think of it, I'm SURROUNDED by "sues".
    Jason's wife is Suzie. On here I have SusieSunshine and SusieRose. A local whippet friend is Susan Jean. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other online Sue-pals here or on Holiday Forum. Heck, maybe that was MY name in another life, or will be in the next one. LOL.