Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseetrash

JT is on the tracks out of Chattanooga .....

tennesseetrash
15 years ago

JT is headed down the track for Phoenix, Arizona! Yep, Miss Karen, aka Purplemoon should be receiving the train Sat or Mon. I had that box so stuffed, I had to pull out a couple of things, because I couldn't get JT and the registry book back in! I tried to use every centimeter of space possible!

Here's a few pics, they'll probably be too big as usual hehe .... yes I could use a lesson on how to size my pics better!

And thanks to hubby, who took GS down to riverfront to make a few pics of GS & JT so I could get the dang box shipped already LOL! And then hubbysweetiepies stood in line and the Post Office to mail that heavy box for me. It even has rocks in it, yes, rocks! hehehehe .... My daughter said "I just don't get it Mom", I said "you don't have to". Son in law, who is from Mexico originally, thinks we're doing some kind of witchcraft ROFLMAO! Anyways ..... I just laugh and shake my head .....

These are the items I kept, plus I had to take a little birdhouse out also when I couldn't get the box closed, but it's not in the pic.

{{gwi:126621}}

This is Zack and JT lounging in the bean bag in front of the TV, watching what else but the Backyardigans?

{{gwi:126622}}

Oscar and JT down on the riverfront. In background is the Tennessee Aquarium and the Market Street Bridge, a historic draw bridge

{{gwi:126623}}

Oscar and JT at the Delta Queen, which is a floating motel now permanently docked in Chattanoga. (unless Federal laws change again about old wooden boats with passengers) At least it's still being used and loved! A great addition to the waterfront here, we can hear the old steam caliope from our house (it now has a modern electronic keyboard though)

{{gwi:126624}}

Oscar and JT in front of Walnut Street Walking Bridge at Coolidge Park

{{gwi:126625}}

Now JT's gonna enjoy being in Arizona! Can't wait to see her adventures with Purplemoon and family! Somehow I see her on a golf cart?! chuckle, Hugs y'all ~tenderlee

Comments (12)

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

That little Oscar is anything but a grouch! What a cutie! I love the picture of him with JT in the bean bag chair. Their smiles are almost identical. lol! It looks like she had a great time down in Tennessee. And you got some great stuff! I love the little blue bird and the wind chimes. The other stuff looks like it would be great in a variety of projects. Was it hard getting JT out of Oscar's hands? he-he Thanks for sharing the great pics!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

tennesseet...oh, those little GS's are just so darn cute! Thanks to your DH for taking the pics & sharing some TN sites...I would love to visit ALL of those places. I showed my bigger GK's your pics because I saw JT on t.v. for the first time here with little 20 mo. old, Eli...and I just had to explain my GJ friends & JT & the train traveling across the U.S. LOL!

WOW...you certainly got some wonderful GJ off the train! I love it all! Thanks for the pics! Jeanne S. ...and give those little ones & DD an extra hug!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

HOpe DD is doing well now!! Zack sure knows how to smile!! I'll bet he has a hearty laugh too!!! Just full of life & enjoying his friend JT. Oscar seems to be very protective of JT, guess he would have to be with all that water around. What a great way to show JT & Oscar with some wonderful historical sites-free history lesson on GW how great is that!! Lots of treasures from the junk train!! Don't know how the box holds it all!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I about jumped out of my chair when I read JT is headed here! I feel like a little kid over this. And you are sending ROCKS!!!! WoooHoooo. I love rocks.
    LOVE the comment you made to your daughter, and totally cracked up your SIL thinks we're doing witchcraft.

I think Oscar should be on the train too, he's absolutely adorable. Both your grandson's are!!
    I like your goodies that JT shared with you, especially the picket fence (another idea for my Too Long To Do List.)

I'll add JT's photos with your little ones to her album tonight. Unlike you and Carol, she'll not be doing any drinking here but I figure she might need to dry out a bit anyway. LOL. Hope she likes ice tea. I'm afraid she will have to forego any plans of golf tho, are you trying to get me divorced? LOL.

{{gwi:77274}}

• kirkus
    15 years ago

There is something about JT and kids! She has such a way with little ones! Your grandkids are soooooooooo dog-gone cute! LOVE THEIR SMILES! I also love the tour of Chattanooga!!!! What a beautiful city with wonderful history! Oh, I can just hear the sound of the steamboat at night! Thanks for sharing your city with us!

You got some GREAT treasures from the Junk Train. ;o) I can see you using those copper pots on your deck with plants or as part of a copper totem! (Now there's an idea...a copper totem...hmmm...) I love the junk train! It's so fun to look forward to each destination! Still praying for your daughter and that you get some rest too. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Looks like you and JT had a great time together! Glad she got to spend time with your GK too! You found quite a few treasures in the train too I see! Thanks so much for letting us share your visit!

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures of Jt wil the GK's.They are so cute.Wasn't it the best playing with Jt and the kids?I showed my Gd the pictures and she asked if JT was going to come back someday.The kids are really into seeing Jt's travel pictures.Thanks again.
    Joan

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

What great pictures!!! Looks like JT had another fun visit! JT and Oscar look like great pals(-:

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Loved the tour!!! What great tour guides JT had too, such cuties!
    Great treasures you've unearthed from the JT. I also like the color of your wall!
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Oooops, Tenderlee, it wasn't you supplying JT with liquor.
    My goof...it was Linda with the evil twin. LOL. That means so far JT is just a wino. Thanks to Carol.

With all the little kids loving JT, here's a link where you can print a full sized coloring page for them if you want.
    (from the Backyardigans and Uniqua). They might like to have their "own picture" of her.

{{gwi:77274}}

Here is a link that might be useful: coloring page of JT

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Ok guess I'm confused!! Nothing new! Do we have two junk trains goin around the country??? JT and a TJ??? Wow I missed something.
    Yea I thing the grandkids should come for a visit too!! How educational would that be.
    Karen... I saw the sticks and was thinking swinging bridge!! LOL!
    What wonderful treasures.

• tennesseetrash
    Original Author
    15 years ago

One important thing ..... I forgot to mention who made my 2 cool wood items .... the homemade little bowl and the little logs strung together .... were made by Kirk! I couldn't resist keeping them! I love handmade things, and feel that you can't put a money value on them usually. Thanks Kirk and Carol both!

I didn't want to look selfish keeping out so many items, but there was a reason (I replaced it all though). I took the two coppery bowls only because I wanted to fit a large glass totem piece into the box for Karen/purplemoon, and doggone it the thing got broken enroute! So the metal items take the trip much better. Small glass pieces (padded well) seem to do okay, but large ones, forgetaboutit!

Thank each and *every single one of you* who said such nice things about the grandkids! They bring such joy to my life! and I'm so glad the other GJ junkers' children are enjoying following JT's journey around the country too! Mine are a bit too small, 18 months and 5 months, but I did put both of them in my lap and showed them their pics on this thread.

Bright .... don't feel alone with the confusion! On the same day JT was leaving Chattanooga, her evil twin, TJ showed up in California! Ms TJ just wanted some action too, so she got her party groove going .... they look so much alike it's eerie hehe .... I heard TJ is now on the wagon after such a shindig in Calif .... she'll probably fall back off though LOL ....

This has been such fun! ~tenderlee