Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I'm going to learn something new !!

toomuchglass
15 years ago

WELDING !!!!!!

Yep ..... ( like I don't have enough to do ! LOL ) I've always been envious of "junk art" -- the kind of odd sculptures made out of weird stuff. I'm finally gonna learn to do it. I looked into the Community college to take welding classes ...but it was beyond what I could afford. My son came over today ... he's an iron worker . ( One of those metal working monkeys that hangs upside down 10 stories up -- and thinks nothing of it ) We got to talking about welding ... that I wished I knew how .

He said "mom --- are you kidding ? You can buy a small set up that just uses house current .. and I can teach you everything you want to know !!! "

...... I was flabbergasted - I always thought it was beyond my capabilities & budget , but he said you can get "hobby set ups " that anyone can learn !!! ( Even me !! LOL ) OOHHHH .... he unleashed a demon in me ! LOL I wanna learn and he'll teach me !

I can't wait . No junk will be safe around me anymore .....

heh heh . I'm just so happy - I'm going shopping for a welding machine next week . Wish me luck . Hopefully this old dog CAN learn new tricks .

**** High 5ing everyone !!! ****

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional