Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

2011 Spring Fling Pictures

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

Please use this for posting your Spring Fling Pictures.

Comments (58)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Received my pkg. from mojowest today. As you can see she sent me lots of goodies in her pkg.

{{gwi:126688}}

I got the cutest little teapots, 4 heart shaped candles, a bag of large gemstones, some plastic crystals, a little metal bee and frog, a spool of 24 gauge red wire, some really cute wallpaper with birdhouses on it, and a very unique blue teapot. I have never seen this kind of shape before. Love it all!

UNFORTUNATELY, there was some breakage!!! Darn it!! Mojowest had FRAGILE written all over the box too!!! She had everything wrapped in bubblewrap. Didn't make a difference.

{{gwi:126689}}

Another cute little teapot was totally shattered. She had made me a little totem, pretty as could be. The plate on it was shattered, and the beautiful rose also had some of its petals broken. I was heartsick. I am going to see IF I can salvage the little budvase and the rose. Don't know if I can but I am going to give it a try. The little teapot was shattered beyond repair.
    Thanks for your thoughfulness mojowest. Love your gifts!
    Where does your mom live here in Ariz?

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Such wonderful treasures AZ! So sorry the totem was broken...try to glue the plate back together...my DH has quite a knack for doing that, maybe you can too! Love all of your things...the teapots, the jewels, the frog and bee are cute too! TFS!

• mjowest
    13 years ago

oh no! I'm soo so sorry about the plate etc...
    guess I didn't wrap it very well. :( I was so looking forward to you getting this!

I hope you can 'salvage' it. let me know-

Mom lives in Dewey. Know where that is? :)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

The plate on the totem was broken in several large pieces and a lot of small slivers, so I couldn't get it into one even piece. I was just heartsick about it. It was such a beautiful little piece of yard art. The colors, the rose, everythng about it was delicate and feminine. It incorporated all the things I like. Thanks anyway mojowest, it was the thought behind it that counts. I am going to try and rescue the rose and the bud vase. Maybe I can fix the rose on the edges of the rose petals where it got broken. I am going to try anyway.
    I already am looking forward to using the things you gave me in future projects, especially those little teapots. Aren't these exchanges fun!!! I am a newbie here and have only participated in two of them, but boy oh boy, I've had loads of fun!!!
    Is Dewey somewhere around Prescott? I have heard of it just have never been there.
    Again thanks mojowest.

• mjowest
    13 years ago

Dewey is near Prescott Valley- so yes, you know Arizona!

and I forgot (LOL-oops) that I have a brother up north in Williams, too. ;)
    Again, I'm so sorry about your tea pots!!

Here are my photos of my package received today:
    I really dislike photobucket, and this was the easiest for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Spring Fling photos

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

So glad everything made it in one piece! I had fun trying to get it all in the box and hope you will be able to use them. I looked and looked for a pink BB, but no luck! ;-)

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

aah! ooh! Mjo, what a lucky lady!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Oh what a shame! It is beautiful even broken. Yep those postal people are a bunch of clutzs (sp). I bought a scrollsaw no less and they dropped it and broke the front plate on it. Totally smashed it. They Couldn't care less!

Ladies you both have gotten lots of beautiful items. I hope I can measure up. I got the boxes but I don't know if they are going to be big enough. I have so much to send.

Can't wait to see what everybody else gets. This is so much fun! Thanks again Max for doing the Spring Fling.

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Me too can't wait...Yes thank you Max. This is so much fun, hadn't done a trade for so long. (no time while working) Well lost my job... now I can't do trades cuz have no money LOL. Ladies have a wonderful day!!!!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Me too can't wait...Yes thank you Max. This is so much fun, hadn't done a trade for so long. (no time while working) Well lost my job... now I can't do trades cuz have no money LOL. Ladies have a wonderful day!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

A BIG thank you to Gardencraze for my SF goodies!! It came in today's mail and it was SOOO appreciated...it's been a rough week so far, so this was such a welcomed break from it all!

There were things for fairy gardens, totems, plate flowers, other projects to be determined and even things for the gardener herself!! Carmen even included tangerine seeds from sunny Florida!!

I still can't believe how much you got in that one box! You're an amazing packer....

{{gwi:126690}}

{{gwi:126691}}

{{gwi:126692}}

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Is that a garden fairy I spy in the lower left hand corner of the first picture? I'm jealous! Carmen you certainly sent lots of sunshine in your package.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Yes, it is a garden fairy! And I just noticed that the little Russian doll keyring is facing backward too....so many things for fairy gardens....just the ticket for what I'll need this spring as I try to build a new one.

• mjowest
    12 years ago

I LOVE the flip flop!!

• backyardmom
    12 years ago

here are the pictures of my treasure from purplemoon.
    {{gwi:126693}}
    {{gwi:126694}}
    Thank you Karen will put it all to good use.The rocks will go into the garden.. My sunporch is getting turned into one big bird house.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You said you liked chimes and birds, LOL. A girl after my own heart!
    That piece of petrified wood is so pretty when wet! I love any and all rocks, but that kind is one of my favorites.

I am looking forward to seeing your sunporch decorated, I know I'd love it.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great treasures backyardmom! Love all of the figurines and hummingbirds!

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Looks like everyone is getting some real treasures. This is sooo much fun

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Here are pix of my treasures from Robert, thank you I had a blast on the treasure hunt. I loved everything ...but I did have a favorite....Ohhh and 2 items broke but are fixable

{{gwi:126696}}

{{gwi:126697}}

And lsat MY FAVORITE!!!!!

{{gwi:126698}}

{{gwi:126699}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

You must have moved your pics into another album or something...they're gone! Try again, gardencraze? Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    12 years ago

Not the Rhino?

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

I had a ba feeling about how I posted those pix. I have had nothing but problems posting...Errrrrrr!!+*^@#!^%*X&^@#

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Posting pics takes practice (did me, anyway!)

You could copy & paste in the address of your Photobucket link to the pics. Just put it in the "optional link URL" box below & give it a title in the "Name of the link" box.

Jeanne S. ..did you move the pics after you posted ...cause that breaks the link here.

• tehuti
    12 years ago

I checked 9 pages and the pictures were not there.

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your patience and guidance on these pix.
    I did not know that when you delete the pix from PB they delete everywhere lessen learned. sorry for al the confusion
    I have been so wraped up in this show this weekend that I was really stressing over every thing, thank God it is over.

Hugs Carmen

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I really like that rhino! You sure got a lotta bling there. I can't wait to get mine but I'm still looking for my $#&* camera. I promise to get my gifts packed up and sent early this week. I have been having so many health problems lately that I haven't been able to accomplish much of anything. :(

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lots of great junk plus some practical things for junking (i.e. gloves and brush.) The rhino is very unique. The tombstones would be great for decorating a minature garden for halloween.

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Luna I'm so sorry you are having Health isues, that was me all of last year but mine was a deep depression that really took me for a loop, I didn't even look at my garden for a solid year.
    I did no posting no gardening no cleaning house.. All I did was Pray and cry.... To God be the Glory He brought me thru to the Other side...Whewwwww.
    So be encouged and don't give up this too shall pass.

Again thank you ROBERT for all the unique stuff.

Hugs, Carmen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Very cool treasures Carmen! LOVE the rhino!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Thanks Carmen! Good to have you back in action. Now I can't wait to see what you do with your cool gifts!

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

jeanspines was right it takes a practice and alott of patience LOL

Hugs, Carmen

• chelcass
    12 years ago

O M G !!! What a haul Old Crafty sent me. There are so many goodies. I love the Mountain Dew bottle, I have never seen metal one. The cross with *rejoice* on it is hanging on the wall in the bedroom. The other little cross is on the refrigerator. The little paint cans filled with goodies was wonderful. So many projects. I loved everything you sent. Thank you so much for your generousity (sp). Only one item got broken, the pink tea pot, however I will keep the pieces and use them for moasic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chelcalfed/Spring Fling 2011

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

chelcass...your link doesn't work for me ...takes me to a Qwest page. Jeanne S.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Oh Bummer, Wonder what I did wrong. Will keep trying.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Wow chelcass....they told me you wouldn't get that box for 7 - 10 days....they must have overnighted it! Glad you got some things you like. I tried to pack good, sorry about the broken piece. And I hate to admit it but when the box was all sealed and ready I discovered I missed putting in a piece of driftwood. Guess I should have fit it in and left out the tea pot! I thought the metal bottle was pretty cool and the price was right!! Glad you already found a place for some of the things. I had fun gathering the items.
    oldcrafty

• dollydee
    12 years ago

Everyone has gotten some great things!! I finally got a minute today & went up to the new house and my packages were there waiting on me.....Thank you Max!!! Some really cool stuff in those boxes, and Snow White is so pretty :)

{{gwi:126700}}
    {{gwi:126701}}
    {{gwi:126702}}
    {{gwi:126703}}

• chelcass
    12 years ago

2nd try to post pictures. Fingers crosses!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Fling 2011

• chelcass
    12 years ago

It worked! It worked! Happy Happy Dance!!! I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Thanks again OldCrafty for all the wonderful goodies. I love everything.

Hugs, ChelCass

ps. now I'm off to try and Post Campbell's visit

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW....what a haul! No wonder it weighed so much! Love the gems, metal bottles and the metal container too! So many things for projects...VERY cool!

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

Here's my spring fling goodies. Thanks to Kelly. Some of the little mirror squares came off the wind chime, but they can be fixed.

{{gwi:126704}}

{{gwi:126705}}

{{gwi:126706}}

{{gwi:126707}}

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Finally got a chance to snap some pics of my goodies from laurastheme.....I got some real nice goodies.

Unfortunately....the plate flower didn't quite make the trip all in one piece...but it can be easily fixed with a new plate!

{{gwi:126708}}

Lots of pretty glass and do-dads for mosaics....

{{gwi:126709}}

Lots of treasures....LOVE the old scale and the face cup and saucer has soooo much potential as well as the blue and green dish. Take a close look at the unique card ...the caption says.....$100 for the little one, but I'll let the twins go for a chicken. Isn't that a hoot.......and our very own laurastheme is the little one!!! The deer pic is so cool and I already have a frame for it! I've enjoyed the poems from your book....you are so multi-talented

{{gwi:126710}}

THANKS again laura....I love it all!

• tehuti
    12 years ago

better late than never. Been busy.

{{gwi:126711}}

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

Kelly, I'm sorry. I just noticed that I didn't finish what I was going to write about my spring fling goodies. I LOVE the mushroom and the frog to go with it. I have a frog garden where this is going to go. And the purple and milk glass totem...Wow! I have plans for it and the matching yellow bowl. I'll post pics in the garden junk forum when I'm done with the project.
    Thanks again for everything! I love it all.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I hope my Spring Fling recipient gets her package by tomorrow! Yikes! Everyone got such great things. Still haven't found my camera. I'm going to seriously look for it this weekend (or buy a new one).

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Yep Luna, I got my box yesterday and was thrilled with everything. Especially the fact you drew my name!

The adobe house and cactus are metal, and I knew right away where I was going to put this.
    In my small cactus garden out back. The wonderful bunny 'bird feeder' didn't show up well,
    but its so pretty. And the Owls are a HOOT. Pun intended. They are metal and on an old piece of wood.
    They are going out back on my patio I think, or in the cactus garden area too.
    {{gwi:126712}}
    Then Luna included more neat bunnies and frogs for me! Plus a crystal angel in honor of my late Dad....
    I cried at her note on this. It didn't photograph well but the crystal angel really sparkles!
    Plus there's lovely little angel teapot. I plan a mini totem with it as the focal part.
    {{gwi:126713}}
    The bunny S&P set, and ceramic carrot went right on my kitchen counter Easter display.
    Here's where I put the metal adobe house scene...
    {{gwi:126714}}
    Thank you again, Luna. Everything is perfect for me!
    hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Oh wow, the adobe house metal thingy sure looks good in your cactus garden against that wooden gate! I loved those bunny shakers and when I found the forlorn carrot, I had to add it to the box so the bunnies had something to munch on while traveling. I'm so glad you liked your things! It's a good thing I love ya so much Karen because it was really hard to part with the bunny bird feeder and those owls. he-he

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I apologize for the wait! I finally found my camera (hiding in a closet lol) and then I couldn't find the cord to connect it to the computer so I could download the pictures. So I finally bought a card reader and figured out how to use it. These are the totally awesome gifts I got from dollydee. I love them all! (I covered the steps with a blanket because we have ratty carpet pieces on the steps and I didn't want it to detract from my great gifts.)

This is the bulk of my gifts. Aren't they great?

{{gwi:126715}}

I noticed I didn't get the barnwood on the last picture but it did show up on this one featuring the glass/jar carrier and cute potgirl. I love the moss on the barnwood!

{{gwi:126716}}

These were some gorgeous mobiles that dollydee must have made. The picture doesn't do them justice! The one with the long silver tubes is made with mirrored disks and pretty light purple beads. There is a single strand in the middle that is mirror disks and red glass flat marbles glued together. They will look fantastic in the sun (if we ever see it again around here)!

{{gwi:126717}}

Here is a close up of some of the dishes and a pretty pot. No worry that some of the dishes are broken! I love 'em that way because then I don't mind breaking them up for mosaics. Although I will have to find another use for the lovely plates ... I really hate to break them! lol The small pot with the handle has a pretty butterfly on the handle. It is hard to see in the picture.

{{gwi:126718}}

I've been feeling really blue lately and these cheered me up and have my creative juices going again. Thanks again, dollydee, for these wonderful gifts!

On another note ... girl, you really know how to pack! I kept finding more and more little things. I haven't had that much fun unpacking since I was a kid at Christmas!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOWZER! Your box must have been enormous....what awesome treaures! LOVE the bottle carrier and the plates and the yellow metal watering cans, and, and, and! Woohoo!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Holy Purple Cow...I'd like to have seen that box! LOL.
    Nice going, DollyDee! I'm so glad you "spoiled" our Luna, she deserves it I think.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Karen, it was actually the box that I shipped yours inside of! lol! Dollydee sure knew how to pack a lot in a little space. I'm so excited because I FINALLY have a button tin full of buttons! I remember my grandma had one and it was fun to look through all the wonderful buttons. I think my sister got it after she died. Now I can start my own. Thanks again, Dollydee!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz