Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

JT is HERE !!!!!!!!

Purplemoon
15 years ago

Late this afternoon my mailman left a box on my front porch, and when I went to pick it up I almost couldn't lift it. LOL, the post office may hate us over this one price box. Its a LOAD. Of course since there were two pretty big rocks in it.....make that BIG, PRETTY rocks. LOL.

They are staying in Phoenix of course. Thank you Tenderlee, they are great.

The junk train had soooooo many neat goodies. I had a ball going thru them all. Unfortunately there was one casualty in shipping. A large green bowl got shattered, even tho it was padded very well. It couldn't be saved, not even for mosaicing. Curved, and loads of sharp little pieces. (OUCH) I did try to salvage a goblet type part that was on it, I'll see if that might glue on a totem.

I'm in the planning stages of a crystal one and a green one...and the Junk Train had items for both of these for me.

Plus a couple of things for my Fairy Garden! When Tenderlee showed us her treasures, there was a little glass bluebird that I loved. Well guess what? I got one too!!!

How cool is that!

Of course I'll take photos. I have to figure out how to entertain JT tomorrow. She's already demanding some things just because she's here in AZ. Guess she thinks its still the Wild West. I told her she can NOT have boots and a gun.

Put my foot down there! Now she wants a Ten Gallon Stetson.

Jeeez. Spoiled brat.

I didn't know she traveled in a PURPLE bag, and has quite the box of jewelry with her. A real Princess, our little girl. LOL

My DIL was visiting when JT arrived, so I told her about the Junk Train and showed her the notebook. Suzie just loved it and thought it was great.

{{gwi:77274}}

Comments (14)

• kirkus
    15 years ago

YAHOOOOO! The Junk Train and JT are in Phoenix! WHAT FUN! Maybe JT can help with the painting of your house! :o) I'm sorry a piece was broken...several plates came terribly broken when we received it...glass doesn't do too well in the box unfortunately... Sounds like you still have some GREAT treasures! Can't wait to see JT again and your pickings from the box! Olivia is anxious to see JT too! :o) HAVE FUN!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

What do you mean JT can't have boots? I can understand the gun part...but boots? How is she going to ride a Whippet without boots?!!

I can hardly wait to see pictures of what JT does during her visit with you and what you choose from the box!! You got a glass bird...wonderful!!

~Sandy~

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Purplemoon--just keep JT out of the Wild West saloons! LOL Know she will have a great time at your house--and lots of fun company with the whippets and kitties too. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

JT has also been told NO BEER. I know, I know, I'm no fun.
    She went to bed pouting I'm sure.
    LOL

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I'm so glad that JT is having fun in Arizona! I agree with Sandy on the boots. I too can see why you said no to the gun....and the beer...but every cowgirl needs a pair of boots and a hat. I can't wait to see pics of your treasures and the fun that you and JT have.

~Micki~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Does she at least get to have her picture taken on a cactus!! Well maybe not on one that may hurt!! LOL!! I can't wait to see photos of your treasures. Wonder where she's headed next.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Does she get a "bikini?" My gosh, she is in AZ! Should be lounging at the pool...drinking "Diet Pepsi," please! No beer, no salons...but the cowgirl boots! Awesome! She definitely needs boots...maybe in TX, if not in AZ!

Have fun with JT! Love the glass bluebird! You and TennesseeT are so lucky! Great GJ...enjoy! Showed my GD our JT pics, too...thanks purplemoon, for posting JT's portfolio!!! Jeanne S.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

I had to wimp-out on the Junk Train because of finances. Hubs and I are having to be extra tight until May.

If JT was coming to visit her Aunt Susie in North Dallas/FortWorth TEXAS she could deffinately have a GUN and her own average citizen Sherrif's Star. Every self-preserving Cowgirl needs a gun. Remember we shoot first and ask questions later out here. LOL We believe in the death penalty right while the crime is happening. Why wait for Jury Duty, Right? Get-er-done!!!

Now LAUGH or I'll shoot. -Susie/in TEXAS

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

So glad that JT arrived in AZ! I know she'll have fun...even without the beer! Can't wait to see your treasures!!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Wow, you got it fast! Sure hate to hear that the green bowl didn't make it. If I could have done it over, I would have just sent it to you separately, because it was a great totem piece that I wanted you to have. It was a bowl within a bowl, I think it was a shrimp cocktail dish. It looked like a wide mushroom upside down.

As you said Karen, it was padded well, so I wouldn't advise sending any large glass pieces. So glad the smaller ones made it okay! The rocks and everything were really padded, and the box was so full nothing would shift, so I can't help but wonder if some disgruntled postal worker just threw the thing down because it was so heavy! LOL ... awwwwww no one would do that would they? hehe (no offense Micki, we know you'd never go "postal" LOL)

And the two copper-ish pieces that I kept ... the only reason I kept them was in order to fit that green glass bowl into the box! ..... errrr .... live and learn ;-) ... but I promise to use them!

Just saw the pics of JT visiting Phoenix! She is having a great time! Loved the pics!!!

Oh and the glass bluebird ... isn't is just beautiful!? I hated to bust up a set of two, but now one lives in Chattanooga and one in Phoenix! So glad you like it, and I appreciate the person who put them into the JT box, they ended up in two different loving homes!

I'm so glad your're having fun the the Junk Train, Karen! Looking forward to seeing where it's headed next .... North, South, East, or West!? Hugs ~tenderlee

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tenderlee, gosh, I bet that green bowl would have been a super mushroom. I did salvage the smaller part of it and hopefully can use it on another totem tho. I know you must've wanted to keep the bluebird pair, I was SO lucky you decided to share one tho. I just love it.

I'm not sending anything big and breakable, but am sending some breakable stuff along with a couple of heavy pieces. So I will cross my fingers they arrive ok. A friend gave me a tip for mailing fragile stuff in boxes too, she uses plastic containers to put them in first. So I might try that with something. And some of the tiny bags of things that were in the Junk Train I might put in a larger bag so they don't get 'smushed'. LOL

I hope to send JT and goodies off on Tues, or Wed at the latest. I just hope all I want to send FITS in the box, LOL. I'm getting carried away again.

SusieRose, that is so disappointing you can't have JT visit.
    It would have been great to see what you did with her. Maybe if you got on the TAIL-END of the line, by then you could squeeze the shipping cost from your budget. I sure wish you could, but I know this isn't a good time for you.
    Will keep sending prayers for that to change.

JT will be heading to cold country again, IOWA is her next destination!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

If JT is still riding the trail after May 1st I'll get back on board.

Aren't ya'll afraid I'll ruin her down here in cattle country. Let's see what all could we do together?.....

1. I can take her to pose on a 'cow patty'. Then she could leave her foot imprint in it so we will always remember her visit. We have Fabreeze ya know.

2. She could ride a bucking rooster.

3. Hubs could play 'fish tackle' with her. Can she swim?

4. The Poodle and the Yorkie would love to play tug of war with her (she'll have to be a good sport about it though).

5. We could take her to the Barn Dance Steak House (Parker Bros. Steak House) down the road. Hope she doesn't mind her steak RARE and softly mooing.

1. She could go for a ride in my dryer. Afterall I'm the infamous lady who dried my cat one time. Cotton Cycle.

7. Target practice may be entertaining for us...er her. I can sew up the holes in her fur with my sewing machine.

8. She can lounge in our bird fountain if she is not afraid of hawks.

9. I could use the help mixing my compost pile.

1. She could climb my rose bushes!!! The thorns look like little steps.

Oh yeah, send her to me. We'll toughen her up. She'll be packing her own holster and gun and a few scars when she leaves here. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Susie/TEXAS

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Uuuummm, don't hate me, but I've already got a pair of cowgirl boots & hat for JT to borrow for when she arrives here in my part of Texas. And, if SusieRose hasn't caught the train by the time JT gets here, we're coming up Susie!
    Purple: enjoy your time with "our" little girl. Spoil her rotten, spoil her rotten, like all little girls should be!
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vicki, I posted another photo I took today of JT in my picture thread, along with the goodies I kept.

SusieRose, you'd stick this sweet little "thang" in COW POOP? Your part of TX sounds like it may be awfully rough on her! LOL.

Well, I've got to get busy on my journal page and pack the box. Whew, hope JT left me enough energy for all that.
    We took it easy today, rather she did. I was busy (she's not much on helping out with REAL work. She's a party girl)