Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

prayers needed

nanagrandma
14 years ago

Hi Everyone

Haven't been posting much and have't been creating either. But the weather is finally warmer and my old bones and muscles are lubricating as I post!

I am asking prayers for my ex-son-in-law Bob Towery, he is the father of my grandchildren, as some of you may remember we lost my 20 year old grandson Ryan 4 years ago due to an drunk driver, Bob is his father. My granddaughter Monique was devasted losing Ryan and now her Dad has color cancer, he had major surgery and will be starting Chemo this week. He tells me that talking to me gives him comfort. I told him that when I asked you all for prayers during my bout with cancer it worked, especially cheering me up with my "Healing Tree" which is still up in my living room.

So again I am asking for prayers for Bob. Thank You so much!

God Bless You All

NanaGrandma Sylvia

Comments (15)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

nana...Prayers for Bob...miracles can happen! And prayers of comfort for your DGD, Monique. I am familiar with colon cancer thru my parents...and both my parents had extended time added to their lives because of good doctors, nurses, friends, family and God's care. Take good care of yourself, also, nanagrandma. From your GJer friend, Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Nana, you have been through so much. I hope this time it won't be too hard on the family. Bob will be in my prayers & his daughter & his drs & medical team. Glad the surgery is behind him. Glad you are there for him & Monique, important to have good support as you well know!! Hugs, Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Another Bob with colon cancer! Well let's see what we can do about that. Prayers go out to him, your granddaughter and his medical team. I hope he has a surgeon as gift at getting out all the cancer as my Bob's! Thank goodness he has someone like you to offer him support and comfort. Bless you, Sylvia!

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are all doing ok. My prayers will be with you. I will also pass the word this week at my Bible study group and ask them all to pray for Bob and all of your family. My love is with you.

Micki

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Nana, I am very sorry that your family has even more to deal with. Prayers for all of you.

heart hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Prayers coming your way Sylvia!

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You for your prayers. Bob is really suffering, his abdomen fills up with fluid causing excruiating pain, they took 10 liters out the first time than 4 days later they had to take out 4 liters. He may have more tumors in his abdomen which may be causing this. He has not started the chemo yet because they thought he had an infection so they put him in hospital again and gave him heavy antibiotics the same kind they gave me it is called vancomycin. He sees the doctor on Tuesday and maybe he will start chemo this week.
    I am asking all of my Garden Junk Prayer Warriors for prayer for Bob, my grandson Robbie and granddaughter Monique.

God Bless You All

Sylvia/NanaGrandma

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

God bless your Gkids & Bob, nanagrandma...continuing prayers coming your way. This is such a wicked disease & I hope Bob's chemo can be started soon...sounds like he has good care & compassionate people surrounding him. Take care of yourself, also, nanagrandma. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Prayers for the family & your family & that they can start the chemo soon. So hard on everyone hope the chemo will get it under control. Hugs & continuing prayers. Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Sylvia I'm sure that you are a great comfort to Bob. Your poor grand daughter. How devasting. Prayers from me too!
    Kathy

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for your prayers. Bob had one chemo session but than they put him back in the hospital because he had stomach blockage. Both his stomach and lymph nodes fill up with fluid and he has to go to hospital to have them drained. He had another chemo treatment yesterday, they are hoping that chemo will stop the fluid build up. Needless to say he is in a lot of pain. Thank you all for your prayers.
    I hate this awful disease!

Luvya All

NanaGrandma/Sylvia

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear the fluid build-up is slowing the chemo treatments down. Hope if he can get through few more it will stop fluid build-up so he can be more comfortable. Continued prayers for his family & yours. Hugs, Jan

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Prayers continuing.....

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

More prayers for Bob! Poor guy, I hope they get the fluid under control so he has one less discomfort to contend with. Please keep us updated.