Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Has Spring Sprung?

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

It has been a rough time around here this past month. The stress from mailcount at work sent my kindeys into a tizzy. It has been a month of not feeling well and a lot of pain. This past Thursday I went in for routine tests and monthly shot. I left the office very scared and without the shot. My blood tests showed a very elevated white blood cell count. I had to go in on Friday after work for a lot more tests. The doctor brought up the dreaded word...Cancer. She was afraid that the cancer had come back in my kidneys. Last night was one of the longest of my life. I called Chris to tell him and to cry on his shoulder. He was ready to hop the next flight home last night. I told him to wait until we knew what was going on. This morning at about 10 am, my doctor called with some of my test results. She had put a rush on them so that she wouldn't have to wait til Monday for the results. The news was good. No cancer. My white cell count was a result of a couple of things. I have a serious kidney infection....but nothing that an antibiotic won't take care of. I am also fighting the flu...just haven't developed the symptoms...and my body is rejecting the base of the shot that they give me each month. It is the fluid that they float the enzyme in that I have to have to keep my kidneys going. They aren't sure what is going to be the perfect solution for this one yet, but they are going to try to withdraw some of my blood and put the enzyme into that and then give me the blood back. Since it wasnt't the actual enzyme that I had the reaction to, they think this will be the best solution.

I'm not sure if it was the beautiful sunshine today, the sound of the birds chirping outside my bedroom window, or the doctor's news, but I got up with a lot of energy and accomplished a lot...

It was a gorgeous day here in Michigan today! The sun was shining and it was actually warm enough to start working in the garden. Obviously it is too early to plant anything outside here yet, but I still got a lot done. I put all of my teacup feeders out and filled them. I also made sure that the feeder that has been out all winter was full. Everywhere I went in the garden, the birds were darting away. They were truely enjoying the free dinner and the water. After that I placed all of my plate flowers in the garden. They are the only color out there yet. It made the garden a little more cheerful. I wanted to put my totems out but haven't decided where I want them yet. I can't remember where I have plants and don't want to set them on anything. I will wait til things start to green up out there before I set those in place.

I also mixed some quickcrete and filled a bunny shaped mold. Hopefully I will be able to paint it and tuck it in the garden. I also put some glass into the kiln. If all works well with that, it will turn into a butterfly feeder. After all of that I came into the house and pulled out some glass pieces that I hope to build a bird bath with. I couldn't get to it today because I didn't have any GE II. I will have to go tomorrow to get some of that. I have had spring fever for a while now. Today was just what I needed. It was a good day.

~Micki~

Comments (12)

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

micki
    sounds like a great day
    glad to hear.
    debby

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Micki, I'm so glad the doctor's didn't find the big C! Now I hope they are able to figure out what is going on with your white blood cell count and get you as good as new for spring!

I hear ya about the flu thing. I have to get a flu shot every year because of my asthma. I have been very lucky for the past 15 years that I have been getting flu shots. This past week I felt like I was coming down with a cold. I started drinking about a quart of orange juice every morning and I only felt crappy for one day. Everyone else at work has had miserable colds/flu so I consider myself lucky.

Like you, I always feel better when the weather is nice. Wasn't it nice of me to send this warm weather over the big pond to you in Michigan? he-he I was so thrilled when I saw a robin the other day. I always consider their return to be the harbinger of spring. Forget that groundhog business! Robins eat bugs so they have to know the right time to return. Let's hope this warm weather lasts until next winter!

Kathy

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Bless you Micki! I am so thankful that all will be well with you afterall. Thank God For You and your care of others. Tickled to hear about the weather in MI. There is always so much hope that comes with Spring.

Susie

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Micki
    I haven't been on the computer for a while, but tonite couldn't get to sleep so thought I would take a look and there was your post. Thank You Sweet Jesus for good news.
    Wow you sure got a lot done today, I haven't been out too much because I am still tired and hurting. My thigh where they took the tissue for my head is a long cut and they told me it would swell up well it did but it is uncomfortable too. But everyday I get a little better.

Everything is starting to bloom. I can see outside from my bedroom and living room.
    Before I got sick I had made some totems but never posted them as soon as I can I will photo them, they have been out all winter and they survived, of course we have no snow here.

I did decorate the tree, IT IS SO PRETTY! Have to take photo of it too.

Oh Micki it was so nice of Chris to want to come over right away sounds like he is a keeper. Considerate of your doctor to hurry the results and give you the good news.

Luvya

Sylvia

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I would say YES, Spring has Sprung for sure! Bless you Micki! My heart was in my throat reading your post, and with each sentence it was like the sun was slowly coming thru. Then the lilt in your voice was a beautiful as any songbird. And the way you threw yourself into creating so much beauty showed how fully you were celebrating LIFE. I am so proud of you, and admire you so much.

To hear you've been in terrible pain and feeling so bad for so long, and knowing how you'd come here and give so much to all of us....I only wish we'd had a way to help you!

I can't wait to see photos (especially that BUNNY mold, LOL).
    May you always be surrounded in beauty.
    {{gwi:126815}}hugs, Karen

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH Smickers I'm so glad your results were good news, but sorry your fighting off other things...God Bless you Smickers and I pray HE touches your body for the things that are going on now...And that HE gives you bright sunshine for your soul...

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Oh, Micki...my heart stalled when I read the first part of your post!! I can only imagine how frightened you were.

How wonderful that your tests came back showing no cancer!! You surely have had a rough time lately, but I pray you'll be stronger and feeling better with each passing day!

You certainly have been busy!! You go girl!! We're coming into the best part of the year...when everything comes back to life. Enjoy!

I pray putting the enzyme in your blood first works well. God bless you!

~Sandy~

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Glad you had good news and you're springing into new life,
    inside & out.
    Vickie

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Whew, I was scared there for a minute, too! I'm so glad it was better news! I love spring, my sap rises with the trees and I get energized,too :D

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Take care of that infection & get well soon!! Sometimes these great tests scare us half to death,glad your dr. cares & got them through quickly. My GF is in hospital & got the good news today no more cancer, overies & tubes out after uterus lining had cancer from surgery month ago. Then heart acted up but finally out of ICU. Sylvia, so glad you are back online!! Is your face looking "normal" again yet, imagine you have had couple of black eyes? Hope you have some hair growing back as that always makes you feel better altho some people look great bald all the time. Easier to take care of bald head than unruly hair!!LOL Mine is all over the place. Glad you got your tree decorated & will enjoy seeing your pics!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Oh Micki!!! I had missed this post until this morning. I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!! Glad that you won't be back to battling the cancer and that the meds will heal the infection! You take care of yourself and take it easy....kidney infections can take a lot out of you by themselves. Hope the doctors can come up with a quick solution to the enzyme problem too!

(((BIG HUG)))
    Marlene

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Thank You,Lord!
    I am so glad you did not have cancer, Micki!
    Take care!
    Prayers!