Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Sad News ...

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

I befriended debbymd aka Debby Weber on Facebook. We used to play Farmville together regularly. Then a few months ago, she stopped playing and stopped posting on her Facebook page. I kept trying to find out what happened to her by posting here, emailing her and posting on her Facebook page. I knew she was battling cancer but I hoped for the best. I even looked up her address in Maryland. I was going to send her a note figuring if it was the wrong Debby, they wouldn't mind but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Today I got a note from someone who knew her and saw my message asking about her on her Facebook page. She used to work with Debby and found out that Debby passed away yesterday. If you would like to sign the guest book at the funeral home, the link is below. Her real name was Debra Ann Weber.

I feel so bad that I only knew her in cyberland. It just goes to show how close you feel to people despite only knowing them on the internet. It's like you all are my family! I am so glad her co-worker saw my message!

At least she is free of pain and at peace. I hope she is in a lovely garden somewhere pleasantly warm creating lovely garden junk to her heart's content.

Here is a link that might be useful: Funeral Home - Look For Debra Ann Weber

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is very sad she lost her battle with cancer. I am truly sorry to hear it. And that you've lost a friend.
    I don't think the 'cyber' part makes one bit of difference when we care about someone. We don't have to meet them in real life for friendships to bloom. I know that my friends here are as real as any I've ever had.

I too hope Debby is in a lovely garden now...a beautiful thought, Luna.

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    13 years ago

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Debby did the Secret Santa Exchange when I first organized it. She had posted the following shortly after that time when I posted a Roll Call... I'll miss her. Big Bear Hugs, Kirk

ok kirk you asked.
    i've been lurking here for yrs.started looking for help with my pond. boy this is hard you guys and girls keep me going.as my page says i am a mother of 2 ds 32 & 22 they are great kids. this is hard to sayout load.to bring a long story short 2 yrs ago in november i was told i had stage 4 breast cancer that spread. ok that was hard so being home alone alot now wich is so hard for a person that is the strong one in the family.to keep a strong outlook.and few to talk to. this site keeps me laughing and crying.ok thats enough for now this gj family is the best.
    kirk you hae away about you that can make the strongest to let it out. thanks

debby

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost a friend just recently to cancer and I would like to share a little poem her family included at her services.

Cancer can destroy the physical body.......BUT
    What Cancer
    CANNOT Do
    It CANNOT.......
    invade the soul
    suppress memories
    kill friendship
    destroy peace
    conquer the spirit
    shatter hope
    cripple love
    corrode faith
    silence courage
    steal eternal life.

I also believe she is in a lovely garden free from worries and pain.

Thanks kirk for sharing her thoughts with the rest of us.

Thank you Luna for letting us know about your friend. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and her family.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Oh Luna, I am so sorry to hear about your friend Debby. May she rest in the arms of Jesus and know no more pain.

I also have many internet friends whom I cherish. They are family!

Hugs. Chelcass

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting us know.
    I signed the guest book, like some of the
    others from here.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Thank you, luna...such good friends we make here on the GJ forum, in times of fun & times of need...am happy you followed up your search. And, Kirk, thank you for re-posting that message. Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I was Debby's FB and FV friend as well and had tried to find someone on there who might know what had happened. I'm sorry that she has passed, but I also know she had been through so much and is at peace now. Thanks Luna for posting the info.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Luna, So sorry to hear Debby passed away. Hard to lose a friend whether you see them from time to time or "know them" online. I have a couple of good friends I write as they took BCC from me & even tho I've never met them I've "been with them" through illnesses & divorce(& remarrying him) so we are friends as much as if we have lunch together daily. I think it is easier to be closer on line as your friends & neighbors are often wrapped up in their lives & you don't see them much. My neighbor that moved & I are much closer since she is in Fla. Prayers for you & her family, glad you were able to find out what happened. Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

So sorry. It s hard to lose a friend. It sounds like she was appreciated by you and others and knew it. I like the thought that she is in a beautiful garden.
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I didn't realize I had her nick incorrect ... it was debby_md. I often feel bad because people like her try to put up a brave front and not share their health problems with others. One of the reasons I truly appreciate this forum is because people here genuinely care about one another and don't put people off when they have health or other personal problems. I just wish we had known more about her so we could have prayed for her and offered her more comfort. Thanks to many of you who signed the guest book at the funeral home. I'm sure her sons will appreciate knowing how much Debby was liked. I bet we are some of the few people she could count as friends towards the end and who kept her company. Thanks to all of you for having such kind and caring hearts!

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting us know Luna.I know you were trying your best to find out how she was doing and missed her on FB.She was also one of my FV neighbors.I am blessed with all my web friends and we all do care alot about each other.The beginning of this year has had alot of had times for alot of my friends on the web.And garden junkers do have big caring hearts.Thanks Luna.

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County