Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

My Wife Carol's Creations

kirkus
14 years ago

My wife Carol is too modest to share her creations, so I'm going to do it for her! :o) I am so proud of her, and she always motivates me to create! I LOVE MY WIFE!

Below is a baby quilt Carol made for our expected granddaughter, due around April 19th! Isn't it cool?! Our son Tyler and his wife are stationed in Italy in the Army so we won't see Holley Brielle for some time... As a side note, nmgirl (aka Sylvia) on the forum sent Carol boxes of fabric and the border and backing uses the fabric she sent! Again, thank you Sylvia! All of the other fabric are scraps from other projects!

{{gwi:126821}}

These are letters Carol made for Olivia's room. She bought wood letters at Michaels and painted the borders a cool blue. Then, she used Mod Podge to attach scrapbook paper to the letters. Olivia loves the letters! I do too! Thanks for letting me brag about my wife! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:126822}}

{{gwi:126823}}

Comments (18)

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Carol, You are a WONDERFUL quilter!!!! A few years ago I was on the kick of making pillows for nieces and nephews. But now my sewing machine and station are covered with yarn and fabric. I MAY just have to pull that area out especailly over the summer and get busy.

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your FIRST Grandchild!!!! WOW!!!! I didn't even know Tyler was married and living in Italy!....Keep us posted when the wonderful event happens.

Love, Jules

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

I have to agree, Carol is a very talented lady and does beautiful work. I am always so touched Kirk because you praise and love your wife so much. You are a real peach and I think the world of you both.

Donna in Florida

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I'm sure it will become a family heirloom.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Lovely! and what a great idea for the letters.
    kathy

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Carol, I have always wanted to do a quilt, but have always shied away from it. I love this quilt you have made. It is special. And the letters are sweet. I have the same ones for my Zoe, but have yet to do anything with them. Great job.

Kat

• leveta
    14 years ago

You have every right to brag...She does wonderful work...

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Carol, I love your work. You are very talented and an inspiration to me. Please share more of your creations with us.
    Kirk, it is so wonderful to hear the love you have for Carol in your words. You have every reason to be proud of the work she does.
    Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your first grandchild. You both will be the best grandparents ever. Ther is so much love inside of both of you. and Congratulations to Tyler and his wife. If they are anything like you, the baby they will be wonderful parents.

~Micki~

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I not only envy your creations -- I envy the time you find to do all that !

LOL

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

You can brag about Carol anytime Kirk!

Carol~
    I am always in awe of your wonderful quilt creations! My grandmother quilted and I never learned the craft, but I do love looking at other's work. Your granddaughter's quilt is just lovely and I'm sure your son and DIL will treasure it! And I love Olivia's letters. Very, very cool! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Every bit as lovely as Carol herself is. The quilt colors are just wonderful, and Olivia's name is darling.
    Then there's the love and pride you have for your wife....
    it always touches my heart.

This post was a nice way to start my Easter, thank you.

{{gwi:77274}}

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Those are beautiful creations that Carol made!!!! Thanks for sharing those Kirk! It is so nice to see a husband so proud of his wife!!!!(-:

• nonacook
    14 years ago

All carol's things are wonderful! We just want to SEE!
    My Grandmother quilted. I never have...
    I can remember her quilting frame hanging on her porch.
    It was on a pulley so she could raise it to the ceiling, and lower it.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Thank you for sharing Carol's quilting art! That new "blankie" will warm the heart of many...beautiful! And the scrappin' paper on the letters looks awesome...will pass that idea on to my grandchildren. Always fun to look at your projects, Carol & Kirk! Jeanne S.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Love the letters too I did some waaaaay back when with read and blue bandannas and mod podge,I think the letters weere plaster though.Quilt is Gorgeous.My DIL is expecting her first this summer and she quilts.
    She asked to have the shower in my yard/garden. They will be placing quilts on the ground to sit on like in old fashion days. Hope someone will be able to pull us all OFF the ground!

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Congratualtions on becoming Grandparents! Such joy and love Holley Brielle will receive from such loving GP's
    Carol your quilt is so beautiful!
    I have always admired quilters, their patience in designing putting it together, sewing each piece so that it comes together with such artistry.
    Olivia's name is darling!

Kirk I love it when Hubby's beam with love and pride at their beautiful wifes and of course their creative talents!

God Bless You both
    Con el favor de Dios

NanaGrandma

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Holley is blessed to have great grandparents with lots of talents that you can help pass on to her!! Beautiful quilt, should keep all of their little ones warm as yrs go by. Congrats!! Oliva letters turned out so beautifully, she is a special little girl with a very talented mom!! Nice to see & hear about a loving couple in this troubled world! Jan

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

kirk
    you go ahead and brag
    all you want. carol is so
    great at her craft.
    and congrats on new baby

debby

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Congratulations on your upcoming joy. Beautiful color combinations in the quilt. Obviously made with love.
    Olivias name is beautiful also. Great to see so much love blooming in a family....Judy

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz