Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

My Healing Holiday Tree

nanagrandma
15 years ago

Tonight I was having some severe head pain probably from the surgery, then I walked over to my Holiday Tree and starting touching each ornament you created, my DH started inspecting them and he said "How did they make this one, wow these people are really creative" I started to cry because I thought there are many good people in this world and God put me on the Forum because he knew I would need this particular artistry to help me through a rough time.

Kudzu sent me a bonnet to wear over my bald head and when I was decorating the tree I thought it must be a Tree Skirt, but for a pick me up I donned the bonnet to make me feel funny and happy

You want to see what I look like it covers my baldness really good

{{gwi:126829}}

I put on a butterfly and a pair of earrings and I starting smiling

Just Had to share this with you I am now calling it

My Healing Holiday Tree

{{gwi:126830}}

With your artistic hands you are healing me!

Thank You Again from the bottom of my heart! Especially Micki for coordinating the whole event!

God Bless each one of you and if you are hurting please feel my prayers sent your way!

Sylvia

NanaGrandma

Comments (19)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sylvia, You are "Workin' That Hat". You look amazing!!!! That hair will grow back but for now I like the fancy hat. You look like a Zigfield Girl or one of the Rockettes! Bling Away! Susie

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sylvia you are looking wonderful. I like the bonnet...and I love the smile. I am so glad that the Healing Holiday Tree is helping you get through the hard times. That is exactly what I was hoping for as we were getting things together for you. I know how much my pillow meant to me while I was healing...and it still means as much to me now that I am doing good...(I still sleep with it every night like a child's teddy bear). I am so happy that the gifts put a smile on your face even when you are hurting. I know that you are feeling our love and prayers when you look at the tree.

Keep getting better with each day...I know you will be alright because God is there with you.

~Micki~

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Sylvia You look wonderful! Like a Tsarina was my thought and here's a pic as proof!

{{gwi:126831}}

kathy

• leveta
    15 years ago

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!

• cait1
    15 years ago

How radiant you look!!
    Prayers for your continued healing.
    Happy Easter!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Glad that you are enjoying the things!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Ok, I am crying and smiling. You look BEAUTIFUL in your lovely hat and radiant smile. Your words about the healing tree just touched my heart so deeply.
    I am sorry the pain was so bad, I hope days like this are few and far between as you heal. You are a miracle in my book, and so is your Healing Tree.

{{gwi:126832}}

drying my keyboard now,
    hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I am so glad that the ornaments are helping to cheer you and give you strength to get through this difficult time. Keep thinking positive and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Thank you for sharing! You are such an inspiration to many! I see joy in your face. Carol and I continue to keep you in our prayers! God bless you, Sylvia! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

You're looking good!

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

You're glowing, Sylvia :D I'm so glad you're enjoying the ornaments and the crown, and I hope you're pain free very,very soon!
    kudzu

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

So glad our ornaments are helping you feel better Sylvia! You are looking good in your hat too! And your smile is an inspiration.....we are keeping you in our prayers!

Continued blessings~
    Marlene

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

nanagrandma...I love kids' books! (ahhh, my last career was a Youth Librarian Asst)...anyway, one of my fav bks that I bought (& beautifully illustrated with children in Victorian style) is called "Each a Piece" by Bruce Brooks (Elena Pavlov, illustr)1998. Your healing tree posting reminded me of this book.

"A piece of the moon
    a part of the sky ... two words from a tune
    a dog passing by
    a ball that was thrown
    by a hand far way
    the sunlight that shone
    long ago in the day
    the shape of some blocks that fell in a heap
    the stretch of a yawn...that leads on to sleep-
    Each piece is a part
    of more left to find
    and whatever's missing-
    is all in your mind."

nanagrandma...may you find more peaceful days ahead..& may the healing tree continue to play a part in your comfort. Jeanne S.

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

You are rockin' that bling Girrrrl!!!!

More prayer going your way!

Keep on grinning!

One Day At A Time!

~~Mimi

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

You look wonderful, Sylvia! And the healing tree looks pretty too. I am so glad it is giving you joy and comfort. I'm also happy to see that your awesome sense of humor and gorgeous smile are still intact!

Kathy

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Jeanne, thank you for sharing from that book. I am saving this, its wonderful.

And Concrete Kathy, Sylvia DOES look like that Tsarina!
    Great illustration you shared.

hugs, Karen

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank You everyone for re-affirming how wonderful you all are!
    I always enjoy the illustrations you send along with your posts wish I knew how to do that too? Tsarina Wow my crown (Thanks Kudzu and Kathy) does make me BLING! My favorite thing. Oh by the way I wore it for Easter every one loved it! LOL

PurpleMoom reading your post made my eyes mist all over again!

Jeanne that poem is so beautiful, I just had a wonderful idea I will type and print it up and frame it to put over my Healing Tree.

My sweet Micki thank you for your response you are one loving lady. Have happy dreams with your pillow tonite!
    By the way did you get your postal car/cart?

Luvya Guys
    And I know with all your prayers and kind thoughts I will heal!

Sylvia/NanaGrandma
    Con el favor de Dioa

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I'm amazed you look so good & I don't see any scar on your nose!! They did a great job!!You look so cute in your hat hard to believe all you have been through!! You have the best smile,I'll bet that is what your hubby fell for 1st!! Did he spot you across a room & come over & introduce himself?? Sorry you still have some bad days but that will soon be over as you finish healing! Glad you were able to enjoy Easter with the family!! Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Hope they will let me put this on. I posted 2 desserts i made for you over on the Desserts forum!! Lemon Tarts (pecan too) &Choc. Sheath cake -I have tried several- like this 1 best! If sodium is problem choc cake is 78 mg for 1/20 th of cake,lemon tarts are very low for the filling but the cr cheese crust has more so you could roll them even thinner or just leave crust. If dough is too soft cover & refrigerate for little while. Enjoy! Jan Oh, I didn't put oatmeal cake on, it has walnuts, coconut, pecans, milk & br. sugar broiled topping & is a very old family favorite, do you want it too?