Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

wondering about some old GJ friends....

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I have missed seeing posts from Susiewantsroses and Smickerdoodle. I wondered if you any of you have heard from them and know how they are. I was away from here too much last year and don't know if I missed any posts by them or about them.

They are both special gals and I miss 'seeing' them.

hugs, Karen

Comments (29)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Karen~

I'm friends with both Susie and Micki on facebook and see posts from them there. They don't post here very often anymore and I miss seeing their creations. Susie just had a major storm in her area and is cleaning up after that. I haven't heard from Micki in a while, but maybe they'll see your post here and comment. I know that she has a shop on Etsy and does here stained glass creations on there.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting this, PM...good to hear, Marlene! They are missed...two great GJers! Also wondering about "susiesunshine"...she always put a smile on my face when I read her comments! And another lady (I can't remember her name)...in FL, I think & PM, you made a special nutcracker for her DH in the SS gift you sent her...she was such a fun GJer on here! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marlene, thank you. I don't do Facebook (or twitter) but glad you do and know both are ok. Susierose kept me laughing with her posts and Smick has such amazing strength of spirit. Both were imspiring, and fun.

Jeanne, you are talking about use2bcapecodr...in Ohio. That is my good friend, Sandy, and she is doing pretty good for the most part. Dealing with a winter like you've had too. I think she will come back one of these days.

I guess Life just sometimes gets in the way. I know its hard to post, for me personally, when I haven't made anything in so long. I'm always here checking on folks, and I usually also check the other side to see what's being created and 'meet' new members.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

You know who I miss? Susiesunshine! I wonder where she is. Remember her fun posts? She lived in Illinois, not real far from me. I always wanted to make arrangements to meet her. I wonder if she ever made it back to her home state Texas since she didn't like our cold winters up here.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luna, I'll have to ask Sandy about her. I think they are email friends.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

YES, PM! "use2bcapecodr"...thank you! I'm glad you are in touch w/her! I loved her comments! & I remember her & Smicker met in person to do some TS'ing!

I mentioned "susiesunshine" above, too, luna! I hope she got back to her beloved state of TX! Nice to hear from (or about) our GJer friends! Jeanne S.

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

Hi Karen and everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't posted lately. I really haven't been online. I fell in December while delivering mail, and tore my rotator cuff and broke the bone right where the tendon attaches to it. It is my right arm and I am right handed. The bone has healed and I had surgery last week Wednesday to repair the tendon in my rotator cuff. Now I am unable to use my arm at all for 30 days. After that I get the fun (and pain) of physical therapy for 3-4 monthes before I get to go back to work on light duty. I will try to check in more as my arm heals. I probably won't be able to make any art any time soon. Right now it is pretty much tv and reading.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ahhh, Smick, I'm so sorry to hear about your arm. Why do these things always happen to side you need most! Grrr.
    Thank you so much for checking in here. And I'm sorry I've been out of touch with you so long. I got very bad about losing contact with some special people the past year while caring for my Dad.
    I sure hope the PT pain isn't too horrible, tho I know the Physical Terrorists say no pain, no gain.

Take care of yourself, and know you are cared about and in prayers here.
    hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Micki, sorry to hear you injured your arm. I have friend that fractured humerus Feb. 25 & they put her in a straight jacket (someone else has to remove it from the back) Dr. said if it completely broke it would be much worse. She is in PT now & doesn't seem to be too bad. Your injury is worse as rotator cuff & tendon injury is not fun at all. Hugs & prayers for speedy & complete recovery!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Yikes! Glad to hear you are recuperating Micki! That doesn't sound fun at all. Thanks for checking in!

I get occasional emails from Sandy aka use2bcapecodr too. She has had her own health issues that made it difficult for her to be on the computer for very long.

I always worry about people like debbie_md who passed away earlier this year. I just hope most of the old GJ friends are just enjoying "real life" and doing well.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Smick...hugs to you!...well, not a real hug...that would hurt, of course! Take each day, kiddo...& let the kids (still kids, right?) help you out! Good to hear from you. Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I have been wondering if Sylvia is doing OK down by San Diego, she had the cancer & then so many tragic things happened. Has anyone heard from her? Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Sylvia is doing very well...in fact, I think she was just visiting with grandchildren! She's looking great and has been doing well. She's on facebook too! You gals need to jump on the FB train....that way you can keep up with all of us and those of the group who wander away for a while. Let's see...there are quite a few of us on there:

Kirkus
    Susiewantsroses
    Tennesseetrash
    Daisydal
    Goldenpond
    NanaK
    Smickerdoodle
    Chelcass
    Marlene_2008
    Robert and I'm sure I've missed some!

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

Wow! You have a few on facebook that I haven't talked to on there yet...will have to send out some friends requests...thank you for the list...

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry Marlene, but just can't bring myself to do Facebook.
    Not sure why, but something about it worries me and I'm never that way with computer sites. I guess if I wanted to track down old, very long ago friends I'd be tempted but no one in my past that I really want to reconnect with now. And I don't want to be the subject of searches either.
    (jeeez, makes me sound like one of those govt protected witnesses. LOL. Nothing so exciting in my Life tho)

hugs, Karen

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

I'm on FB too.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

On Facebook, you can have it set so only "Friends" can see your page. Any of your private information is not visible to the public. To become friends, you have to be accepted first. If you keep your settings private, it is harmless. I have some old time internet friends, Garden Junk friends and family on Facebook. It is a great way to keep in touch.

Marlene, I'm glad you know people's nicks. lol! There are some that I have no idea what their Garden Junk nicknames are.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Sorry about your arm problems Smick!
    I only had a pulled muscle in my (left) arm and that was bad enough!
    I have missed the others on the list as well. I also miss Lucy and her 'lucy-doodles'.
    And Cait is not on as much either.
    I'm with PM--I just can't make myself join facebook. I think it would take too much of my time. I spend entirely too much time on the computer (going to all sorts of blogs)now. And I only read my email about every 8-10 days....Life gets in the way sometimes!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

See....told you I'd miss some....NMgirl and Luna are both my FB friends too....50 something minds aren't what they used to be1 ;-)

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I'm on facebook, too. How can I invite the rest of you when I only know your garden junk nicknames?

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Hey Laura....send me an invitation and I'll send you back suggested friends....Marlene Kindred.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

This is from Susiewantsroses.....I don't think she would mind if I shared it with you.

Marlene, We are doing fine. Our lives are going to be full of constuction workers for a long time. No one was hurt so I really am kind of happy that so many people will be employed while the neighborhood gets an overhaul. We had $7800. worth of damage to our cars. The house will be evaluated this Wednesday. Who knew that 70 MPH winds blowing ice balls could do all this? I'll drop in to Garden Junk. I have not created anything in a year due to chronic fatigue which turned out to be TOO much Blood Pressure medicine. I've been a zombie for a long time. I started checking my blood pressure and found out what was going on.

I'm sorry those bulls messed up your garden. The hail storm chewed up all of my spring irises and daiseys and beat up my roses and a crape myrtle. My side courtyard is torn up, water plants, cannas, and all. All we can do is say that we still have time to plant more. Talk to ya later. Susie

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Sorry you got hit by storm Susie -loves -roses. I've been through 2 quakes so I know it is rough living with the messes. Rather have quakes tho, than water running through or house flying through the air. So sad especially the towns that got flattened. At least you are not alone in the neighborhood, helps to talk to each other & gets you through it better because"outsiders" don't have a clue what you are going through unless it has happened to them. Hope you are straightened out on BP medicine. Anyone on it should have their own BP machine/kit? so you can take it at home. Good way to find out if salt is a factor also. Take BP couple hours after salty meal & see if it shoots up each time, get rid of salt on table & check foods before you buy them. Frozen veggies can have almost no sodium or up to 1 day's worth in 1 serving, especially if they have a sauce. Jamie Oliver came to L.A. trying to get better food in schools- they don't want it. My kids collected wonderful fruit other kids wouldn't eat at their schools & that was 30 yrs ago. Now even private school my GK's go to have caved in & it's Pizza,McDonald's etc,all week. Sad,young kids have high BP now. Hope your roof isn't gone, can you use your kitchen? Good Luck with workers & hope you know some or they will really charge an arm and a leg! Jan

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Kudzu is another person that I miss!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Yes, Kudzu is certainly missed she is so talented & takes bits of lace & paper & jars & makes cute things-she was on the Crafts & Decorations forum a lot & I got a lot of ideas from her. I "know" that new grandbaby must take some naps so hope she comes on & says Hi! pic wouldn't hurt either! He must have grown a lot by now, also what happened to Tenn.trash with her GK's nearby,so many have gotten too busy probably just trying to keep family together & heads above water literally & figuratively (??)with the terrible weather so many have been getting. Hugs & prayers all our GJ's are OK! Jan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

How about "luckygal?" So enjoyed her beautiful posts!

And, like sunnyca, hugs & prayers to all who are in harm's way from this terrible week of storms! I complain about the cold, wet & windy days...but these other states are losing their lives, some losing homes & jobs, businesses...schools...just a MESS... in the horrendous tornadoes!

Hugs to excessfroufrou, too & hoping you are safe from harm. Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I'm worried about Kudzu too! I haven't seen any recent posts from her and her blog hasn't been updated in months. I'm hoping she is doing ok. She's on Facebook too but I haven't seen her on there either.

I'm with you, jeannespines! I keep moaning and groaning about our endless rain and lack of sunshine. I have to keep reminding myself that it won't kill me, destroy the house or my entire neighborhood. I really feel for those living in the south with the horrible weather and keep them in my prayers.

• Momof6
    12 years ago

I have not been here for a while..looked for my page I had created and it is no longer here...do they remove them after a while?...tia...mary

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I have no idea Mary. I would hope they'd hang onto them for years before zapping them. Glad to see you back!

For anyone on Facebook, I'm Kathleen Groh Levy. I have to forewarn you, I'm a Farmville fanatic so be sure to block posts from there if you don't play. lol

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!