Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugarmaple_gw

JT's in Ohio

sugarmaple
15 years ago

Well - JT arrived Wednesday - what a great postal system we have. So far she's been on her best behavior and has just been a doll! We had dental appointments after work and school on Thursday so she stayed home. I wish we had taken her because it was such a nice day (in the 60's) that we went to the beach (Lake Erie) afterward. Although it was very cold and windy there, my DH, DD and I collected some beach glass, pretty stones and some small driftwood to put on the junk train.

Speaking of the junk train, it was full of treasures! I haven't taken any pictures yet but that box is like a treasure chest. Now that it's the weekend I'll go through it a bit less greedily - I know I need to share - and then put in some great things I've found. One item I'll be happy to share with the next person on the list - who can that be? - is some ceramic tile that I found on the way home from school one day. Someone dumped a load of broken concrete on a vacant piece of property and I stopped to get some. On the other side of the pile was a dead bush with a pile of something else under it. I trudged through the mud in my good school shoes and - OMG - a pile of ceramic tiles! All were pieces already trimmed off of the other needed part but some were pretty good sized. And some broke but for mosaic that doesn't matter. So some of these will be included in the box. Well, no more clues who's next. Today, we're going to take some pictures of us visiting with JT and just enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Have a good weekend all. I'll post some photo's in a few days. JT is on her best behavior! Colleen

Comments (3)