Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

Move update and Junk Train question

nmgirl
15 years ago

Hey y'all!

Thanks for all of your kind inquiries into the upcoming move of your's truly. Here's an update for any who are interested.

We found a house two weeks ago in NM and have jumped through all the pre-purchase hoops. We close out there April 24, we close here in VA on May 8.

Snookie-ookums and myself are going to load a U-Haul next weekend, the 18-19th, drive it while trailering our daughter's car and be in NM for closing.He'll fly back to VA while I stay to arrange new flooring & paint in the new place. I'm driving back with my folks the first full week of May, they want to help us move.The movers are coming that week to get the big stuff and whatever we couldn't cram in the U-Haul. After closing in VA we're caravanning back to NM. Our daughter is staying one more week, she has finals.

After we arrive in NM I plan to collapse for a day or two, just on principle. Then the unpacking starts.

Whew!

Re: Junk Train question

In all my packing here in VA I've accumulated a few bits and bobs that I'd like to add to the JT. Is there anyone on the JT station list who I could send the stuff to? (Oh dear, I split an infinitive.) Post a reply here and I'll get the stuff heading your way! Remember we need to allow for transit time. It's takes at least week for anything to ship from this part of Va. Any takers?

See ya at the thrift store!

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Sounds like you will be busy, busy, busy! Best of luck with your move and I hope everything goes smoothly! We'll miss you here on the east coast, but know your are anxious to go home!

• akup_a
    15 years ago

What part of NM are ya heading? We go through Tahone(sp) Pass into Colorado when we go visit DH's family in Colorado Springs.
    I'd be glad to accept any & all your junk! Gardyloo!
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

NMgirl- Congratuations on the house!!!!!! Now the fun will begin. Choosing colors ect. Huge undertaking (been there, done that-got the backache). Remember that I cautioned you about lifting!!!!! Be careful on the road as well.

I am collecting mosaic pieces and would pay shipping if anyone has any they are disposing of.

P.S. I split my infinitive a long time ago and I'm the better for it. tee hee lol

susie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

NMgirl, that is so terrific about both houses and things being so co-ordinated like that. A lot of work for you, but I know you are excited.

Susierose, soon I'll be going thru my mosaic supply stash and probably will want to get rid of some since its sat for years and I've yet to learn how to mosaic. When I go thru it, I can take photos and send you to see if anything you might want. I've got mostly "bought" little mosaic tiles, but do have some pieces of talavera pottery that I bought as box of smashed up bits for mosaicing. Far more than I'd need I imagine. Let me know if you're interested.

And anyone who does bead work, I've also got to let go of most of them. I haven't made bead jewelry in years and probably won't again.

{{gwi:77274}}

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

nmgirl...great news! Thanks for the update! Think I've told you in my next life I'm to be tall, skinny & blond with creamy clear skin & live in NM! It's been my fav place to visit (only 3X in my life)...so, when you see a motorhome pull in to your new home...don't turn it away if it's a shorter, chubbier, gray-haired (brunette streaked) woman! Congrats, congrats!

purplemoon...I have beads & jewelry supplies in one cupboard here in my computer/craft one...not parting with it yet...I haven't made much in the last few yrs. (nor a WHOLE lot in the yrs before)...but I am interested in your supplies...I'll buy them (if they'll fit in my cupboard!) :-))) .... Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I'll go thru my stuff in the near future and let you know what I'm parting with. And send photos.

{{gwi:77274}}

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Doing the happy dance for you!! It's amazing how things fall into place when they are ment to be!!

Hey girls... sounds like we need to have a big get together so we can exchange parts for future projects that may or maynot get done!!!

Karen, add some of those bigger beads to your mosaic stash. I've been trying to find bigger ones to use on the wonder horse that's still not done. I spray painted him.....uummm I forget how long ago!! Hee! Hee!

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Congrats on the smooth transactions, nmgirl! Pretty soon you will have an NM zone after your name instead of VA! You have the closings worked out so well. Lucky girl! I hope your new home meets all your expectations and more! And thanks so much for getting the Junk Train back on track. I know we all love it!

Karen, you might want to hang onto some of those beads for your garden junking too. You can thread them on wire and use them to decorate a number of things or just have them dangling from chandeliers, hanging plants, etc. Or if you ever make any bottle bugs you can use them on the wings and for the eyes. They are fun for mosaicing too.

• huntermom
    15 years ago

nmgirl..I had an email that sometime soon JT would be coming my way....if you want to send stuff to me to add when I get it, let me know. Good Luck and Gods Blessings to you as you travel Edie (huntermom)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio