Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

Easter

nonacook
12 years ago

Happy Easter everyone.

I went to sunrise service this morning, and thought of the garden junk family. Since Bill died on April 24, Easter fell on the date of his death this year. You Folks were so good to send all the condolences, that I could not help but be blessed by remebering friends and being in a pavilion named for Bill and seeing the sun rise in the East. I never thought Easter would fall on the date of his death.

It was indeed a blessing to me!

Comments (7)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Happy Easter to you too! And to all of my other GJ friends....hope today will bring both blessings and thankfulness on all of our parts. God is good....all the time!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Happy Easter to you Nonacook! I hope the day eased your pain over missing Bill. I can tell by your posts that you sure loved that guy! Glad that the Lord could bring you comfort on a sad anniversary.

Happy Easter to the rest of the GJ gang too! Don't eat too many chocolate bunnies or easter eggs.

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

A HAPPY BLESSED EASTER TO ALL THE GANG ON THIS FORUM.
    WHAT A SPECIAL DAY AND THE MEANING IT HOLDS TO ALL CHRISTIANS. WE KNOW NONACOOK WILL SEE BILL AGAIN SOMEDAY. YES, WHAT A BLESSING TO HER IS THIS DAY.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Glad you had a nice day & good memories, I think this is latest Easter has ever been. My birthday is the 15th & Easter is usually before it or just slightly after it. My honey has been gone going on 26 years. Sometimes it seems like forever sometimes yesterday. Had an odd experience this year. Bro. had us out Sat. evening so came & got us since dad is in wheelchair. Got to his house & nobody was there but son & niece with her new baby. Nothing was ready bro. was calling to see what was going on. His wife's sis had carried the ham down the steps at her mom's house, almost- missed the last 1 & broke her ankle,(ambulance took her to hospital)so I set table & did what I could until they got back. Ended up being 10 of us. Sis had surgery, 3 breaks & home already. Dinner was good & ham happened to be cooked in a plastic bag type thing so it was fine! Lovely day & glad sis is doing OK! New baby is a sweetie too, just couple of weeks old so hadn't seen him before! Jan

• nonacook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sunnyca, what a terrible thing to happen to sis! Glad she is doing ok.
    My birthday is the 13th and my Dad's was the 15th and he
    also died on his birthday. Know 2 others locally that is the 15th. An IMPORTANT day-LOL
    Glad the ham was saved, and that you got to enjoy the baby!
    Thanks to all the others that posted....Yes I will see him again!

• User
    12 years ago

nonacook, I'm so sorry I missed this post. I'm glad you found peace there in Bill's pavillion. I'm probably one of few here at GJ that had the pleasure of meeting Bill. I can understand why you cared so much for him. He was a great guy.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ahhh, Nona, what a sweet story of Easter's blessing on you.
    It brought tears to my eyes. I remember so well how you shared Bill with us here, and allowed us to be with you during his battle with cancer. We loved you both... and still do.

heart-hugs always,
    Karen