Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Uggie Bear picture

concretenprimroses
13 years ago

My goodness puppies are a lot of work. I've hardly been on the computer between work, helping mom and puppy care and fun. We've had him one week today.

Here he is though, a very good little pup. He weighs about 12.5 pounds and hes 14 weeks old. We've been calling him Iggie because people thing Uggie is Ugly. But our cat Ringo thinks we are calling him, so not sure where we will end up.

{{gwi:126870}}

I thought I had uploaded more pics of him, but they are movies and I don't know how to extract still shots from them (yet).

Kathy

Comments (11)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I am so glad you finally got him!! Iggie is so cute. He looks like he is "mama's baby" already!!! He looks very docile and content laying there on your lap. Those little critters are so easy to love aren't they? Again, very happy for you.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

He is a cutie pie!!!!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, he is so CUTE! (& yup, lots of work...but well worth it!) ENJOY! How big will he get? Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My vet thinks he'll end up between 20 and 25 pounds.
    He really is a pleasure to have around.
    Dh was skeptical but now loves him. The fresh snow is wonderful for playing, but it has interfered in his house training. He just doesn't want to GO when its so cold and windy outside! But he's just a baby and generally doing very well on all fronts.
    Thanks for looking and commenting.
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What a sweetie! And I like the name Uggie Bear. Kind of like a little kid trying to say Huggy. he-he I can see how you and DH fell hard for him. He was worth all the trouble you went through to get him.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

He is a cutie pie! Love his face and white feet! Yes, puppies are a lot of work....but hopefully, he'll get into a routine soon and life will get back to normal for you!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

He has beautiful coloring & such a sweet face! I hear the worse is if they start tearing things up. I can't remember my dog, I don't know if he was even allowed in the house but our lop rabbit got carried around almost constantly the 1st several weeks after we got her, all of DD's tops had holes in them, but after that summer she never damaged anything. Hope Issie is just interested in his toys & not the sofa! I think a couple of knotted together socks is a good toy, Be careful of anything from 99 cent store. GF in Wis. almost lost her dog, last year, after she got a chew rawhide thing- it had something in it that was poisonous. Came from China. Big bill but dog made it. Enjoy your new little buddy! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yikes, I'll be careful not to get any doggie stuff form the dollar store for sure. So glad your friend's dog survived.
    Kathy

• kirkus
    13 years ago

What a sweetheart! Love his color and markings. We have been watching our puppy Jasper grow! He keeps us oh-so-busy! Don't you love having a puppy? We do! We are laughing all of the time at his antics! :o) Please show us more pictures as Uggie Bear is growing up! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Awwwwwwwww he is just tooooooo cute. Is he a brindle? I like Uggie Bear. Is he crate trained. Something to think about while he is a puppy.

Also watch what food you feed him. Any food (including dog treats) where the first ingredent is ground yellow corn DO NOT buy, it is junk. A lot of dogs get skin allergies eating these dog foods. Try to find a food that doesn't have cheap fillers in it. 99% of dog food at grocery stores in bad. A good pet shop, Tractor supply etc , have some good brands.

Sunnyca is 100% correct about treat made in China. There are tons of recipes on the internet if you would prefer to make safe treats.

Buy him a sweater to go outside, I do that with my boston terrier and it makes all the difference in the world. A thinner coated dog get cold a lot quicker they say a lab who has a heavy coat.

keep us post as he grows.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the practical advice, I know I need it.
    He has crates downstairs upstairs and in my car! We already had 2 "cage" style ones and I bought a smaller travel one for the car so I can take him more places.

He spends the nite upstairs with us but in his crate, and when I go to work or what ever if dh is not home he's in the crate downstairs. Luckily I work part time and mostly make my own hours so I can come home after a few hours and take him for a potty walk. I also put him in his crate if I'm doing a relatively dangerous craft, like cutting up plates for mosaic.

I'm hoping the 2 long walks per day, plus getting up and haveing to be "raring to go" like him, will help me to lose weight. We'll see!

Thank you again for your interest. We just love him, and even the kitties are deciding they might like him too. I'm hoping to post a pic soon of him sleeping with one of the kitties. Theyare close to doing it.

Kathy