Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dkline_2008

I got the job!!

dkline_2008
14 years ago

I know I havent shared alot about me other than my things I have made before but I just wanted to say I got the job that I wanted. Last year I worked as a merchandiser taking care of the green house and annuals in a big box store. After that job was over they opened a Lowe's not far from my house. I love shopping at Lowe's for plants, both marked down and not. I saw a woman there and she had vendor on her vest so I asked her if she was a merchandiser and she said yes. I asked her if they need a merchandiser for this store next year and she said they did. As it turned out, she's over 6 stores in this area and they needed 2 merchandisers this year. I interviewed for the job yesterday and the lady called me this morning and told me I got the job!! I am so excited. This job I take care of the annuals and the perennials and work from April until October. It pays a dollar more an hour than what I made last year and its 40 hours a week for the season. And the bonus is, I mark down the plants!!!!!! I can have first pick!!! LOL I am so stoked!!!

Deb

Comments (15)

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Congratulation! That's wonderful! I'm sure they are lucky to have you.
    kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Ooooohhh....you lucky girl you!!! First pick of the markdowns!! Yay for you! Congrats on getting your dream job!

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Deb, Congrats on the new job!!! You will LOVE it !!! Bout 8 years ago I was the merchandiser for 2 years for Metrolina Greenhouses out of NC for the Lowes, Walmart & Kmart here.So while I just took care of our plants, I got to get up close & personal w/everyone elses every day and got some great bargains too... I miss that job alot...Lucky girl !!!

• dkline_2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all. I did something like that last year at Meijer's. I worked for the growers of the annuals and only took care of those. I loved it. And I was in the store all the time and would know when something was on sale. How can you not enjoy the job when your around plants all day?? I am looking forward to taking care of the perennials as well in this job. I have been dreaming of getting this job since last August and today my dream came true!! I didnt get the store closest to my house though. It's about 20 minutes away but as long as I"m in and I dont have to go from store to store its fine with me. I probably wont make a dime though because I will probably spend it all on plants!! LOL
    Deb

• leveta
    14 years ago

That's great news...I'm happy for you...

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

* BIG * ~C*O*N*G*R*A*T*S~ ! ! ! !
    I Love to hear a Dream Come True !!!

Job Well Done ! ! ! !
    Thanks for sharing the GRRRRRRRRREAT NEWS !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Deb, Sounds like the purrrrrrrfect job! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

dkline...Thanks for sharing your news! It's always so good that when you work at something...that you LOVE your work!!! This sounds perfect for you! GJ Heaven!!! Have fun and share your gardens with us (when you get to be in them!) Jeanne S.

{{gwi:126873}}

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Deb,

Dream Job!!!!! Have a blast. I wish I could come up there and work for you. I would need to learn everything.
    So tickled for you!!!!

My sister lives in Okemos MI (close to Lansing).
    susie

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

hugs, Karen

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Congratulation!
    Great job and lots of perks!

• dkline_2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. I just hope those perks dont add up to my whole pay check. LOL
    Deb

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Way to go! Sounds like a dream job! Congratulations! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad you got your dream job!! Always nice to be doing something you love! May have to put yourself on spending diet-20% of check max or something, still have to eat & pay the bills!! Jan

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Congrats on the job! Leave some plants for the customers!
    Vickie

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner