Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akup_a

Easter

akup_a
15 years ago

Easter is already upon us. Where did January go?

Easter Sunday dinner will only be DH, ODS & myself. It's almost not worth decorating for. Children all grown & no Grandkids to hide eggs for.

But, I just wanted to wish all Garden Junkers a Happy Easter. May God bless you with love & His fulfillment.

Vickie

(who plans to dance with Jesus some day & hope that you will cut in!)

Comments (10)

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I agree--where did the time go since Christmas?
    I suppose we will go to Bill's brothers for Easter.
    We had just thought about the 3 of us (me, DD and her hubby)
    until we got invited yesterday. And like you-no
    grandkids to hide eggs for. Sunday morning no
    sunrise service-Preacher's DD in Ohio was in a terrible wreck
    with a semi, and they had to leave to go there. We told
    him not worry about the service. Please say a prayer for her.
    Happy Easter! God's gift to us--Jesus--HE IS RISEN!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Easter dinner, late afternoon, will be at my daughter's.
    However, Jason and my DH are going to the Diamondbacks baseball game since Jas has season tickets. So, that's a little deflating! But we'll still have about 12 of us there for Easter.

I decorate, tho its sort of a 'just for me' thing. I enjoy doing the little Holidays by decorating front patio and the family-room area. Learned this about myself after I joined Holidays Forum a couple of years ago. I had no idea I loved decorating so much. LOL. Except Xmas of course.
    If any of y'all want to look, here's a link to my album and the Easter photos are the first 8. I have a little grapevine wreath on my porch I keep redecorating for different holidays, along with a cloche on my bathroom counter, and my stacked plates on kitchen table. Plus a pair of little trees on my family-room mantle.

{{gwi:77274}}

Here is a link that might be useful: my decorations

• akup_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maybe I should go ahead & decorate a little. It might lift my spirits some. Maybe a little table scape like SusieRose. Well, not like SusieRose ... I could never do that great of a job! Perhaps an egg or two on the dinning table?
    Vickie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Happy Easter to all of my wonderful GJ friends! I want each of you to know just how much I have come to love this forum, each of you and all of your wonderful creations! You've been such an inspiration to me this past year and this forum helped me get past a lot of personal hardships. Its always exciting to see what everyone's been up to and with spring upon us, I can't wait to start creating again! I hope each of you have a wonderful day...no matter how you spend it! It will be just my DH and DD this year...we begged off from the bigger family gathering...we wanted to spend some time with just our little family!

Happy, Happy Easter!
    God Bless each one of you!

~Marlene

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

My son's girlfriend has agreed to come to our house for the first time. She has been in his life for over 4 years and has never wanted to 'meet and greet' in our home. We do not understand why. For some reason this is the year that she has excepted our invitation.(????????????????)

I'm concerned that she has a phobia about inlaws. Does anyone know about this and what it means?

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Easter has always been a big holiday at our house. Actually my sweet sister, she went to heaven in 1996 started the tradition of making Easter Baskets for my kids,
    they were the first grandchildren in our family, so they got a lot of love.
    Well as the kids got older, looking for Easter Eggs was boring,
    so I hit upon the idea of filling a plastic easter egg with money
    and it would be the hardest one to find.
    This was added to our tradition and now my grandbabies have to look for the special egg!
    I think my kids were 18, LOL, when I said you are too old to look for THE EGG!
    Sunday, we have invited friends GK's along with our GK's to come and enjoy the tradition.
    Age range is from 1 to 13!

Happy Easter

Nanagrandma Sylvia

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Sylvia, the money in egg thing is a riot with bigger kids.
    Last year at Jason's, he'd scattered the plastic eggs all over the front with one dollar in most of them. Tho he did a couple with $5's. But unknown to any of us, he hid one egg with a $100 in it. Wow! Well we all went outside and he told the "kids" to began their hunt. The 4 littlest ones happily raced around, while the 4 big ones (14 to 21) just looked bored. He told them they had to join in the hunt... their faces dropped, sort of a shocked "who ME". Then he casually mentioned the $100 bill egg. You've never seen 4 BIG kids scramble so fast in your life. LOL.
    It was hysterical. (he'd put it in a place where the little kids couldn't find it). I think that was one of the most fun Easter's we've had.

SusieRose, that girl sounds terrified of meeting the parents! Tho after 4 yrs, its about time she got over it.
    Let us know how it goes.

Vickie, decorating a little really DOES help lift one's spirit I've found. If I never did any other decorating the rest of my life, I'd want to have my little cloche and those darn stacked plates. LOL. They just make me happy and so easy to decorate and fun to do. If no holidays, I decorate for the season then.

Marlene, I think most all of us feel just as you about this Forum and our family here. And I think your quiet little family Easter sounds wonderful. That's my kind, LOL. At my kids it gets a bit noisy and chaotic at times.

Wishing all of you a Happy Easter
    {{gwi:126876}}
    {{gwi:77274}}

• cait1
    15 years ago

Happy Easter, everyone!

It's just me & DH today and he said he would be making Easter dinner!! I'm not complaining!!

I've gotten used to no big family do's here in Australia. For some reason, people here tend to go away for these holidays. And they tend to go camping. Sorry, but my idea of a 'restful' holiday is NOT camping! Making beds (sleeping bags), cooking, washing up... those things just don't sound relaxing to me!

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Well we are going over to my sisters tomorrow after church. I'm bringing the ham but the rest is going to be fried chicken and picnic foods. Between me and my siblings we have 7 nieces and nephews. My Mom comes along and also my SIL's Mom, Kathy. Since most of the kids are older we just put out plastic eggs for the two younger kids (Nicholas-9 and Alyssa-8). My sister Kerrie's backyard is fantastic for hiding eggs. One year we had a dark green camoflaged egg right on the lawn but it was the last found! blended totally in with the lawn. One year in Oregon (Todd'd parents) had a crazy hunt. Each kids eggs were a particular color. They had to find ALL their eggs for they were filled with one piece of a picture puzzle. One you put the picture together it revealed where your basket was hidden. Well, Scott (Todd's brother) always has the hardest one because he is SO competitive. His eggs were REALLY small and camoflaged. And their yard is about 1/2 acre. It took him awhile, but he managed to find them all.

Have a blessed day everyone! For once again we will all be reminded that "Jesus HAS Risen!"

Love, Jules

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Camping on Easter...would freeze our "tushies" off! But a nice Easter wkend here in Iowa...Spring is in the air...and yes, He is risen! Blessings on Easter weekend! Here's a couple of my blessings: Grandson & Great-grandson:

{{gwi:126877}}

Family blessings:
    {{gwi:126878}}

And I thank God for my GJ friends! Hope your weekend was a good one ... no matter who was there! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor