Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Second Place Garden Junk Jamboree Name Contest!

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

Tresures from DA BEARS in WA!!!!! Thank you Kirk!!!! Your generousity is astounding! I am the 2nd place winner for the 'Create a new name for a summer garden junk exchange'.

While trolling thru the dictionary I came across the Old Scottish yell (afterall they wanted to keep things sanitary) "GARDYLOO". This meant roughly 'umbrella's up, I'm emptying my chamber pot out the upstairs window. How curtious of them dont you think. I can tease because some of these germaphobes were my ancestors.

Considering how often I refer to my junk stash as "MY ARTS AND CRAP SUPPLIES", I felt this would be a good warning to anyone that I would ship my "stuff" to.

So a modern translation with imminently greater sensibilities would be, "Mail boxes open, HERE COMES MY JUNK"!!!!!!!

Now for the details of the coveted prizes:

The first and most necessary article was S O A P to wash my hands when I've been handling, you know, GARDYLOO.

Then there are three straws to cork into wine bottles for my hummies (I didn't know that they drank wine, I'm assuming Red wine.)!!!

The book called Joshua, a modern day parable about a man who probably feed his hummies wine too. It has had life changing effects on those whom have read it. How cool is that? Kirk has garden junk assosiation taught you nothing? Never pay more than 50 cents for a book. Recycle my friend. Jesus's said come eat and drink of that which costs nothing. (rough translation). So I'm thinking that he had Freecycle in mind even way back then.

A handwritten message on a card made from a Colorado mountain outside of Boulder. (reminds ya of Grizzly Adams' or Kirks neighborhood, huh).

Included was a book that is going to make my Mosaic dreams a reality. I got tears over the fact that we care about each other's creative desires in our group.

Last, but not least, were Kirk's signature greeting cards created from his own photography!!!! I had no idea. I have shouting matches with my camera (and it can get pretty loud) but he is already printing his own personal greeting card line! Love them oh so much.

Thank you so much Kirk. How amazing is amazing? SIMPLY AMAZING!

{{gwi:126885}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored