Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

An April Spring Day in Iowa

jeannespines
15 years ago

susieroses....I'm singing your song.."What a wonderful world..."

Juncos feeding out front windows:

{{gwi:126889}}

Junco on my new metal in bird santuary out front windows (just put flower up on Fri. ...bare ground then!)

{{gwi:126890}}

View of the backyard thru the porch sliding doors:

{{gwi:126891}}

"I say to myself....what a wonderful world...."

Got to love it...even if sick of it! Crocus' been bloomin' for 2 wks..so they are buried now! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH MY....It is pretty but glad it's not here...lol

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Lawdy Mercy girl!!!!! The weather is weird here too. This weeks forcast- 30's low and then all the way to 89 degrees. In one weeks time. What must the trees and plants think about this? The wind gusts went up to 50 MPH one day last week. susie- North of DFW TEXAS.

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

L@@KS like God is still in charge of the weather...
    maybe not the budget for the USA...
    But
    God is still in charge of the weather....

L@@KS BEAUTIFUL MS Jeanne !!!! Thank you so much
    for the ~ Pics ~ and the words of ENCOURAGEMENTS ! ~ ~

Kisses & Hugs & Special Thoughts & Prayers !!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    *** THE OTHER SUSIE from Texas !!!

& Yes.....Ms SusieRose... Gotta Love that
    Louie A & " Its A Wonderful World" ! ! !

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

* * * * * I see the Snow Flakes here now....
    just
    L@@Ked out my window...also~~ so I see God let Ms Jeanne send the snow
    on across the border to me...
    and then... we post the snow pics...
    for you down in TEXAS Ms SusieRose !!!
    & [probably on to you Ms Sandy in OHIO]

You keep sending us those SUNSHINE PICS>>>
    and
    we'll post the "SNOWY SPRING DAYS PICS"

Happy Trails to YA'LL ! ! !
    till we meet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine in the SNOW AGAIN ! ! !

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Oh wow....beautiful... but glad its not here too.
    We had 50 mph wind gusts the other day, second time in a week! VERY unusual for Phoenix. Weather has been sunny and mid 70s, but is going up to 88 in the next few days. Too hot too soon. I spent hours in the yard working today while it was so nice out. My good time of year is ending soon, sigh. But for all of you who welcome summer, I am so glad for you that the snow will finally be gone and you can enjoy your yards again.

{{gwi:76417}}

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

OH my - it's beautiful, but you can keep it. That was a cruel April Fool's joke to have played on you! They're actually calling for snow showers here in OH for Mon-Wed. Hopefully no accumulation, we just got the snowblower off the tractor and the mower deck on Saturday. Things are greening up.

Arlene

• nonacook
    15 years ago

It is 72 degrees right now between 9:30 and
    10:00PM
    but is supposed to be 35 tomorrow morning! I
    am in the NW Florida panhandle!
    I dread tomorrow morning!
    You snow is pretty tho'.

• cait1
    15 years ago

That is sooo pretty!!! Aren't you ever gonna get rid of that snow? hehehe What ever happened to man-made global wrming BWAHAHAHAHA What a crock.

My back is aching just lookin' at all that white stuff. But the way you take pics makes it look so WONDERFUL!!

Thank you for supplying me with more pics for my screen saver!!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

WOWEE! Jeanne....I know you're sick of the snow! You guys have really had a lot of it this year! But, we sure have LOVED all of your beautiful bird and garden pictures! You are such a talented photographer! I always drool over your pix!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all...for your comments & thinking of me. The sun is out today and supposed to warm up to low 50's by Wed....so all will be "green" again!

susieroses' song keeps going thru my mind, "What a Wonderful World!" ... a few months ago I was stuck on Johnny Cash's "Here that train a-coming!" Keep smilin', GJers, Spring is here (almost)! Jeanne S.

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Oh how beautiful, I too love your bird photos! You are one talented lady! Did you get my email?

Sylvia

• jitterbug4756
    15 years ago

Jeanne, yes, what wonderful photography. I can smell the snow. Your backyard looks so magical with its winter coat, I bet it's fabulous in the summer. Thank you. We've been griping about all the rain here in the Carolinas. But sure is helping my garden "spring" to life...LOL

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

I envy that beautiful snow. I know you can get too much of a good thing, but we've only had a couple of flurries this year. Everyone gets excited over the slightest flake in in this neck of the woods. Gatlinburg, about 2 hours NE of here is supposed to get 5" tonight. Just cold & drizzly here though.

Wonderful view of the snow on the table and bridge. Your photos make me feel like I'm there, Jeanne, you really have a special photography talent.

Those crocus are a sure sign of spring, amazing how they bloom when it's still so cold. ~tenderlee

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Oh my,almost 90 here today but gonna hit 40 tommorrow night/I spent time in Ames and Nevada Iowa with church friends.They told me how they had to scrape ice off the INSIDE of their windows in winter!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio