Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Easter Tea Anyone?

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

With our knowledge of glue we could make these using aquarium glue and crystal candlestick holders.

{{gwi:126898}}

Comments (12)

• leveta
    15 years ago

Susie you are amazing!!!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Nice!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Lovely! I like your suggestion about candle holders. Those stems look unbalanced, spindly and fragile. "Cut glass" candle sticks would be perfect!

Keep those ideas coming!

~~Mimi

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Great idea. And I've broken about all my wine glasses, lol. So good timing.
    kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

So pretty...love the blue!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Yeah, that is really sweet. You must craft all day and all night every day lol. ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

tenderlee- The above picture is not my work. But yes, I am a full time homemaker thanks to a back injury. And I do plan on collecting crystal candle holders to make my coffee cups thrill my guests.

Today I have been decorating the EASTER tree and setting the table for Easter Dinner. I have to work a little each day to bring about an event.

I do craft or study about crafting daily. I keep several projects going all of the time. I see my crafts as part of my homemaking job. (Dont tell Hubs that I enjoy it. tee hee)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Injured my L5 in 1987 building flower beds and moving large rocks. Whiplashed my neck in 1985 after jumping/falling on my teenage son's trampoline, thinking I was still 12. Hurt my right ankle 3 times gardening, and wore high heels to work for about 20 years. Ugh! That contributed to the right knee going .... LOL how depressing!

And it was all self inflicted, no one to blame but myself. Anyhow, now that I'm nearing 60, these old injuries are very bothersome. Can't move without antiflammatories any more. Hubby wants me to apply for SSI, but I figure I wouldn't get it, now maybe I'd have something on the mental end LOLLOLLOL .... besides I get to draw it in about 4 1/2 years anyway.

Like they say, aging ain't for sissies .... lol ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

tenderlee, Now I know how to discribe myself!!! I am a sissy!! LOLOLOLOL I admit it completely. I am, I am, yes.

I was helping to do a major landscaping reno. when I severly hurt my low back. I was going to a doctor for 11 years who did not believe in back surgery. He sent me to his Dr. friends who did not believe in surgery. The chiropractor ruptured a disk in my neck so now the top and bottom of my spine was messed up (two years of traction got the neck back in shape). I had 24 hour a day pain. It wrecked my entire life emotionally to endure that pain without relief (I dispised pain pills and called them 'drunk pills that did nothing for the pain').

I took myself to an orthopedic doctor who simply said "I can fix that". I almost burst into tears. He indeed fixed the spine (while the anestisiologist almost killed me) to where I only have muscle pain when I do too much!!!! After a day of too much activity I walk a little bent over. I cant sit in certain chairs for very long and stuff like that. But chronic pain is maddening. And now I am a little insane but not suffering. lololol

I indeed do not find this getting old thing very amusing. I hope I can 'buck up' for the long-haul. Going to the doctor "sucks big time". I ended up with 'white coat syndrome' (fear of doctors, needles, and hospitals). I'm talking 'fear, fainting, and trembling'. Totally sissy!!!! I am always praying that I die in my sleep, at home, on the porch swing, 72 degrees, soft wind blowing, dappled sunshine, the smell of roses wafting in the breeze, doggies cuddled close by, Righhhhhhhhhhhht. lol
    susie

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Those are beautiful!!!!
    Susie you crack me up!!
    Ditto... it's not for sissies!!! I'm 49 this year have osteo arthritis...OUCH!! all my joints hurt at sometime or another. Some more than others. Keeps ya awake some nights.. But I tell myself there are people alot worse off... Fibro sufferers have it alot worse than I do. I'm counting the years till retirment. So don't feel bad I'm a sissie to!!

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Susie I saw those in a magazine....not sure which one. I thought immediately that I want to make some too. Going to have to see what I can find to make them out of now. Was actually thinking of using the cups from the punch bowl that I used to make my birdbath...now for the bases...Thank you for reminding me of these. I get so many projects in my head that sometimes they tend to get lost for a while.

~Micki~

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

susieroses...Alas! I saw those same (I think) blue cups at GW the other day for 50 cts. each...and I made myself walk away! I love dishes & pottery ... just to utilize & decorate with! Boo-hoo! A beautiful idea for those of you who do such wonderful work with totems, mosaics & glass! And your Easter table & decor is just "out of this world!" Good work! Jeanne S.