Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Campbell's Virginia Adventure

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

Well, Campbell arrived squealing to get out of the box last Wednesday evening and he's been on a roll ever since. Friday was such a pretty day that he wanted to go outside with me for a while and as you will see in the pictures, he is quite the handful. It was like having a two year old with me! He went all over the place and tried to get himself into trouble everywhere he went....he finally was so tired he had to relax in the hot tub for a bit. We fixed him his own "float" and a drink to help him recover from his adventures.

Campbell will be heading out tomorrow to one of our New England neighbors...but I must warn you...the mail carrier may look at you funny when the box arrives...I don't imagine Campbell is going to like being put back in the "boxcar".

It's been fun though and I got lots of goodies out of the train! They're in the album too....Chelcass sent some awesome stuff!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk Train Album

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OMgosh, Marlene, I hope Campbell settles down some before he gets to Iowa! I'm sure I couldn't keep up w/him at that pace! I was so worried he was going to take a "nose dive" in that fountain pic! Holey Moley!!! Looks like Campbell had a GREAT adventureous day at your house!! LOL!

And your loot from the train! WOW! The "conductor" must have hired an additional crew member to haul all that freight! That glass blue bird...lovely!...& I see lots of goodies for decorating birdhses & such! WOW! TFS! Jeanne S.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

OHHHH, it must be nice to just relax in the hot tub!!! Looks like Campbell is having the journey of a lifetime. I bet he does hate getting back in the boxcar, so whoever get him back, BE WARNED, he will be looking for action.
    Marlene, you got some really special treasures, I especially like that blue bird!!!! Thanks for letting us share in your pics.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How fun! I like the little float you found for Campbell to lie on in the hot tub. Love all your "junk" creations too. And what great things you got in the Junk Train!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Wow! It sure looks like Campbell had a wonderful time at Marlene's. Just think of all the wonderful places he and JT have been (and will be). Kind of makes you want to crawl in the box and go with them. Wouldn't that be a treat.

Thanks for sharing Campbell's adventures with us. So glad you like the junk on the junk train.

Chelcass

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Oy veh! A take "Campbell to Work Day"? Hilarity and chaos follow close behind.
    Great photos Marlene. I love the one of Himself sitting in the birdbath with the big green frog. Looks like the little guy is having a great time even if he get crammed into a "boxcar".
    Hmmm, Boxcar Campbell? He may have a future in the music industry...

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Looks like he's having a grand old time on his tour....gotta say I'm a bit jealous....wish I was traveling with him!!

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Oops. I looked at the photo again and Campbell and his new friend, "Pond Frog", are sitting in a big pot by a set of stairs.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Marlene, your yard looks beautiful!
    Campbell arrived at my house yesterday! He was soooo cold. Unfortunately he sat on the porch in the box car for a while because dh forgot to get the mail when he got home from work. And it was SNOWING.
    I'll post pics tomorrow.
    I don't know how youfit so much in the box!
    Kathy

• puggranny
    13 years ago

Campbell is having so much fun!!! I agree with everyone else wish I could join him on his journey!! He is a handful he wore out the grandboys when he was at my house!!!!

Sponsored