Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

In Memory Of My Dog Uncle Jack

kudzukween
14 years ago

My Golden Retriever, Jack, the grandkids called him Uncle Jack. He just turned 8 years old.

April 10, 2001- April 16, 2009

kudzu

Comments (10)

• leveta
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about UJ...We had one that was part retriever and german shepherd. Found him on the road when he was about 7 weeks old. Was the best dog we ever had. Died at 12 yrs with a twristed stomack. I cried for a yr. cause I didn't know what was happening to him. Took him to the vet a few days before and he said it was his heart. We didn't notice that he couldn't poo till it was to late and he died the next morning. He suffererd so much that night. We were going to take him to another vet the next morning...I guess the pain he went through is why it took me so long to get over it...Sorry so long...My heart goes out to you and GK's....

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awwwwwwwwwwww ... Kudzu! I am so sorry to hear about Uncle Jack! To be honest, losing pets has always been harder on me than the death of a human family member. Although, we have been lucky that no one in our family died prematurely.

It's funny that your GKs called him Uncle Jack. My nephew who will be 36 next week, was only a few years old at the time. He kept telling his daycare teacher about his brother Jake. He told her how much fun they had playing catch and tag. He told her about how Jake knocked him down and then stood and laughed at him. He talked about how much Jake loved spaghetti and oranges. So one day the daycare teacher says to my sister, "I didn't know Mark had a brother." My sister told her he didn't have a brother. The teacher asked her who Jake was because that's his brother's name according to my nephew. My sister told her with a belly laugh that Jake was our parent's golden retriever! lol! I guess the golden's have a knack for being human-like family members!

I hope your Jack brought you as much joy and fun as our Jake did. Even long after he is gone (with our Jake it has been about 30 years), you and your family will remember him fondly and lovingly. It is just another loving and selfless gift they give us by just being good dogs. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Oh, Kudz, I feel your pain...your loss. Our fur friends are like our children. We lost our Golden retriever Riley a year and a half ago. He was such a sweetheart. We loved him so much. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so glad Uncle Jack had such a caring family like yours. HUGS! Kirk

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

hi kudz
    so sorry for your loss
    debby

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear you lost your beloved dog when you are all trying to get your health back! Hope the wonderful memories of him will help ease your pain. Maybe you could write up a memory book about things each member of family remembers about "Uncle Jack" then when 1 of kids is feeling low they can look at the stories & some pics of him too, & feel closer to him. Jan

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Love golden retrievers. Bless his heart. RIP Uncle Jack!

Been tough lately Kudz, hope you're holding up alright, and Hossfly too. Y'all take care now ~tenderlee

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

{{gwi:126913}}

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

So sorry about your doggy...they are just like family, aren't they? We're thinking about you~

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Dear Kud:
    Sure am sorry for the loss of your SPECIAL Buddy &
    Best Friend.... I know How tough it is....

Special Prayers and thoughts coming your way !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** That Special Memory will keep your heart warm....
    and hope your talk about it with us and others !

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Kudz, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Like Kirk said, our fur friends are like our kids. I lost them too and it still hurts. Just remember all the love they gave you and know that they are having a wonderful time across the bridge.

Donna in Florida

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm