Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

A Totem Makers Easter Table

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

1. Buy four glass candle holders from Goodwill to put under the dining table glass. Run string of lights between the glass and table. I used a stick to help me with this. I also used some tape to secure the lights in certain places. Plug in!!!

{{gwi:126924}}

2. Cover with lace table cloth and 'stacked glass' plate centerpiece. Then decorate as desired.

{{gwi:126925}}

3. The black/white rabbit on the top plate was the inspiration to use black toile dishes. The tree is dressed for Easter. I hope to add fresh flowers in tiny vases.

{{gwi:126926}}

{{gwi:126927}}

4. Now add a buffet full of rabbit or chick totem stacked plates.

{{gwi:126928}}

Most everything that I have shown you were GW, yard sale, Freecycle, 90% off sales, ect. accummulated over the years.

5. Now, Happy Easter to Everyone!!! We have only two guests coming over this year but I decorated anyway. susie

Comments (18)

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Oh Susie you are absolutely awesome!

Everything looks so beautiful!

All week I have been looking for my Easter Decorations and I cannot find them. I remember putting them away, BUT WHERE?

My son and daughter and GK's are coming but they volunteered to cook and clean up! Yeah! Well actually that is very thoughtful of them knowing Mom can't do too much. My son is an awesome cook, and my daughter is a clean up queen, she calls herself Cinderella! You know how harder you are on your first born AND she doesn't let me forget it, LOL!

Your guests will be very impressed!

Happy Easter

Sylvia

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Susie I love all of your Easter decorations. Your diningroom looks so sweet. I especially love the ligghts on the table and the stacked plates with all of the bunnies. Happy Easter to you and your family and friends! Happy Easter to everyone!

~Micki~

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Your dining room is absolutely beautiful and you certainly are a talented lady with a lot of very pretty things. Happy Easter to you and all.

Donna in Florida

• jitterbug4756
    15 years ago

Susie, what a beautiful tablescape. Love your chargers!! Your buffet arrangement is precious.
    Your guests will feel very special indeed with all your wonderful decorations.
    Happy Easter to you & everyone !

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Susie I go crazy at Easter also!!!!
    We have a family and friend backyard campout for the little ones and dads on Friday. Easter AM is Church . My son is Pastor and all my kids,grandkids attend and my dad which makes 4 generations.
    Everyones comes to dinner at my place. I have over 2 acres to and plenty of garden junk to have the biggest Easter egg hunt ever! I can't wait.I love your decorations!!!!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

BEAUTIFUL SusieRose! Why in the world aren't you over on Holidays posting this wonderful table. Luvs and Bright and I need to badger you more about getting over there, LOL.

{{gwi:77274}}

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi SusieRose, Everything looks beautiful! Great job on your stacked plates, and I love your dishes. I'd love a close up pic of your Easter tree too! ;o)

Karen is right, you need to come post your table and hutch pictures for the gals on Holidays to enjoy too. They love seeing pretty tables and decorations over there, and we love it when someone shows us how to make something for not much cost too.

I'm posting a link for you to follow--come on over and post your pics, okay?

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday forum

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Ooooo! This should be in Southern Living! And aren't you clever with the lights, I need to remember that trick.
    Outstanding!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Looks SOOOO pretty! Love all of your decorations! So many wonderful things to look at! And I love your toile dishes!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, Is there a way to transfer my post over there? I posted here to share Easter enthuseism with my junk buddies because they taught me about GE Silicone II and it changed my life. lol

The tree has ALL resale pieces- decopaged eggs, ceramic chicks that I glued to feathers, chandi crystals, butter flys, beads, and assort.
    {{gwi:126929}}

I got the large table glass from Freecycle. This pic shows how the lights under the glass brings out the shine to crystal items. Chicks were all Goodwill.

{{gwi:126930}}

Candlelabras were Freecycle. Bunnie was 80% off. The egg that the bunny is sitting on was Freecycle.
    {{gwi:126931}}

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I wanna be as clever as SusieRose but, I gave it up for lent, LOL!
    Your table is marvelous. Love the creativeness of using lights under the glass table top. And your toile dishes are an envy! The b/w bunny is too cute.
    Vickie

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

HEY>>>>>>>>> MS Vickie =akup a >>>>> Don't forget....
    I'm picking you up and we are heading over

to MS SusieRose's place to have High TEA with
    Ms Susie and Hubs...and all the Bunny's and Chicks!!!

WOWERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZERs that is some
    Mighty ~BIG~ powerful ~D~ core for BIG TEXAS !!!!

WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE will have a blast !!!
    Thanks for the
    INVITE Ms Susie & Hubs.... Keep the lite on.....
    we're on our way !!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Susie, sorry, I just got back over here. Since it is okay with you, I'll just post a link over on Holidays and send the gals here to see this post. I know they will love your creativity!

One of the gals there had made a little round table with the glass elevated above some tiny lights and with lots of tulle squished among them. Think she used it as a desert table. And the stacked plates have been really popular over there for about three years. Miss Karen aka Purplemoon is really quite good at making pretty ones in fact. And dishes--we all drool at seeing pretty dishes a decorating a pretty table like yours.

Thanks for sharing.

Luvs

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I'm ready! Ms. Sunshine! I'm ready! I'm dressed in my finest Southern ball gown with my cowgirl boots on. Hot-diggity-dog! I'm gonna go to high tea with the gals. Whoa the horses Sunshine & let me in the coach!
    SusieRose!, open da door, heat up da pot & git ready for a ho-down. Swing yer pertner round & round!!!
    Vickie (who doesn't even own a pair of boots!)

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Very beautiful Ms. Susie!! Thanks so much Luvs for aiming us in this direction. Keep working on this nice lady to get her to the holidays forum!!

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Susiewantsroses, Luvs linked us at Holidays over here and I can see why! Your tablescape is so pretty and I love your toile dishes! Great idea for the little lights under the tabletop glass. Your Easter decorations are so cute too. You REALLY SHOULD join us over at Holidays - we love to see this kind of thing!

DD

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I love the table lights! Great idea!
    Like all the other stuff too!

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Love the toile dishes! Pretty table..Happy Easter!