Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwen_gw

the JT is going to...

gwen
18 years ago

Hey rspiders the train will be on its way to you as soon as i can get it filled up and to the post office, hopefully you'll like the stuff.

gwen/tnay

Comments (18)

• rspiders
    18 years ago

OOOOHHHHHH!!! GOODY, GOODY!!!
    and to think I almost forgot to check here today!!!
    something to be soooooooooo excited about today. Woke me right up!! lol
    Thank you Thank you....
    guess I better get off my duff and make a special trip to Wally World and get a camera cord!!!!

• gwen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

good, i'm glad you're excited, tnay and i had a blast filling the box, but we had to step back and regroup. we had toooo much stuff for the box, so instead of taking stuff out we sent hubby to town to find a bigger box. so as soon as he gets back we'll fill it up and try to get it to the post office, hopefully when you get it, the stuff will make up for me not getting in the mail this morning. sorry but this has been so much fun.
    gwen
    let you know the tracking number asap.

• gwen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

rspiders, i thought i'd let you know the box just
    left in the front seat of hubby's truck. i am hoping that the thing stays half way wrapped, but i'm not under any grand illusions. i did the best i could with the glass ware in it but if it gets broken i guess you might try mosiacs if you don't already do them. oh yeah and the wrapping to keep it closed is from hubby, he loves his duck tape. be glad he couldn't find the baling wire. heh heh
    gwen

• gwen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Rebecca you're tracking number is 7005 3110 0001 5958 3325, now the pony express here won't probably move it until Monday, but its on its way. :-)
    gwen

• rspiders
    18 years ago

OHHHH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! You SURE know how to torture someone!!
    .. duct tape... bailing wire!! just to keep it closed!! OH MY!!! HOW will I live till it gets here??!!
    gosh i can hardly type for misspelling every word due to excitement!!

what comes over a grown woman????
    I think i'm about to cry...
    thank you so much! .... and coming from my FAVORITE PLACE!!

• rspiders
    18 years ago

Label/Receipt Number: 7005 3110 0001 5958 3325

Your item was accepted at 3:39 pm on April 07, 2006 in ATHENS, TX 75751. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
    OH I LOVE ATHENS!! I do!

HOW will i get any work done today?? I hope it gets here soon!

• gwen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

i absolutely love this junk train thing. it is so much fun to get one and its as fun to send one. then you sit on pins and needles waiting for it to get where its suppose to. i always wonder is the stuff good enough, will they be able to use it...you know all those dumb questions, then tnay will remind me....mom it's called a junk train, for a reason as she smiles. so then i calm down, but hopefully you will be able to use something in it.
    gwen

• Vangy
    18 years ago

Yes, Gwen, I think the same way you do. 5 "passengers" will be oggling one item, and greatful the did not get the rest. Since my wish list was added after the first train went out, because I almost forgot, I expect to be the last person b/4 it goes back to junkgirl. Then I have seen what everone else got. But do not have a camera to take pic's unless my neighbor will be abliged to help me out.
    It is so much fun reading the posts of all the excitement/anticipation of getting a train. Every passenger full of anticiation. Even to the oh's and ah's over the "engineer" (UPS delivery men) he he he

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Vangy is going out to play in the dirt now, LOL

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Bumping this post up since there was recent interest in the Junk Train, because it's the oldest Junk Train post still on the GJ message board. From page 34 in Conversations side, fixin' to roll on off into cyber neverland. Apparently the very first posts are gone now, this one was from April '06.

I've read a lot of old posts about it, and the Junk Train sounded like such fun! I wonder why and where it stopped, and if it ended the way it was supposed to end. Looks like it was successful for a long time. Might be fun to get it going again someday. Happy junkin' ~tenderlee

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

Thanks for bumping this up,I had no idea it was even still available.
    We did several different Junk Trains. Everyone who wanted to participate put their name, address and a kind of wish list on a list that went with the train (box). In it was also a notebook for everyone to write down what they took, what they added, thanks and memories. When a person got the box, they took what they wanted from it, and added things they had that they could share, some things from the wish lists of others. Then they mailed it to the next person on the list. Of course we posted here when we the train rolled into our station, and where it was going. It was so much fun......

• sophiemae
    15 years ago

DAWG! I didn't know the J-Train went on for so long! can you imagine what postage would be now? Thanks ever so for bumping it TNtrash! 8-]

ICA,
    Sophie ^i^

Here is a link that might be useful: Sophie's other blog

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

How or where does one buy a ticket for the junk train?

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I'm with nmgirl! How do we get on the train?? I wanna ride!!!

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

You just need to start one!
    Someone needs to be the conductor and gather the names and addresses and start a box. It takes on a life of it's own after that! LoL And, anyone can add their name to the list at any time by emailing the person who has the box and have them add it.

• seaglassic
    15 years ago

and there was a 'journal' included..
    everyone who received the box would add their own bits and pieces of information, be it wisdom, random, or just to say hello...

I think it would be a kick in the pants to get back on board..I remember wayyyyy back when I was waiting for the box to arrive, I was living up along the canal...I remember saying that I was going to sit outside and watch for the train and listen for the whistle...
    I'd forgotten about a lot of that, till this post...it brings up fun memories..."the phoenix bird rises from the ashes"......
    so, Jean, wanna be the conductor?.....
    was it Sophie who started it, or Klynnnn...someone like that .....
    it was a matter of going around their place and finding things that could be fine for a project for outside...and now, with spring coming...I'd join in...
    it's been literally years since the fun.......

we can call it "Little Toot"....lol

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Count me in. This sounds like lots of fun. I had thought about a Christmas in July cuz Dec is too long to wait...you people understand me and know what I like ...JUNK!!!!!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

It was alot of fun...but postage has went alot higher... It took several months to get it all the way from starting point to the last person. I wana say the person who started it was the last person to get it as well?? Same as with secrete santa.. everyone listed things they liked... so you could kinda get an idea what kind of goodies to add to the box.

• gwen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

that was so fun, i had forgotten how exciting it was to send one and to receive one. myself and teenage daughter had a blast doing it. hopefully we will get involved again soon..
    gwen