Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I bought my welding machine today

toomuchglass
15 years ago

Slowly , but surely I'm getting there ! Today , I got a machine that originally sells for $199 .... on clearance for $89 !!!! It's like a "hobby welder" ... plugs into a normal household plug ........ Works for me !

Now I need a helmet and gloves ...... Next week , my son is going to bring over his helmet and a bunch of scrap steel to teach me .

You know --- I've always LOVED power tools . I love crusing a hardware store ...the tool department ... I've dragged DH to Woodworking shows & Tool shows . I'm like a kid in a candy store ! LOL I made enough $$$ at craft shows (long ago ) that I bought a top of the line scroll saw ...a brand name Band saw ... a table saw ... and a bunch more "toys" ... !

There has to be more ladies like me out there that love the POWER TOOLS !!!! Who are you ???

(I got a TILE SAW for

Christmas last year ~~ LOL )

Step out and gimme a shout !!!!

Comments (8)

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

TooMuch,

I'm with you on the power tool kick. My ex mother in law about went into shock the year that I asked for a jigsaw for Christmas....she gave me a gift certificate to Sears and I bought my saw. Another year I asked for a scroll saw...and got one. I got my dad's table saw after he passed away. I also have a circular saw and a miter saw...and a glass saw. Have told mom that if she ever gets rid of the rest of dad's woodworking tools...band saw, planer, drill press...and much more....that I want first shot. I also want the welding tools and the tile saw. Would also love the pink work boots and hard hat...lol. Chris always says that I am the only girly-girl he knows who loves power tools.

~Micki~

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What fun for you, Bright. I can't wait to see what you make. And what a super buy on that machine too!

I use to make a lot of wood stuff, so my scroll saw and jigsaw were my best friends, LOL. And electric sander.
    The Fibro has pretty well ended my interest the last few years with my shoulder pain so bad. But I won't let them go and still occasionally make something.
    Its funny, recently a neighbor guy came to the door and asked to borrow a tool. My DH answered the door, told him to wait as he had to get ME since he didn't know where I kept the tool stuff. LOL. My DH has a toolbox with the necessities, but he was told long ago to stay out of my power tools. Not that he'd use them!

{{gwi:76417}}

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

YAY for you! You go...getting yourself a welder! I can use most power tools...though I prefer to let DH use them instead...don't like welding...he has to do that...the flying sparks make me very nervous, but I'm sure glad the DH loves it!! Happy Creating!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

"Hey sister, Go sister, soul sister......." YOU GOTCH YOUR YA YA!!!!!!!!! I have "tool envy"!!!!! susie

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Yeah, I know about the 'saw for Christmas' thing. Bill bought me one, and all the sister-in laws said 'Oh, its for Bill' WRONG!!! Then they wanted suggestions from me for Presents that year and I wanted good pliers, or Screwdrivers etc etc. Did I get them-NO! This was in 1973. Do I still have the perfume they bought me-YES-only because it was in fancy bottles, and I do like fancy bottles-LOL
    Bill and I had his and her tools. There is a Shopsmith with ALL accessories (his), My 12 in bandsaw (but I did sell my 15 in throat one), all kinds and shapes of sanders(at least 4 types), my Delta scroll saw, My 2 electric chainsaws (one that's a pole saw), 2 gas chainsaws, the compressor and all the air nailers and staplers, 2 welders (that I am too old and dumb to use-Ha), a sandblaster, a couple of chopsaws-miter, Plasma cutter, Spray painter, pressure washer, And all the standard hand tools, both electric and battery operated, gas powered auger (too heavy for me to use). That is all I can think of right now....We both liked tools, and would buy a new one at the drop of a hat!

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Wow I have "tool envy" too!!! I would love to be able to weld. I need to keep my eyes open and find one of those little suckers.

Have fun and lets see some stuff!!!

Donna in Florida

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Gosh, Nona, you could open a Tool STORE. Wow.
    While I love my scroll and jigsaw, the bigger kind scared the heck out of me. But a plasma cutter...sigh. I saw what a friend could make with one of those and had serious envy there.
    Too funny about still having that perfume, LOL.

{{gwi:76417}}

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

TMG,
    That is so wonderfully AWESOME that you are getting there with the welding! So, WHEN are you going to go out with your son to get the rest??? It just amazes me the combined knowledge and resourcefulness of everyone in this entire group! It's funny-Todd is not a "tool" guy. I don;t necessarily want to USE teh tool myself--just want to know we have one in case we need one! :-) A few years back when I would save a little extra cash I would go out and buy some tool we needed. I think I bought a scroll saw and one other power tool. I get scared to pull out the saws because I want to keep all my phalanges! I haven't bought any more since. Have bought pipe cutters and wrenches though. Put me on a home improvement show and I'll learn for sure. I just need someone to teach me and then give me something to do with it so I get the resume of experience behind me.

Keep us posted with your prgoress.
    Love, Jules