Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I start a temp job tomorrow!

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 21:56

Well its not a job I would have applied for or would want to do 'permanently'. So, through the temp agency, I am covering for the next couple of months while they interview and hire someone to do the job. Seem like very nice people, and it will be good to earn some money and go out among people for 2 months. I am pleased. Temping in different places may be fun. I'll meet people and see different work places.
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I start a temp job tomorrow!

I've known of several people out here that got their permanent job after the folks they was temping for liked them & asked them to work for them. So should see a little of what is available out there. Good Luck! Jan

o

Good for you, crete! Good luck! Jeanne S.

o

Glad you got some temp work. You said it
wasn't something you would choose, so what
is it?
Curiosity killed the cat-LOL

o

Best of Luck Kathy~Happy you got a call to temp. I'm with Nonacook...what are you doing?

o

Hi, I didn't start yet! Turns out I need to do the big company orientation (even tho I am employed by the temp agency) and there isn't one until the 16th. Today I have to do a drug test and health questionaire. AT least once I've done it I will be good to go to do another job in the same company once this one is over.
The job is basic secretarial and answering phones, managing someone's calendar. I have to dress business casual, which will be nice after wearing jeans for 5 years, but I am digging through my closet remaking and taking in some things (and getting rid of too small, sigh). And haunting the thrift stores for blouses, the one nice thing I wore out while wearing jeans. That is why I haven't been here much.
I still apply for "regular" jobs when I see one, but I usually don't even get an email saying "sorry we don't want you", just nothing.
I've interviewed for 2 temp jobs and the people are so thrilled to see me which is a nice contrast.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here