Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

Kudzukween How is HossFly?

nanagrandma
15 years ago

How did Bypass surgery go? Praying for you both!

Sylvia

Comments (19)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I went to her blog & last entry was March 28 when they had flooding in front & back yards but were able to walk up to bridge. Hopefully they made it out & he is recovering, it's a difficult surgery ,painful anyway having ribs cut & heart stopped & restarted. Friend said like getting hit by a truck!! Had surgery Apr.2 so figure 7-10 days if all goes well. She may be able to just stay in room with him.Too bad we can't sent them a card!!! Prayers & hugs for whole family especially GK's as has to be hard on them too. Hoping they are home by Easter! Jan

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Prayers that all is going as planned,
    and prayers for no pain!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Hope you are OK and your hip is healing. Nursing a loved one is tough stuff. I have ya'll in my prayers!!! susie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Thinking of y'all .... hope things are going alright .... Hugs ~tenderlee

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Been thinking of them too. I hope all went well. I know its a stressful situation to say the least! Thoughts and prayers to Kudzu and her DH.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

{{gwi:126966}}

{{gwi:77274}}

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Well wishes from NC.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Sending more prayers to heaven for them all.
    Vickie

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Surgery was April 2, had to have him there at 5:00am, saw him at 6:30 right before they took him in for the bypass,and then didn't see him again til 7:00pm. He had a few minor complications, then started recovering nicely; he came home this afternoon. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, they were greatly appreciated! God bless you all :D
    Kudzu

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Kudzu,

I'm so glad that he came through the surgery ok and is recovering nicely. My prayers will stay with you that he can continue to recover. God Bless!

~Micki~

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad it went well & he is recovering! Hope your hip is better also!! You can recover together, get the DD & GK's to help & you 2 take it easy! Continued prayers & hugs for all of you!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Its great to hear the news, Cherry. I'm so glad he's home and you both now can "recoup". I imagine the stress alone has been so exhausting.
    Prayers will continue for him to heal and feel good as quickly as possible.

{{gwi:76417}}

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

kudz...thank you for the update ... and the glorious news that you are BOTH HOME...now the real healing begins! Will keep you, Hossfly & family in prayer. Please remember to rest ...you & Hossfly ...and rest some more...and to take things slowly for awhile. God bless. Jeanne S.

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alleluia! Will keep prayers going your way for you an HossFly. By the way why do you call him HossFly? LOL

God Bless You and Yours and have a wonderful Easter!

NanaGrandma
    Sylvia

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Glad to hear the latest!
    Thank you, Lord for the return home safely!

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm so glad things are going well...Bless you both...

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

You know when you have been thru the valley, but it is a sure thing that everyday will be a higher level than the last. What are the steps and time frame of heart bypass recovery? susie

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Praying that Hossfly has a quick recovery and will be better than ever! It is amazing how quickly they kick people out of intensive care after heart surgery. Not like years ago when they were in the hospital for about a month. I will keep you in my prayers too that your hip is well and you don't have any more flooding!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Susie, you asked time frame for recovery. Can be long-3 mos or short 6 weeks or less. I think shape you are in before surgery, drs that do it, age etc. all make a difference. My GF hubby had it last yr & he refused all pain medications since hospital he was at is known for medication mistakes. How he did it I don't know. But he recovered amazingly fast. Lady friend of mine had it for 2nd time after getting off a plane & complaining she was sick, everyone ignored her except a vehicle that pulled up to curb to take people to their stored cars, he said, hey lady, you look sick, want me to call for help- he saved her as they went to side street & fire dept arrived & after 2 days of kidney failure she was in good enough shape for the bypass. Took about 2 mos in bed & couple more to get on feet. Another man at church in 70's had it & it was about 6 weeks. Need to check out hospital well & tour area the patients are in if at all possible as 1 hospital out here seems to have very sick patients after the surgery, I visited several times over 6 weeks & patients were basically unconscious. Very few seemed to be making any progress. Lady I was visiting died. I man was back to work in 2 weeks,didn't have to do any lifting tho!!Don't know what hospital he was at. So it varies!! Jan