Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindee11461

Junk Train has left the station

cindee11461
14 years ago

Headed down the tracks to...

Hunter Mom(-:

Should be there in 3 days...choooooo choooooooo...Poor JT I had to really force her into that bag and push the box lids down on her. She was fighting all the way. Please let her out asap(-:

Enjoy!

Comments (15)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Hope she has a quick trip!! Can't wait to see what's inside when it gets to Hunter Mom!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Ok...what state did she go to? I'm trying to keep track of this little girl's journey. I just finished updating her album. She's got 92 photos in it now, and has visited 12 states so far.

and lindasewandsew, would you quit letting Evil Twin TJ run around "nekkid". Get that poor little thing some clothes!
    LOL. No wonder Trygg's eyes were practically popping out of his head.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: JT's Album

• leveta
    14 years ago

I just love looking through the album at all her adventures...

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Purple Moon,
    JT is on her way to Corydon, IN (-: She is hopefully having a safe trip. Just in case she doesn't I insured the box(-: I would feel bad if it arrived in a broken state.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Thanks, Cindee. Added that state to her growing list.

I got a quick mental flash of the Post Office faced with paying for a box of junk. LOL. And to collect from them, they normally take box and toss the stuff.
    I still insure things, but if its something I can't replace easily I don't file for the insurance. I know, I'm weird. LOL.

Unfortunately a few things have been broken along JTs journey, as its pretty hard to really pad them and still have room for all the stuff. And JT herself. But hey...
    it is a JUNK Train. LOL. And there's always mosaics.

hugs, Karen

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Cindee, I'm glad you had a nice visit with JT. I could tell she didn't want to leave.
    Hunter Mom, look out, here she comes!
    Vickie

• angieb98685
    14 years ago

Hi there! I found a post from another site, which led me here where I found out about the Junk Train, which lead me to join so I can ask this: Can someone please help me - I really would like to know more about the JT!?! What exactly IS it?! And is it open to anyone? How does one sign up?

Signed: Very Excited Junkee in Vancouver, WA!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I haven't signed up but I follow it. It's a little confusing. JT means 2 things 1. junk train box with your junk going on to next person's house ,each person takes out what they think they will use & adds to the box before sending it on with some of their "treasures"2. JT means this little cute clothdoll that is the mascot & is taking the journey (so we are all kind of along even if we didn't sign up) I think they get a special rate on the box. I know one thing, JT(the doll) must be wrinkle proof as they all stuff her in & she looks great!! They need to bottle that up & sell it to the rest of us LOL Jan PS if I got anything wrong, please feel free to correct!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Hi Angie~

Sunnyca is correct in her description of the junk train. We started it several months ago and she's been all over the country so far! NMgirl is the train conductor and I am the assistant. Since NMgirl is in the midst of moving and unpacking, you can send me an email and I'll get you on the list. We do have some rules with the train and I'll try to get my hands on those and send them along to you in an email. It's loads of fun!

• huntermom
    14 years ago

Ok, JT arrived just in time to go camping last weekend. Will post pix soon. She enjoyed the lake and the "beverages". She hasn't changed much, LOVED the COLD ones if you get my drift. Lots of neat stuff in box, but some broken too. Will send off first of the week, have to pick up some stuff here and there. She's slept most of the week, can't party like she used to! :)

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

She loved the cold ones, huh LOL .... she's quite a socialite! Maybe she can catch up on her jet lag a bit :-)

• ncshabbybeach
    14 years ago

Can't wait to see the camping pics.....I just sent in my application for a train ticket....Maybe the train will come to Eastern NC soon....I am waiting to hear!(hint, hint) I am so excited!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Where is JT headed now? And where are her camping photos?
    I am so anxious to see what she did and where she's going.

hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was wondering too. I insured the box just because I sent a beautiful cut glass crystal bowl and hoped it made it. It would beautiful in a totem! I hoped insuring the box would make a difference as to how hard they threw it into the trucks(-: I really hoped it made it there safely!
    JT must be having a good time. Maybe she is holding them hostage so she doesn't have to go back into that box!!!!!

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

My GD's been asking to see more pic's of JT.Can't wait to see the camping pic's..