Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

The OFFICIAL - 'Hint & Tease' post !!

toomuchglass
14 years ago

I decided to start one off . So many of us have our

"Summer Junk Jamboree" gift in the works or ready to send ... Let's Hint & Tease each other here !!! LOL

We have to do something fun to keep the anticipation high !

\*\* Big Kathy Grin \*\*\* ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Okay .... here's my hint ..... My Pal's climate is really different from mine ..... so I'm sending her some friends to hang around with all year long :)

Comments (60)

• kirkus
    14 years ago

My summer person makes me think of rodents and wish for winter again!!!! I do not like the heat! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Hmmmm...haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but it will go out this week.....my JJ lives in a place where it can be really hot, but her yard always looks so peaceful and she has the BEST fairy gardens!

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Oh yeah! I got the last of the packages sent off today. OOPS! Did I say THAT??? Well, be surprised, be very surprised whomever it is of you who receives some junk, er, I mean Gardyloo from me! :-)
    Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

another old song comes to mind......
    Fly me to the Moon. Or something like that. Maybe. LOL
    My box is being mailed next week.

Marlene...hmmmmmm, I may have gotten that one. Or WILL.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Purple Girl- Is this it?????

Here is a link that might be useful: Fly Me To The Moon

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

ahhh, SusieRose, how wonderful to hear (and see) the man himself singing that. I love Sinatra.
    Anyway, my hint and tease definitely is
    "fly me to the moon". LOL. Should be easy to guess.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Purple "Moon" - Did you draw your own name?????? That is the surest way to get what you really want. LOL

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have to get hopping and get mine out this week ;)

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

I've been so busy lately, haven't seen this thread .... I should have been paying attention ..... A-OOOOOGA!!! as in ChattanOOOOOOOOGA. lol. So, here's the story so far .....

Last night I stepped out on the front porch after dark. I noticed these boxes stacked up on the chair beside the front door. Three of them. 3. Well, it was too dark to see them, so I brought the smallest box inside, and the name was from Julie in Calif, and said Gardyloo on the front!

Well, let me tell you, it was like Christmas Eve! I made myself wait until this morning to tear into them. Around 6:30am I had gotten all of them open by then, and was setting all the goodies up on an outdoor trunk to make a photo for y'all to see. A neighbor that I've seen many times who walks regularly, happened by at that time, and said "What are you doing?!" ...... LOL don't you know that lead to quite a conversation!

I showed her the sweet letter that Julie sent (yes, that's our Jules/DesertRat), and the neighbor said "so you just send in a list of what you like and people send you junk?" LOL .... that led to more explaining and a quick trip to my kitchen deck where she could see the "secret garden" that my neighbors can't tell is there from the front. Then she started to get it. I told her to join us at GJ, so if someone named Janet comes by, please make her welcome. It was really funny because we'd only said "hi" in the past, and this very fit petite lady doesn't usually slow down for anything. I'm not really sure what she thought about me but I think it was her first exposure to a GJ person :-)

I will post pics when Kirk starts the thread. I can't wait to show you the contents of the 3 boxes! Julie, you're a very generous garden buddy, and you sure knew how to send motivating items too! Gosh, everyone should be so lucky as I have been! She sent the perfect things that I'm needing right now!

I can't wait to see what everyone got, and Miss Jules, I'll be in touch with you before long! Thanks again so much ~tenderlee in A-OOOOOOGA (actually called Nooga by us locals :-)

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Tenderlee--You know I've been waiting and waiting! I've been tracking those packages since they left. I did send them out one at a time for three days. The idea was to get one a day starting Tuesday but Fed Ex Ground I guess collects them all and delivers them all at once. You know, you are a sharp cookie. I didn't mean A-OOga like Chatanooga--but that fits it just perfect! I was thinking of the song Chatanooga Choo-choo and trying to throw you off by making car horn noises (new and old) :-)
    I AM SO GLAD THAT I got you the perfect things you've been needing. I was thinking of your gnomes and fairies mostly. THEN I stumbled on the three and I knew they were meant for you! Isn' it amazing what our Gardyloo sickness does to all who pass by? It brings us into conversations with others who just may think that this is really cool! (well let's hope your neighbor walking gal thinks its cool and comes on by for a visit).
    Have fun with your goodies!
    Love, Jules

• kelly_oh
    14 years ago

Hmmm, you guys are mean :).
    Ok, my person is going to be really surprised since I forgot to put a note in the box and my name is nowhere on the box. I sent it from work so a co-worker's name is on the sender portion of the UPS label. She lives just under 3 hours away, so, logically, she should get her gift tomorrow, but it will probably be sometime next week!! Maybe I'll wait to see if my person likes her gift before I own up to it :)

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I'm hoping some of these hints get easier. Some of us are not figuring any out, at all, none. Mercy.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Susie,

Oh no, I'm almost certain of whom mine is but do not want to say. I'm sure one of these posts on here has given me dead give away clues! :-) Come on y'all! You need to give soem more clues. People love to figure out a riddle (or at least put together a giant jigsaw).

Love, Jules

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

As I recall,in this persons state......
    there is a place to soak your fanny. LOL

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Welp, all I can say is that I live in the deep south, but my Secret Gift Person lives even further south than me ..... and by the end of next week she'll have her gift ..... I'm still adding to it :-)

~tenderlee (who is pondering Tanya's comment about soaking your fanny ..... haha .... now that one gets me wondering!)
    Could it be a place with Warm Springs that a former President visited often, perhaps?

• akup_a
    14 years ago

I want to clarify my "corker" statement. According to Webster, a "real corker" is:

Main Entry:cork·er
    Pronunciation:\ËkoÌr-kÉr\
    Function:noun
    Date:1881
    1 : one that corks containers (as bottles)
    2 : one that is excellent or remarkable

According to Texas talk, a "real corker" is "a whopper of a person'.
    Warning: other dialects may have other meanings.
    I sure hope no one thought I was calling someone a whino!
    Vickie

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Not as warm as sunny Florida I am afraid, except for maybe 3 months,even then it is too cold there to soak MY fanny!
    Another clue,,,,they use tire tubes to soak their fannies.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Kirk's clue is REALLY driving me nuts trying to figure out.
    LOL

I think I've only guessed ONE so far, I'll know when it arrives. LOL

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

English poet, Alexander Pope, quoted:

"It is the rust we value, not the gold."

But this could have come from the mouth of my SJJ friend! Any "rust" GJers out there? Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Akup_a... I know a "whino" who is EXCELLENT and REMARKABLE and is a real corker!!!!!!!! LOL She is also kind of "blue" which makes my bottle tree VERY happy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hhhmmmmmm.. I "might " have spotted mine .....then again - NOT !!! LOL You guys are so much fun !!!

I had a techinical diffilculty (sp?) with one of my gifts ........ I was so determined to add this one "extra" gift . Hours later , as I was almost done with it .....um...."fixing it up " .... it started leaking water ! I can't imagine how water got inside of "it" .... needless to say .... it went in the garbage and my partner is getting a whole new 'add on' gift .

** How's that for a CLUE !!!

*Evil laugh*

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Well, I'm not goign to name names since it's OBVIOUS! :-) Its nice to wish for cooler weather again but I just have not got enough of it yet. Besides out summers don't generally end until maybe late September early October. And then even after that some times we get a real scorcher just to remind us. I'll say though that the temps have been real MILD. Still only in the 90's It's when it's in the 100-110's that you really hate life and just retreat to the cave.
    It seems like things are heating up on the Junk Jamboree with everybody ready to move some Gardyloo another direction.

Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Arrrrggggh, now I figured out Kirk's. And maybe Tenderlee's and Vickie's too. I think. LOL.
    I need to make notes and see how many I can guess right.

hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

I think I might have guessed Jeanne's.

Kirk's clue about rodents has me really stumped!?

Karen, yes, write it down! Because I'm thinking of several GJers who actually live south of me *big grin* Take your best shot!

Vickie, glad you clarified the def of a corker because I've been called that b4 and didn't know if they meant I was crazy of something like that .... which might be true lol.

Soaking your fanny, hmmmmmm, would that mean floating on an inner tube? Grew up doing that .... still not getting the clue :-) lol

Time for Clue #2 you guys ..... ~tenderlee

• xmascarolmarie
    14 years ago

Oh, I want to play too! I am on a diet, and the GardenWeb name of my Summer Junk person makes me crave sweets and fall off my diet! I should distract myself from sweets and get going on packing up my person's gift...after I have a glass of wine! LOL Gardyloo, From, Carol

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Well now I am a bit taken back. Hmmm thot we had to wait til July 1 to open our packages. Seems I was wrong. Have had mine from Miss Susiewantsroses for such a long time now. I made myself place it in a corner and just longingly look at it since it arrived. Ok no holds barred, tonite when I get home I'll tear that pkg open for sure.

Kat

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

UtOh, did I break the rules? I already posted mine on the official photo thread. The official one, not an imposter LOL ...

Kat, I couldn't wait to open mine this time. Forgot all about the rules, sorry if I posted pics too soon y'all.

Anyhow, what's your hint & tease about the name you got? :-) ~tenderlee

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Oh Tenderlee you are ok if you opened early. Smarter thanme. LOL
    My hint for my Gardyloo pal is "In the ____ In the ____ where the sun never shines........

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

so the river you soak your fanny in(with intertubes) starts with the letter of a river in Florida made famous by a song.
    Her name has something in common with us all,
    or almost all anyway!

• leveta
    14 years ago

Got mine mailed this morning....Should be at it's destination the beginning of next week...Hopefully in one piece...

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mailed mine yesterday ..... it's got a long way to travel ..... it's not just a hop ,skip & a jump away from me ...

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Mailed my SJJ treasure yesterday & it should reach it's destination by Tuesday!
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

XmasCarolmarie- Your 'hint' has made me loose sleep for two nights!!! LOL

I was thinking Candy, jelly bean, cupcake, peppermint, sucker, chocolate, pop, ice cream, lollypop,cotton candy ??????????????? I am clearly pulling my hair out girl.

This dumb-bunnie needs musical hints!!!!!!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

OK so y'all aren't getting it.
    The package is going to well......
    I use to live in that state long ago.
    I had a stone fireplace. I lost my keys alot there .
    The river you soaked your fanny in was made to rhyme with fannie but didnt really.
    Soak your fanny in the-------------------
    It was a tubing trip down the river each spring.
    AND her name is actually three separate words.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

OK Golden Girl- I googled "Fanny" and finally found a river that goes through '3' states. Some of us folks do not give the State we live in. Everybody knows that I live in AH-CHA-CHA TEXAS because I am a 'bragart' about it (believe me I have lived in other states). So I learned a lot about Fannies today but still dont know the answer to the riddle.

Purple girl- I guessed yours finally.

Kirk- I got yours- you were kind to keep it on my level. LOL

Kat- I think I've guessed yours and that indeed is an old song. LOL

This is so-o-o-o-o Fun!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

I find that the state beside my name or at least a growing zone helps if I have actual garden questions,usually on the Florida Gardening or cottage gardening forum.I am more concerned about the sun fading my objects then someone up north who may be concerned about freeze and thaw destruction.
    But,everyone has a right to keep certain things private.
    That said, you won't get one more hint from me,he-he-he!
    And hey, all that knowledge about fannies may come in handy some day.You could make a fanny questionaire out of it for the next bridal or baby shower you give!Hmmm what prize could be suitable?

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Hint #2 for my SJJ: One of this band's most popular songs was "Stormy". I liked all their tunes 'back in the day' (remember girls, hot pants, go go boots, mini skirts?) LOL

I still don't get the other newest hints .... maybe I'm getting kinda slow here lol .... usually I have divided attention, like right now, GS just woke up. Got to post on just one thread before he did. Now, I've gotta run ... haha no biggie.

UPS said the gift I sent was supposed to arrive today. Hope she enjoys hers as much as I did mine! Thanks again, Jules!

I forgot to make pics before shipping my package out, and hope my recipient can post some for us. Drats .... the OLD WOMAN caused that! Errrrrrr :-) LOL

Gardyloo y'all ~tenderlee

Here is a link that might be useful: Stormy

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's stormy in WI right now ....... Dare I wish it was for me ?????? LOL

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Backyard mom got my package today
    Now Backyardmom is from PA the
    KEYSTONE state for those who didnt get the hint about me losing my keys and owning a stone fireplace.And most of us have a backyard and her name is three words.I had fun looking through her albums
    (I love webshots) and discovered her santas thus the yankee doodle sam-ta.
    So,go soak yer fanny in the susquehanny all you who didnt get it!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Golden, I'd need to have hired my son who's a Private Investigator now to figure out your clues. LOL.

hugs, Karen (who still hasn't mailed hers, and really sorry to be this slow. Was still hunting up more stuff yesterday) But its Fly Me to the Moon on Monday.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Gardyloo FEVER! Just finished packin' my SJJ box for my GJer friend! It's been lots of fun GS'ing & TS'ing & finding just the right Gardyloo junk! Finished last project this afternoon!

This is the last final hint...take her away, Johnny Cash! (an oldie, but a goodie!) Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange Blossom Special

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Goldenpond your hints were good but I wasn't thinking the susquehanny .I've soaked my fanny in the Schulkill and went tubing in the Delaware near Washington Crossing.Which I live closer to.The Susquehanny is up state.I'm further down, I'm glad you surf the webshots.I do love santa's. Joan

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You know - I shouldn't have started this post --- the clues are killing me .......LOL ....... you are all so clever teasing each other ! I know I'm on pins & needles ....

* Big childish grin* !!!

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

My secret JJ person has some real hangups.
    I'm mailing my gift on Monday, forgot today is a holiday for some people.
    Have a great 4th everyone!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Since my SJJ person has now received their gift from me, the answers to my clues were:

#1 the person lives south of me .... (Florida)
    #2 the band's name that did Stormy .... (Classics IV)

My person was Donna/mzclassic.

~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Mailed at PO today! Gardyloo! Jeannespines
    Sing her, Johnny:

Look a-yonder comin'
    Comin' down that railroad track
    Hey, look a-yonder comin'
    Comin' down that railroad track
    It's the Orange Blossom Special
    Bringin' my baby back

Well, I'm going down to Florida
    And get some sand in my shoes
    Or maybe Californy
    And get some sand in my shoes
    I'll ride that Orange Blossom Special
    And lose these New York blues

"Say man, when you going back to Florida?"
    "When am I goin' back to Florida? I don't know, don't reckon I ever will."
    "Ain't you worried about getting your nourishment in New York?"
    "Well, I don't care if I do-die-do-die-do-die-do-die."

Hey talk about a-ramblin'
    She's the fastest train on the line
    Talk about a-travellin'
    She's the fastest train on the line
    It's that Orange Blossom Special
    Rollin' down the seaboard line

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Mine was mailed Monday and should arrive at denim, In the ____ In the ____, Where the sun never shines, house by the eighth. Hope this person enjoys. I laugh at all the clues. I am clueless as to the answers. Am usually good at puzzles. These are hard guys.

Kat

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

ok, I thought I knew songs. In the----------,I guess I spent too much time at Bible College and church cuz all I can think of is
    In the sweet by and by.......................
    My school bus driver use to play Johnny cash on the 8 trak but it was burn burn burn,,,,that ring o fire.
    Wish she would have played something educational I could have learned a second language instead of those songs!
    I have heard orange blossom special many times but YEARS ago and honestly do NOT remember it being about Florida. You'all do know that oranges really aren't that big a thing to us Floridians right? Did you know at the grocer the oranges are from California??????LOL
    So there are a few who mentioned Florida and there is the hint about living things in the yard so that doesnt narrow it down too much as we probably all have critters.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

My School Bus Driver played Ray Stephens!!!!! I am warped for life but I'll die laughing.

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

Finally got my box! Woo-hoo!! Big grin here!
    Now if I can find my camera...I have it narrowed down to one of two boxes.